OTA 4.1.0x

Raised a ticket with ather team, technician visiting my place tomorrow.

Problem solved ??

This happened to me just now. The vehicle was completely unresponsive for about 30 mins. After unsuccessfully trying to restart the scooter, I pushed it home and reported the prob to Ather.

I turned the key on after 20 mins or so and the scooter came back to life!

While I am happy that the scooter is back to life, I am not very happy with the way things turned out.

@Ather.Team excellent ride experience and performance is marred by these forgettable experiences. Please fix your process of software testing and roll out. You can’t experiment with customers when they ride something trusting their safety to Ather.

4 Likes

Exactly, what u as well felt. though Ather seems to deny it made any change to that in recent update but the impact is discernable…

The pickup punch seems to be missing now :frowning:

4 Likes

Sent my vehicle twice for pickup issue they said finally they are addressing this low pickup through firmware update but it will not be immediately. Why did they had to touch sport mode performance which is why many bought ather in 1st place.

2 Likes

Very true. With ever increasing number of 450s on the road such fatal errors are a nightmare for owners and service department. You are putting the service techs in a stressful position having to deal with a sudden influx of vehicles for an issue that was entirely preventable.

Everytime i hear a developer saying “Its a small issue”, I remind them that if it’s that small then it shouldn’t have occurred in the first place!

Testing is such an under-appreciated role in the tech industry!

5 Likes

2.x Firmware was lot stable with minor bugs which you can live with and no pickup related issue.
I might got back to 2.x shortly.

1 Like

I felt the same but wasn’t sure if it was something that happened after the update to everyone or just me experiencing it.

Technician rolled back the firmware. Let see how it goes.

Hey guys. I’m a bit late on this but could you tell me which software version it is that is causing so many issues ?

Which firmware did you roll back to and from .

From 4.1.1.6 to 4.1 0.6

1 Like

9 posts were merged into an existing topic: Ownership Experience

Did you manage to figure this out? I did check with the software team and no changes were made to any of the ride modes. In any case, if we do have to make any changes, we have to get the changes certified with the transport department through homologotation before rolling it out to scooters on the road. We’ll duly let everyone know if we make any changes to the performance. Most likely what you’re observing is the derating of the motor’s peak performance due to higher than normal temperature conditions or lower battery percentage, to make sure you can reach your destination and get the rated range.

2 Likes

Thank you for checking with the software team. I noticed an improvement in performance from the day 4.1.0.x was released and applied to my vehicle. However, after 15 days (around 4th Jan) the performance dipped again. I agree these changes were not caused by a software update, as there was no other update applied when it dipped again.

I tried to rule out tyre pressure, temperature and battery percentage by doing a speed test after a pressure check and a cold start with a full battery, the issue is still present. The vehicle does take lot of time to reach 81 or 83 kmph after it crosses 75 kmph. Additionally I can observe the motor noise and vibration as soon as I try to push it beyond 75 kmph. I did not observe these noises when the performance felt improved over those 15 days.

I am yet to reach out to the service team again, i plan to do so after 450X and its upgrade program gets launched.

3 Likes

Hat tip :tophat: for trying out various scenarios before reporting this! We’ll continue to investigate this as see if this is really an issue.

2 Likes

You just made my day; got hit with the same problem today afternoon. I already raised a ticket but thought of checking in the forum, stumbled upon your solution. Kept the key in off position, pushed the vehicle and applied the brakes and then I was able to turn it on. Thank you :slight_smile: :bowing_man:

5 Likes

Today I also had the same problem. I have turned off the scooter , opened the under seat storage and turned on the scooter quickly result: blank screen and scooter is not turning on. tried multiple times, then I remembered about your tip. Kept key in off position and pushed the scooter then applied brake solved the issue for me. Thanks for the tip :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

I agree, looks like vehicle is maxing out at 75. Earlier I used to get around 90kmph. However initial pickup is better now.

3 Likes

I too have the exact same problem that you’ve mentioned about the pickup of the vehicle and moving past 75 with increased fan noise and difficulty in reaching speeds higher than 85.

All this I’ve seen happen even before the software update ever since the service team picked up my vehicle for a small correction with the brake tube in the front.

I’ve tracked this with my efficiency as well and have seen a big difference, where i used to be able to maintain an average of 36 to 37 wh/km with a combination of ride mode and sports mode but now with the same riding conditions i can never get anything better than 42.
The max number of kms i can get out is 55 with this combination.

Pickup too in the sports mode may have been effected slightly.

Repeated discussions with the customer care haven’t been very fruitful.

As for the software issue i too experienced the same shut down and had to wait a day for the technician to visit and revert to the earlier version. I was left stranded for those 2 days without a vehicle and it wasn’t good.

2 Likes