I think the Work shortcut is just as important according to me. Working in advertising, I might have to go meet clients for meetings, or go for photoshoots and get back to work from there, so having a favourite work pin would be quite useful.
I agree with your second point. Maybe it should switch from the speedometer to the main screen when the vehicle is idle for 10seconds.
2 posts were split to a new topic: Keyless entry
Last OTA was pushed on 08th March. It is more than 2 months now. When can we expect next update with basic critical ones? For me, Night Mode is very critical and life saving.
I think Ather is hiring lot of people for the same (career page is filled with openings like never before)
hopefully when they are on board we have updates - may be in regular schedules
i just hope this happens really quick
this will drive excitement in Existing owners tooo - as every other month flight will keep getting better like our mobiles
4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Keyless entry
2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Hazard lights
5 posts were merged into an existing topic: Updates and new features
6 posts were merged into an existing topic: Updates and new features
@Shreyas - Is it possible to add weather predictions on screen ?
Please consider shutdown option in mobile app.
Also vehicle motor should not turn on till side stand is disengaged or some sort of warning should be displayed on the screen
This was originally planned, but I understand they could not source a reliable quality sensor for this operation. Owners have already requested that this be a standard feature in the next iteration of the product.
Summarizing the OTA Wants after the last update
(I have tried to pool from various above posts)
- Colour themes
- Regen% Indication
- Eco Mode
- Date display along with time
- Hazard light function
…also hazard light function should work when park assist is engaged
- Charging - Battery % indication, Units consumed
- Display of Odo, Trip details during the run mode
- Better Trip reset handle (it is too small today)
- Reduction in Power loss in idle/shut down condition
- Unwanted shutdowns
…below 7% battery shutdowns are so frequent
- Unwanted blank screens
- Automatic cancellation of indicators that really works.
- Cruise control with +/- 5km speed control option
- Strong regen -atleast 70 - 80% than what it is now and option to choose regen level on app at least
- Directions to pin location or coordinates or plus codes, similar to the one in Google maps.
- Traffic status in Maps
- Power Consumption hue indicator in Map Mode
- Option to choose display orientation (between landscape and portrait)
…when portrait is selected half screen should be map and rest should display speed, odo, trip info, battery%, consumption of battery in Whr live…
- Ability to zoom out and in when navigation is on…
- Should zoom out and in based on speed so that curves ahead can be viewed without surprise… like google maps
- Optional audio warning/notification when turn is ahead as we cannot always look at display all the time while riding…
- Addition of compass for map aid (if user desires in the non navigation mode)
Is the Navigation used by the dashboard optimized for 2 wheelers? google maps provides an option to see the routes for cars as well as 2 wheelers. can we have an option to see this route too.
Also Can some portion of the map be made available offline? Vodafone has lots of black spots. Had to wander a bit to use navigation.
@rajeshkav - thanks for the summary. I would like to add a few to the list.
- Ability to see charging rate - Power being consumed real-time (KW) and Kms/min (charge being added). Would like to see this on the dashboard and mobile app.
- Reduce speedo error. This autocar magazine review suggests an error of ~10% compared to vbox.
- Rider profiles - use riding patterns to optimize scooter performance and range based on the individual.
- Access to more in-depth data about individual’s riding style. Providing some useful insights about accelerating and braking behavior can help us improve our riding and some tips to improve range.
- Ability to stop charging remotely from the app.
@Shreyas, would it be possible to share a list of upcoming or potential updates Ather team is working on and allow owners to vote on them. You can prioritize the development based on which features/functionality the users are more interested in.
No.1 and 2 - are for OTA
No.3 to 5 - are for Mobile App; which I will list separately (there is another thread)
I agree to this elicitation technique. User’s demands are to be heard and I hope Ather listens and prioritize their developments.
@Shreyas - for the OTA and Mobile App update threads, may I suggest that you have a sticky post at the top that is regularly updated, so everyone can see in one place the laundry list of feature requests.
When searching for Ather Grid charging point, there should be option of getting Grids close to current location.
Agree this request as recently after taking delivery of the 450, i was searching for nearest Ather Grid and i got a complete list of irrelevant points that were too far off!
At least the app must display the Ather Grid depending on the Range Available on the 450 or the nearest point that is free and not engaged by other EV/450 users…!