Hazard lights

Maybe. But its not for the right reason. We are using it wrongly. We do a lot of things in life which are not right but seems right. We have also seen people using hazards at 100 km/h and misusing it. They think they can change lanes however they want when they have the hazards on.

6 Likes

I feel they are definitely from another planet :smiley:

4 Likes

They are from animal planet.

4 Likes

I think this is the correct usage of hazard lights.

In this scenario, people used it because they were slowing down fast. I think they also used it as a warning to other drivers of a danger ahead (in this case, the flooded road)

They’re basically meant to be a warning, so that other drivers can be extra cautious of vehicles that have this light switched on or know that something’s up.

I think the park assist can have the hazard lights switch on by default, which Ather can do with an OTA.

But I’m not sure how this can be implemented for when riding, because there is no physical switch for it and the touchscreen is disabled while riding.:man_shrugging:t2: You’ll have to stop. Too much effort.

5 Likes

There is no law for that in India!

Not surprised…

4 Likes

Hey @Shreyas I think it would be helpful if the vehicle had hazard lights in the park assist mode. I think this would be helpful especially when reversing onto the road from the curb, so there is an indication to other vehicles that you’re reversing/obstructing temporarily.

Didn’t know where else to post this. OTA Updates is a closed group.:thinking:

Edit: The vehicle dashboard still doesn’t show battery status when charging. Hope this comes in the next update.

10 Likes

Sorry about that. I had moved the thread and missed changing the permissions. As for the hazard lights, let me check

7 Likes

Must have in Ather, can be simply implemented in a software update !

5 Likes

@abhishek.balaji can we have both the indicator turn on function ie. the hazard light option in the next ota update??

3 Likes

@duggujain12 Nice suggestion… but reminds me of a hilarious incident that happened with my brother-in-law. He was driving his car with family to a new place and was looking for directions. He switched the hazard light on and slowed down to find the correct turn. Two women were driving in a scooter behind him for quite some time and as he slowed down, they slowed down too. Finally, when he found the place, he moved to left and stopped the car. The women came close to driver side window and one women started shouting at my BiL saying "Aap hamein confuse kyun kar rahe hain?? Dono indicator ON karke gaadi chala rahe ho?? Left Jana hai ki Right??" My BIL was clueless for a minute before realising what actually was the issue. Then he just got out of the car and explained them what hazard light is…

So your suggestion is good, but lot of awareness is needed about indicators on vehicles…

8 Likes

I feel there are very less people who do not know what hazard lights are
Because even when people park their vehicles especially cars on the roadside
They turn the hazard lights on
Only a small percentage of people do not know what is the indication of these lights

4 Likes

Some even use it as a “going straight” indicator at junctions. Other uses:

• fancy lights because most scooters don’t have it
  • I’m going slow on purpose, so don’t honk behind me
  • in the rains or fog for extra caution
7 Likes

I feel it would be a very good feature to have in the 450. Though I never used it while driving no matter how hard it rained but the other night while riding back my Ather home, in very heavy rain I felt the need for it to caution passers-by zipping in the rain. As Windshields tend to get foggy due to miss management of the AC. The Hazard lights can prove life-saving.

8 Likes

@abhishek.balaji pls provide Hazard light function.

8 Likes

Yes… This is an important functions when you want to park at the side of a busy road…

5 Likes

@abhishek.balaji Their should be an option to turn on and off the hazard light basically both indicators to blink together.

1. This could be usefull if their is any issue in the bike while riding in flyover and just want to let other vehicles know by turning on the hazard light.

2. During rainy season or winter if their is heavy fog /rain while riding it can help other vehicles know that ather is on the road.:grinning:

5 Likes

I have been on a dark narrow highway in night where trucks were zipping fast beside me. I have turned on indicator to let them know, also i was pushing as i ran out of charge. I think it will be helpful in times like these

4 Likes

Yes i agree

4 Likes

Helllo Ather owners ,

Very interesting option being bought to implement the feature but the main Reason for an Haazard light should be only used when the Vehicle is in Stationary position just to indicate the vehicle presence , unlike many users use this while being in motion which is totally dangerous and fatal .It is an offence to use the Hazard lights while in motion . @abhishek.balaji: The feature of hazard light should be enabled only when the vehicle is in stationary state and not in the motion and can be released in the future updates . Thanks Ather team for hearing the customer perspectives :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Yes should be added as an option in settings

4 Likes