DiY mount for Portable Charger

I just started the process of making the frame I was going on about. Should have something to show in a couple of days.

Update: Here’s the link to the CAD file as promised.

14 Likes

… and done.

Fix cradle to wall, drop Portable in cradle, and we have a multi role stealth install.

The final metal version will be ready soon. Once everything works as I want it to, I’ll post the 3d model in case someone is interested.

Geting rid of the plastic cover further 1 inch off overall width and 5mm off the depth. Makes the unit easier to carry. The internal unit is fully weatherproof by itself, so there are no water ingress concerns. The cover is purely cosmetic.

18 Likes

Second iteration. This one cannbe assbled and disassembled without tools, and allows the charger to be oriented both ways. Couple of small modifications, and this should also be reconfigurable to hold the charger without the cover. I’m going to get these cut with 2mm steel or aluminum sheets, and call this done.

18 Likes

wow, the epoxy :roll_eyes: Ather literally went for overkill with this, It will end in a landfill when it fails Here is some Technical if anyone wants to know the parts

Where is the hqdefault

7 Likes

that’s the trade secret no manufacture in the world disclose their secrets or expose their secret in public isnt it

if its possible kindly make a new charger for this Ather

6 Likes

Everything came together exactly as intended.

8 Likes

Only thing missing is a good front cover, which I have a good idea about. BTW, How’s security implemented, given this is the portable?

4 Likes

I’m a function over form kinda guy, so probably won’t bther. However, the brick has four holes that are used to attach the grill over the fan. Those could be used as a mount for a decorative plate. Attaching one to the frame would only take away from my basic requirement of easy mounting / dismounting.

My installatin is indoors, so not really concerned about that. Even the Dot that’s supposed to be a secure install isn’t safe from somebody with a Philips head screw driver and 2 minutes to spare. If the intent is to slow down a thief, one could use the single piece bent version of this, screw it firmly into a wall, and use a chain lock / barring plate / whatever to keep the brick from being pulled out. Even then, somebody with a crowbar could defeat all of this in a minute. So…

3 Likes

First post updated with CAD drawings.

4 Likes

Thanks for making the Portable Charger clear! Will go with PC myself.

4 Likes

Hi. Trust these are Aluminium plates.

How much did it cost overall and how much for the CNC cutting?

Trust all these parts are just tight fit and not welded to each other.

Also, is this setup connected to the ground in case of any accidental current leakage?

2 Likes

You can make it out of anything, really. Mine is powder coated MS. The LASER shop has a lot of MS lying around, sonit saves me the hassle of sourcing material, creating DCs, etc.

I designed the thing myself, so the only cost was for the cutting and powder coating. It was approximately 2k.

Yes. Everything slots into each other.

No it isn’t. But it’s metal, so running a drain wire shouldn’t be a big deal.

2 Likes

This post is for people looking to make their wall charger portable

Caution: do it at your own risk , makes it more vulnerable to theft , probably voids warranty.

I took the wall charger but soon realised I might need it to be portable in some situations. Since I myself installed my charger I knew how it was inside of the wall mount cover and thanks to this thread I got to know the portable charger also has the same size charger inside of it. So I just modified some things to make mine portable. ( Btw you can fit the entire charger with some hassle into the boot )

I just screwed the top bolts upside down, welded some bolts (because I couldn’t put hand nuts on existing bolts and they were kinda hard to access), spray painted the pannel black since the paint was destroyed after the welds, added some magnets to the bottom part of cover to hold it in place. The light was damaged by my friend while he opened it because he did not know he had to unhook the connector so I just put some LED which was lying around.

I use a tick,small bag made of alcantara to put my charger and put it into the boot. The bag cushions the charger very well inside the boot.

As you can see in the images, my charger wire is run into my home from the shed. I just turn off a switch to stop charging. (A simple solution for people who want to turn off charging. get a switch done inside your house while installing the charger. I know most of you have it directly to your power meter but still thought would let you all know)

5 Likes

Outdoor box holder for all EV Portable charger. Heavy metal Powder coated paint. 2 lock system. This box :package: is not airtight, there is provision for ventilation. Perfect for Ather 450, 450x ola s1 s1 pro and all EV chargers.

Please share your views on this product.

3 Likes

I have purchased this Sintex box for my portable charger. It costed Rs.1200 in Hyderabad

I have a NFC tag on the box. When I tap my phone on it, using tasker and Alexa app, it turns ON the smart plug.

I have purchased the holder for the charger gun from a company in Pune.

26 Likes

Created this portable charger holder for my new Ather. It is a 3D Printed Part, adding the design file links so that anybody can print it if they want.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5391712

19 Likes

Bro can you print and courier me I will pay for it tell me the price of it and colours available

2 Likes

Amazing. I liked your design.

2 Likes

There’s a similar product sold by this one guy who 3D prints Chsrger holders.

7 Likes

Ather Port Charger ka Ather Dot Charger bana diya :grin: Jab Marzi kholo or kahin bhi le jao👍

15 Likes