Hazard lights

People misuse hazard lights. Its over rated, just like the horns…! Peace :v:

3 Likes

I travel on a national highway alot and travelling 70 kms daily tends to be tiring so i take breaks. When i park the bike I’d like to put on my hazards to alert trucks that I’m at the side of the road. Alot of accidents have been taking place lately and having Hazards would really help.

4 Likes

All of us are well known with the Hazar indicators function like, how they work & how they help.

An Ather because of its sharp design & funky lightings will deliver an astonishing looks with Hazard Indicators. I agree that it is nearly of no use to have hazard lights in a scooter but It inversely would work out for the Youthful owners who use their Ather for fancy purposes like Instagram reels, YouTube videos, etc.

It can be a stand out feature for an Ather, not many scooters are providing this. Unlike the “Guide-me-home-light”, another kind of useless feature which Ather still continues to provide, the Hazard Indicators will atleast do some work better than it for sure!!

We have seen this feature live in their YouTube video & that’s maybe a hint…? like it is possible for them to offer a feature like this in future. This is only possible if you guys demand it,

You guys can express your views on “how this feature if introduced should work??” Any kind of gesture or something else!!..

Ather X Gujarat Titans [Hazard Indicators live]

2 Likes

the gesture or button combination or dashboard switch decision would be best by the Ather team itself

but this feature will be really helpful.

1 Like

Hazard lights are not possible on the current scooters, since regulations require dedicated switchgear to operate hazard lights, which are not present in the current line of scooters. We might consider this at some point in later models.

15 Likes

With all due respect to all the people who’ve posted above, Hazard lights are just a show-off/nuisance product on a 2-wheeler. Whoever has retrofitted them on other 2-wheelers use it just for this purpose and also generally have strobe lights, LEDs, etc. to jazz it up further.

The way these are used is actually a danger to other road users and thus by extension to the user in question themselves. For example, using hazard lights while riding in the rain can be blinding for other road users (cars are a huge culprit here). Also, one cannot give direction indicators while the hazard lights are on.

The real purpose of hazard lights is when a vehicle is unable to move and is stuck on the road where the lights are used to warn other road users of the zero speed of this vehicle or in the case where the vehicle is forced to move exceptionally slowly. 2-wheelers don’t have this problem because they can be easily pushed off the road and even far away.

Thus, I strongly urge Ather (@abhishek.balaji) NOT to introduce this ‘feature’ in the interest of public safety and corporate responsibility.

In such cases, you’ll be surprise how effective your tail light is. The flashing hazard lights reflect off the beads on rain on a car windshield which reduce visibility further. In such scenarios just trust your tail light and give short bursts of indicators in case you are changing lanes or turning.

7 Likes

Its ILLEGAL to switch on hazard lights while moving unless its being towed.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

wait, why is this topic opened again? Is Hazard lights coming? did @atherteam found a loophole to work around the legality.

3 Likes

Only Ather team read some law saying requirement of seperate button. Ola doesn’t have seperate button. Combination keys used to enable and disable

1 Like

they don’t even need a loophole a simple hazard while reverse and hard braking is doable and is being done by the industry

2 Likes

Thats the loop hole, instead of having a dedicated switch, you are pressing multiple switches to activate the hazard function.

Hi Ather team, Please add warning hazards lights option and Pass light. this will be really helpful. feeling unsafe during overtake

3 Likes

Hazard lights are not supposed to be used the way you think… hazard lights and horn… no no…! Use them only in EMERGENCIES…” :blush: Peace :v:

2 Likes

What is the law preventing hazard lights?

3 Likes

Here you go

1 Like

Abhishek You guys can try someway to use Software and Button Controls :expressionless:

6 Likes

In Ola it’s to keep the power button pressed

2 Likes

Please , Do use this Reference :rofl::joy:

1 Like