Ownership Experience

This helps a lot! Even my wego (dumb drum brakes) work well with this. Stops quicker with min skids, but requires training, esp during panic.

When I got to know it’s skidding, second time I managed as you suggested above, brake - release - brake to avoid locking up and it really helped me control the situation.

Adding to what others have pointed out, you’ll get used to it soon. Remember to apply both brakes at the same time. Coming from a regular ICE scooter, where the weight distribution is towards one side, you’d have got used to applying one of the brakes more to avoid skidding in that.

The 450 has powerful disc brakes, and a good center of gravity and weight distribution. After riding for sometime, you’ll get used to it. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yes, after the 1st skid, I have started managing such situations :blush:.

1 Like

Not sure you can really do an ABS manually. Its easier to go easy on the brakes and only go full jam in case of emergency

2 Likes

Sure, I’m going easy on the brakes already after few inputs and experience and handling critical braking like brake - release - brake instead of complete braking.

Never a good idea to full jam the brakes in emergency. That is a basic mistake. ABS was developed to overcome this natural reaction of users (plus other reasons to make all the tyres move individually and appropriately based on the turn). In the absence of ABS, we should do brake-release-brake as suggested by @toraghavan09 and @govindrover. I read somewhere that expert test drivers used to consistently beat the ABS in its initial days and that data is used to improve the ABS.

5 Likes

Jamming the brakes means coming to a stop asap without skidding (can be done). This is one of the tests that is done when you actually get a license in the UK.

3 Likes

Doing manually is a skill that needs to be developed. It’s pretty easy once u practice it.

Hi @abhishek.balaji @rajeshkav @Ather.Team The ride stats isn’t showing up since a month. It is asking me to go on my first ather ride😂

What’s the fix for this? Do I wait for the next update?

3 Likes

My vehicle is charging even after power cut for 10 mins :rofl: I think I’m blessed with Over The Air Electric :innocent:

Edit: Went ahead and unplugged the charger. Not sure why it’s showing charging both on app and scooter.

Anyone please clarify on this!

3 Likes

In my case it is opposite! even with power it has not charged. See the below quote from my ownership topic

2 Likes

That’s so strange. In my case, I thought to plug again to test it after I unplugged, by the time the power came back. So, I’m still curious what could be the reason?

Anyone face a slight difficulty when turning the handle bar to complete left. I feel sometimes the wires block the turn.

I had faced this during the initial days of my scooter. This was corrected in the first owners’ meet in April 2019. It took them just 5 mins. I had mentioned the same in the meet report (quoted below).

Some hose/tube/wire blocks it from turning it completely to the left. Last week, the issue has crept up again.

1 Like

Calling the CC would solve the problem ?

It should. Best is you report it through the app itself (if it opens for you) and someone from the service team will get in touch with you. Being a minor issue, either someone will correct it at your doorstep or they’ll schedule a pickup.

Thanks bro. App is loading :joy:

Short update to this…the vehicle is charging. When we checked it a few minutes ago, It had reached 100% and we’ve switched it off now. If it repeats, I’ll report it.

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Scooter not turning on