OTA 4.1.0x

Yeah, I too struggled to explain the issue to them during my first interaction with CC and service teams. It became even more difficult when I could reproduce the same experience with the test drive vehicle. I was fraught with this conundrum, if the test drive vehicle also had the same issue, is it really an issue anymore? So, for now, I am just going to use it as is, and then contact CC after considering what the 450X will have store for me, in terms of performance.

2 Likes

Update:

2 Likes

Every time a new update is released, service technicians might be thinking "eega innenstu barutto ! "

9 Likes

If anyone is interested to know what the bug was, is there a way to know ?

2 Likes

Usually nerdy and internal. Not sure, but it might get internal clues for firmware stuff. So might not get released. Only thing that usually comes out of updates is removed this bug/bugfixes/updated the (…), Etc

1 Like

Just now I updated OTA. What is new in it???

It contains fixes to all bugs that some users experienced after the previous OTA update.

Hope this doesn’t bring in new ones :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

Unfortunately, not even close :frowning: My ride statistics still won’t sync. The app still thinks I have not taken any ride yet! Moreover, the GPS location issue is not yet solved, and the Ather forum is not accessible from the app still. Utterly disappointed with this fiasco! How can bugs be this irreparable? @abhishek.balaji @Ather.Team

This is should resolve itself in a few hours. Your data is not lost, just taking time to sync to your phone.

Checked with the software team and this will be resolved through an app update in the coming weeks.

Good to hear that! Thanks, and will let you know if the problem persists.

Fingers crossed!

From My experience, these are bugs in the cloud and the app but not the scooter. The scooter would still be recording all the data. i had experienced this in my early days with the scooter. the OTA update that came yesterday will mostly fix the ‘bricking’ issue that some had experienced.

1 Like

Gotcha! Thanks.

1 Like

noticed the efficiency has increased … but the 90% to 88% drop and similar 00% to 08% bug still there
i wonder is it neglected or unable to remove ATM.

No changes to performance or features. Just a bug fix which caused some scooters to blank out for some time after the previous update. The 90% to 88% is not exactly a bug, but happens due to rounding off of the battery SoC %. It doesn’t affect the actual battery SoC or performance in any way.

2 Likes

Agrees! That’s how Lithium batteries work. They actually charge in a different mode a above 80%, right?

Yes 0-80% charging is faster then 80-100%, both through the home charger and at Ather Grid points.

Did anyone received newer update 4.1.2

1 Like

Yes I got, I installed it today…

This afternoon my ather is not switching on. Showing update completed turn the key on. It is stuck on the same screen called Ather 1.5 hrs back. Support staff promised to call back. Waiting for the response.

I never shut down the Ather. It was connect to home pod last night for charging. Initial troubleshooting failed (reset etc).

It seems Ather has released patch to improve the dead on shutdown problem, however it was counterproductive for me. And I am left with a dead scooter, l

Let’s see how it goes.

Hey guys. I never got the 4.1.1. So I was happy. Couple of days back I got the 4.1.2 update. And I installed it overnight.
I’ve had some issues with the scooter a while back. While riding it would just restart, not just the dashboard but the whole scooter. I informed ather and they told me to let them know if it happens again. It never recurred until yesterday.
Yesterday I turned the key on and the scooter started to behave weirdly. I tried to capture it on my phone but by then it stopped. The key was in the on position and the scooter repeatedly started restarting maybe 8-10 times continuously. I took the key out waited for a minute and put it back in, and all was fine. So I thought it might have been a glitch.
Later that day I was riding at 60-65kmph and suddenly the motor cutoff. This has happened before so I thought going through the initiating sequence will restart the motor. But to my surprise the dashboard was perfect fine. The motor was in on position ( the greenish button saying motor is on) but no response. I got the kill button and tried it again. No success. I stopped. Took the key out waited, put it back and it’s started off normally.
Now I really don’t know if this is the Ota or the key issue.

1 Like