I think the Work shortcut is just as important according to me. Working in advertising, I might have to go meet clients for meetings, or go for photoshoots and get back to work from there, so having a favourite work pin would be quite useful.
I agree with your second point. Maybe it should switch from the speedometer to the main screen when the vehicle is idle for 10seconds.
How about an in-screen finger print scanner and/or pattern/pin unlock like mobile phones?
When I read about Carl Pei’s visit to Ather’s experience centre, I got this idea
In future, we can even possibly eliminate the key altogether with this
this was my first question to Ravi at Ather space
when I visited for the first time
i was surprised to see key to access - as all the while my definition of smart was first to be keyless (at least i was expecting a radio remote - instead of key)
but i was informed this was requirement form Government Authority to have a key for 2 wheeler -
however would like to see this in any future models from Ather
Last OTA was pushed on 08th March. It is more than 2 months now. When can we expect next update with basic critical ones? For me, Night Mode is very critical and life saving.
I think Ather is hiring lot of people for the same (career page is filled with openings like never before)
hopefully when they are on board we have updates - may be in regular schedules
i just hope this happens really quick
this will drive excitement in Existing owners tooo - as every other month flight will keep getting better like our mobiles
Read this link, keyless start system
yeah have read that on forum
had the same question (not sure how)
but am certain this will change and Ather goes keyless
Also, vehicle sharing apps like bounce have keyless entry.
No physical key. Only app generated pin
Yes but the manufacturer of the vehicle cannot make keyless vehicle, its modified after procuring the vehicle.
Hey @Shreyas I think it would be helpful if the vehicle had hazard lights in the park assist mode. I think this would be helpful especially when reversing onto the road from the curb, so there is an indication to other vehicles that you’re reversing/obstructing temporarily.
Didn’t know where else to post this. OTA Updates is a closed group.
Edit: The vehicle dashboard still doesn’t show battery status when charging. Hope this comes in the next update.
Sorry about that. I had moved the thread and missed changing the permissions. As for the hazard lights, let me check
Also vehicle motor should not turn on till side stand is disengaged or some sort of warning should be displayed on the screen
This was originally planned, but I understand they could not source a reliable quality sensor for this operation. Owners have already requested that this be a standard feature in the next iteration of the product.
Summarizing the OTA Wants after the last update
(I have tried to pool from various above posts)
- Colour themes
- Regen% Indication
- Eco Mode
- Date display along with time
- Hazard light function
…also hazard light function should work when park assist is engaged
- Charging - Battery % indication, Units consumed
- Display of Odo, Trip details during the run mode
- Better Trip reset handle (it is too small today)
- Reduction in Power loss in idle/shut down condition
- Unwanted shutdowns
…below 7% battery shutdowns are so frequent
- Unwanted blank screens
- Automatic cancellation of indicators that really works.
- Cruise control with +/- 5km speed control option
- Strong regen -atleast 70 - 80% than what it is now and option to choose regen level on app at least
- Directions to pin location or coordinates or plus codes, similar to the one in Google maps.
- Traffic status in Maps
- Power Consumption hue indicator in Map Mode
- Option to choose display orientation (between landscape and portrait)
…when portrait is selected half screen should be map and rest should display speed, odo, trip info, battery%, consumption of battery in Whr live…
- Ability to zoom out and in when navigation is on…
- Should zoom out and in based on speed so that curves ahead can be viewed without surprise… like google maps
- Optional audio warning/notification when turn is ahead as we cannot always look at display all the time while riding…
- Addition of compass for map aid (if user desires in the non navigation mode)
Is the Navigation used by the dashboard optimized for 2 wheelers? google maps provides an option to see the routes for cars as well as 2 wheelers. can we have an option to see this route too.
Also Can some portion of the map be made available offline? Vodafone has lots of black spots. Had to wander a bit to use navigation.