Updates and new features

I agree with him… Felt the same

Do you mean the ones similar to the brake locks available on the Ntorq?.
I’d like that too.

1 Like

Yes, I too have faced this. The one in Jupiter is very helpful. Even while parking, sometimes Ather just slides down and I need to find a parking without slope.

1 Like

Nice trick to keep if the phone. Isn’t it :wink:. My wife is happy that it’s doesn’t have the brake lock!

3 Likes

8 posts were split to a new topic: Ota 4.1.0

A post was merged into an existing topic: OTA 4.1.0x

Oh my! This is a much required feature! Possibly deal breaker for me! :sweat:

Eco mode us useless , have not used it even once and thats the last mode you want to use , and worst part is with 15% charge it auto shifts to ECO and scooter is absolutely unusable in this mode.I have been pestering @Ather.Team to have 2 branches of firmware 2.x and 4.x .

2.x for users who just want to use scooter like a scooter with RIDE and Sports mode.
4.x for user who user scooter for navigation and certain features that many may not be used by most user on a daily basis.
Also I was told toll back to 2.x firmware is not possible not sure whats the reason @Ather.Team is unable to give me a valid reason for the same.
I was so happy with 2.x firmware except for the indicator autocutoff issues and some random minor issues like screen blank issues as it had only 2 modes RIDE and Sports Mode.
Also if 2.x firmware is not an option let them make the code change of the failover to ECO mode at 8% charge or rather than 15% charge its just a value change in the firmware that needs to be done and its certainly that can be done on the firmware.
Hopefully they come up with what customer wants rather than what Ather Product management team wants.

1 Like

What’s the worst efficiency when riding using ECO mode, it could be ~35 Wh/km. This offers approximately 10 to 12 kms of range at 16% of the 2400 kWh battery. If you force ECO mode at 8%, it might offer only 5-7 kms range when riding around 35 Wh/km efficiency. For this to happen, Ather has to assure a fast charger that’s not farther 5-7 kms. Unless the density of fast chargers are increased, there is no point in dropping the forced ECO mode to 8%. This could mean more chance of stranded vehicles.

4 Likes

Going by that logic, 35Wh/km efficiency in any mode should give the same range, but eco mode has enough restrictions to make it more dangerous since it doesn’t let us overtake and severely hampers driving.

3 Likes

Agree with you on your comment. However it is individual choice, there are people out there who will use Eco mode. Let them have it. If we do not like, let us switch to other 2 modes whichever convenient to us.

fyi, I too do not like ECO mode.

3 Likes

I’m definitely not against choice of having eco mode, just the forced switching to eco mode at 17%? battery level is the problem. The user should have the choice to over ride that and should be able to chose other modes too.

2 Likes

I’ll share a detailed response later in the day, but basically it’s because of how Lithium Ion batteries work. The power you get from the battery to the motor depends on the SoC of the battery. At higher SoC, the battery can output more current, which allows for the sport and ride modes. However, at lower SoCs, the battery cannot output the required current to run the motor at full performance, hence the auto switchover to Eco mode. In fact, the performance at very low SoC in the 2.x firmware at Ride mode is similar to the performance now at the same SoC in Eco mode now. Even if we do the default switch to ride mode, you’ll get the benefit of the Ride mode performance only for about 2%.

4 Likes

Thanks for the insight man, but the moment we let the accelerator go and the vehicle falls to eco mode at low SoC is quite a bummer, the sudden drop in power truly puts us in a dangerous position. There should be a smother transition rather than a sudden drop, thats all i’m saying.

The Ride mode performance in firmware 2.x at low SoC was not as poor as ECO mode for sure. So having a choice to switch between Ride mode and Eco mode in low SoC would be welcome.

1 Like

Same here, has been hating the auto switch to eco mode. More than any battery saving logic, am worried that it is hazardous. I was taken by surprise during an overtake when it switched to eco mode.
Don’t force it on users, it is very dangerous and a vehicle behind can easily hit you. I have almost lost 18% of range (in which I could have managed another 15kms easily staying in ride mode).

Vehicle usage and ride pattern varies from place to place and I am in Bangalore where we have lot of slopes and downhills and bad roads. 5 to 7 kms is more than enough to get you back home when your daily travel is less than 25kms .
I never go below 20% charge before putting it to charge but if there is a need 15% is more than enough to head back home however if it switches to ECO its unbearable to ride it , some times ill be 2-4 kms away from home and it goes to ECO and its pathetic to ride in the mode.
Im sure many would be in same boat as me , that why Im insisting Ather to change the switch % to a lower number as you know your riding pattern or give an option to change the mode to what ever mode to at least RIDE mode.
Its been 6 months Im using the vehicle and my ride pattern and distance traveled per day has not changed as its for limited usage less than 30 Kms per day.

Just received an update notification on the 450,anyone else receive one…?

no nothing yet

Ather has asked me not to install and soft reset, that was an unintended deployment.

1 Like

Yes, I have received as well.
Installed already…