Updates and new features

Same here, no update…

Put it to charge. I’ve updated my mobile app and the Vehicle Software

1 Like

Will it show update only if it is on charge???

Update will show once the update completely downloads.

Download will happen while the vehicle is either switched on or it is on charge. In both cases, good network connectivity will be important.

Compared to earlier updates, which were about 40-50 MB in size, this one is about 5x of that, so the time to download will be higher.

3 Likes

no chargers attached

can they update without charger?

or they are just stranding by for their turn!

Downloading the update without chargers, once download is complete, installation happens with chargers connected.

Download takes a longer time than installation :slight_smile:

3 Likes

ooooo

but how do u know they are actually downloading

is it because u know u pushed it from ur end!

is there any other check

If the network coverage is adequate, download happens during the vehicle being on or while charging.

And yes, the update is pushed from the backend so, that too :slight_smile:

4 Likes

“vehicles being on” means running or parked??

Works either ways. The dashboard should be powered on. Does not dependent on the motor.

1 Like

Same here as well …eagerly awaiting for the OTA!

1 Like

Bikes which will be delivered in coming week, will it have the latest update installed or do we have to do it ?

u will updated one

Was looking forward to the May Update, I received the update around 12:30 pm today, I went out for a short ride post 8 pm to check out if the reduced screen brightness has helped. And am happy to say that its perfect now.
Always wanted the manual Trip meters to keep actual track of my varying commutes and happy that it’s finally here. Also liked the Guide-me-home lights.

10 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: OTA Wants - Feature requests

Should it be charging with Point only or Cable is also fine? My issue is that in it’s usual location where the Point is installed in the basement, the network strength is poor and it still hasn’t downloaded (even though charger is plugged for 2 days now). I can’t keep the scooter on in some other location outside (will not be safe). I could’ve kept on riding, But this time because of the bigger data download, I don’t know how long it’ll take to download. So my other option is to keep it on charge using Point in some place where there is good signal strength too.

Charging cable/Home point/Ather Grid, any of them work equally fine(to download the update).

Installation should be done with the home charging connected.

3 Likes

also Shreyas

a suggestion/idea

send a notification on app advising there is update available and is pushed to vehicle from back-end… so this question weather i actually have an update pushed to bike will not arise

also list what are the updates in detail and ask our confirmation just an acknowledgement that any behavior change is notified…

also check if particular feature can be skipped if user didn’t want to update as he might be comfortable with existing one (add check boxes against all features for users to choose)
in this case i didn’t want charger always locked option (even when it is not charging)

i know this sounds complicated
but giving users more choices will be cool

This is serious issue where network strength is low.why cant software be updated without charging cable as battery is 2.4 kw ?