Installing the Ather Dot

Haha! Yes same. I stay in an apartment in a society, though I did not have any problem with the permission, I have done the same thing as small kids play there and curiosity generally gets the better of them :laughing: It was a correct decision is what I feel now because I can carry the dot in the boot as well lol!

2 Likes

Very well put! Availing the Ather’s services for installation of Dot would work out when you’re unsure of your current electrical infrastructure, and it makes it hassle-free. If you live in larger apartment complexes, just adding a socket with the required wiring would work, and will work out cheaper if done on your own or through the local electrician.

However, it does make sense for older independent houses, where you might have to do some additional checks on the earthing, load capability of wiring, etc. Besides, the electricians coming through Ather’s services have done hundreds of installations, so they would be aware of the different scenarios that can play out during installation.

The Dot anyway has been designed to make installation as easy as possible, but if you’re unsure of the quality of electrical infra, would recommend going through Ather for a hassle free experience.

3 Likes

We can use Dot as portable if take of shell right.?

While it’s technically possible, we won’t recommend you dismantle your Dot in any way after installation.

1 Like

Installation is not a problem i can do that .

1 Like

A recommendation with no basis in reality. The charger has already been determined to be a completely sealed unit.

All the necessary details are here: https://forum.atherenergy.com/t/diy-mount-for-portable-charger/15351

1 Like

On the other hand, if we relocate within the city & if we wish to get ATHER technician to relocate DOT for a price is it possible ?? @abhishek.balaji

Do you think I can use Dot as portable . Coz it is same inside shell.

Absolutely.

1 Like

How’s your mod charger working.

1 Like

Perfectly fine.

The length from charger to the scooter socket will be 6 Feet, and there is no option to increase the length of it, Instead we can bring your power point or socket closer to the bike so that might resolve your cord length issue. Or else you can create a junction / gang BOX with an 15Amps ROMA socket and Switch with the desired length and you can keep the DOT on the Scooter Floor and charge it.

Yes we can use DOT as portable charger, currently i am also using it as a portable one, and also carried the DOT with me to my cousins place and i was using there for few days as well… Did not face any issues… But remember you should be more careful while handling as we have few chances of dropping it…

I will take it out of its shell for good and put it in boot .

2 Likes

yeah… and save the shell somewhere. maybe useful in future.

Yeah for charging in rainy days maybe.

The shell does absolutely nothing to prevent water ingress. Simply look at the openings in it and imagine water hitting it from different directions.

The inner core is waterproof all by itself.

Well that is a news for me . As per ather Dot is supposed to be water-resistant and not the portable. I think Ather should clear some things out here

1 Like

The water resistance of the internal brick has been made amply clear here:

3 Likes

Cool. But is the internals of portable charger also the same?