We spoke to a few of the authorities involved with the Maharashtra State EV Policy. Here’s the guidance they provided and the steps that you can use to claim a subsidy for your purchase of the Ather 450X or 450 Plus.
On Road tax and registration fee waiver:
The Maharashtra Government has offered a 50% waiver on yearly road tax. The government is charging road tax on an annual basis in anticipation of a new EV Policy rollout soon.
- The road tax for regular vehicles is INR 800/year. However, due to the 50% waiver, Ather owners would have to pay INR 400 per year.
- The registration fee of INR 300 remains as is.
- The Govt. is yet to provide clarity on what happens from the second year on. We expect this to be in line with the state’s EV policy. As we get more clarity we’ll keep you folks posted
There is a webpage on the Maharashtra Government website, which isn’t working and has been confirmed by the officials. For now, the entire process is offline and is administered by the government.
Here’s the process:
- There’s an application form that has to be filled by an Ather Owner in Maharashtra, along with a few documents post-purchase of the vehicle. Please see the list of documents below.
- These forms have to be sent by post to “Directorate of Industries, New Administrative Building, 2nd Floor, Madam Cama Road, HutatmaRajguruChouk, Opp Manatralaya, Mumbai 400032”.
- The processing time as clarified by the officials is around 2 months under normal circumstances.
- Once the process is complete, the subsidy amount would be directly transferred to your bank account.
Some conditions if you’re availing subsidy:
- The subsidy would be applicable only for one vehicle per individual
- The vehicle cannot be sold outside of Maharashtra for a period of 5 years. The RTOs in Maharashtra would not be issuing NOCs required for transfer of sale outside of the state in the first 5 years of ownership.
The steps to claim subsidy are based on our interactions with government officials. The subsidy process and claims would be between the Government and the individual, and Ather Energy or the retail partner won’t be able to help you move along the process.
List of documents required:
- Application form
- Copy of Owner’s PAN / Aadhaar card
- Vehicle invoice
- Vehicle RC Copy
- Copy of RTO registration certificate
- Canceled cheque
- Customer Undertaking (on company letterhead in case of company purchase)
- Two Stamp Receipt: Revenue stamp along with a signature
We’re working on making these available through our retail partners as well as digital copies that you can print out without needing to visit again. Will update here once we get a link to share.
Sarath City Capital Mall, Kondapur
Chai Kahani, Sainikpuri
Centre Square Mall
French Toast, Panampilly Nagar
French Toast, Kacheripady
Subway, Paud Road