OTA 4.1.0x

Hey guys. I never got the 4.1.1. So I was happy. Couple of days back I got the 4.1.2 update. And I installed it overnight.
I’ve had some issues with the scooter a while back. While riding it would just restart, not just the dashboard but the whole scooter. I informed ather and they told me to let them know if it happens again. It never recurred until yesterday.
Yesterday I turned the key on and the scooter started to behave weirdly. I tried to capture it on my phone but by then it stopped. The key was in the on position and the scooter repeatedly started restarting maybe 8-10 times continuously. I took the key out waited for a minute and put it back in, and all was fine. So I thought it might have been a glitch.
Later that day I was riding at 60-65kmph and suddenly the motor cutoff. This has happened before so I thought going through the initiating sequence will restart the motor. But to my surprise the dashboard was perfect fine. The motor was in on position ( the greenish button saying motor is on) but no response. I got the kill button and tried it again. No success. I stopped. Took the key out waited, put it back and it’s started off normally.
Now I really don’t know if this is the Ota or the key issue.

1 Like

Was promised that a technician will visit before 6PM. Unfortunately that didn’t happen. Call to ather support is stating agents are busy (could not get cross IVR). It seems a lot of customers are impacted with this botched OTA.
Let’s hope I get a fix soon.
Shall keep you posted

Prathik (Ather technician) visited, reconnected the PDU. And scooter is back up again.
Thanks Ather for the support.

After updating software…
faced 1st problem is display hanging &
Low power motor

Today I kept my ather for charge at home… now it’s 100% charge and the screen is frozen not able to remove the cable from ather now start the vehicle… please help … what should I do? @Ather.Team @abhishek.balaji

Try soft reboot , press both brakes + motor on switch

Any one facing performance issues after recent OTA updates? Earlier it was easy to reach 60kmph in ride mode but after the latest OTA update, bike is struggling after 50-55 Kmph to reach 60. If i switch to sport mode, then only bike is accelerating to 60 and above. I didn’t observe this behaviour earlier. Is it some issue?

3 Likes

Is ather degrading performance to promote ather X just like Apple and Mi :cry:

@abhishek.balaji: It has been 3 days since the update, and I can confirm that my ride statistics page still says I have not taken any ride, and all the software errors faced earlier continue to exist :frowning: FWIW, the bike continues to be parked in the same location as always, and there is no signal issue. What is happening here?

Reach out to customer support for this? They can check the backend and figure out what’s the issue.

I had this issue, it was fixed after logging out and reinstalling the ather app. Give it a try.

No changes in the performance or any of the riding modes.

Indeed! Thanks for the idea.
I actually had to go a bit further: I additionally cleared cache, and now the app is working fine again. I think the app just needed a force-refresh :slight_smile:

1 Like

I charded it 100% yesterday night and did a shutdown.Today morning it refused to start and was showing 0%.

Called assistance and was able to resolved by doing shutdown again.

1 Like

PLEASE DO NOT SHUT DOWN when the charge % is 100%. Hope you have read posts earlier in other thread. If not, please search SHUT DOWN issue.

1 Like

I used to do it everyday…but this has happened 1st time to me after the latest update.

Please read this FAQ which is published earlier

DO NOT SHUTDOWN at high SOC%

Yes I too felt the speed in ride mode has come down.May be Ather wants to increase the range at par with Bajaj chetak. Also vehicle comes up with an error code M019 - low power mode and asking to step aside and turn off the key and switch on again. Twice I had this issue while riding in peak traffic and literally struggled.

I think Ather had to prioritize atleast an Information popup when someone is trying to shut down and rename it to VACATION MODE already !
I just wonder how can they be so ignorant, I see it becoming difficult for community members to educate the owners when someone new joins !!

If this keeps occurring, do reach out to customer service with the error code, they can help you with a fix.

Reported this to CS? Do reach out asap if you haven’t already.