Ownership Experience

I have been following the guidelines outlined by Raghavan and I am able to consistently ride at 27wH/km. I use only sport mode. This is my first week of ownership.

Talking about regen, I request someone to list down how it should be used.

I am charging my Ather 450 on alternate days. I find that the Dot does not switch on sometimes. It switches on once I press the reset button in the circuit breaker(am I right with this name) that is placed ahead of the Dot. At the time of installation of Dot, I was asked to press the reset button once in 15 days. I am not sure why it calls for pressing the reset button on alternate days as in my case. it occurs sometimes, though. is this normal or does it need some attention from Ather? I am in first week of ownership.

Likely because of erractic power supply during the nights which can trip up the dot. This helps prevent damage to the dot. It it happens too frequently, reach out to customer service so they can help you figure out if something is wrong.

It’s rather easy, when your SoC is under 85% and speed is over 20 kmph, turn the throttle in the reverse direction. It doesn’t have much play in the reverse direction but a little bit of turn does the job, it reduces speed slowly till about 20 kmph and then you’ll have to use brakes. Also, according to an FAQ I read recently by @rajeshkav it doesn’t really regenerate too much energy but if you ask me does a decent job of slowing you down in moderate traffic. Also, just a safety reminder don’t use this for emergency braking, the brake lights don’t turn on when you use regen and it isn’t strong enough for emergency situations.

On another note, I usually average between 27 Wh/km and 30 Wh/km. Hilly terrain and climbing flyovers really doesn’t help much with efficiency unfortunately.

You don’t notice the fan turning on when you hit 48kmph and slow down to 40 at the initial part of the ride where the motor/battery obviously isn’t hot?

Thank you for the detailed guidance. I will try. I do get such stretches where I can try this.

1 Like

Thanks, Abhishek Balaji. I do not plug in after 10.00pm but between 7.30pm and 9.30pm. Will watch it for sometime and if this issue crops up, I will get in touch with CC.

Why it’s not charging :expressionless:Screenshot_20200307_132753|233x500

@Ather.Team

Call the cc team. They can authenticate in an hour.

2 Likes

Yep I did bro waiting for a callback…

1 Like

Charging now :smile::+1:

1 Like

My first ride from space to home :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Congrats on the new flight!

1 Like

7 posts were merged into an existing topic: Scooter not turning on

19 posts were merged into an existing topic: Mobile App

Anty theft alarm is not there with Ather seems

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Dashboard

You are having harley ah

Today I was about to get skid 2 times. I have applied left brake when I was in a straight line and speed was around 40 kmph(1) and around 50 kmph(2), both the times rear wheel started skidding.

Is it because of the CBS or tires.

Any pro tip to handle this situation would really help. Because, sudden panic will lead to applying more pressure on brake and locking up.

Edit:

I have noticed many sharing about the lock up due to sudden braking. Hence I’m curious to know what to do at this point.

1 Like

I use avenger and it tends to skid on sudden braking because of brakes locking up. So I brake the way braking happens in an ABS braking scenario. I apply brake then release and brake again repeatedly and I start braking well ahead. But in sudden scenario it is not going to help out. I guess it might be because of new brakes. Try to be little cautious bro. And in bangalore drivers are mad. They rush in suddenly when ever necessary. So stay safe bro.