Ownership Experience

Bro have u considered putting on any ceramic coating of sorts? owing to Chennai’s rough traffic conditions, other ppl easily leave scratches on our bike and just get away with it, the biggest problem being that this is a white colour vehicle…

Do u have any such sort of idea? or do you feel it is unnecessary?

btw which area are you from?

2 Likes

Hey man,
I would be applying ceramic but I don’t think I’ll be going in for ppf.
Traffic isn’t all that big a deal for me since I don’t travel within the city.
I had bought 2 ceramic pros a couple of years back in USA. I’ll be using it completely on the vehicle.
I live in gomathi nagar, east tambaram.

1 Like

Oh wow you’re in Tambaram, you’re very close by!
And well I did talk to ceramic pro nungambakkam, bcos some Bangalore Ather owner posted a video of his vehicle getting ceramic.
They told me that ceramic is better than ppf.
I’m still debating whether or not to apply it.

Ceramic will not help with deep scratches. PPF on the other hand does. I recently had a brush with a giant truck and his bumper grazed the right side panel. The PPF took all the impact and left the paint untouched.

3 Likes

Wow damn that was helpful thanks man!
What other differences are there then?

hi raghav

where did you put PPF and how much

have they removed all the parts and did or like that only

diwakar

I got it done at a local place in HRBR layout, Bangalore. They did not remove anything as the PPF gets applied only on the exposed metal sections of the bike. So basically, the left & right panel below the seat, the footrest area and the front sections.

1 Like

how much you paid?

Can i have your cell no. so that i can call you

Did you go with 2 Ather Dots at home ?

Yes

Can we have some photos please…
Of the new charger DOT

1 Like

I really need to share this.
I was waiting for a green on a signal. And I had to do some 400 metres before taking a left. There was no traffic.
There was an activa and I knew he was going to race me.
Upon the green, full throttle on both scooters. That guy was probably some 15kgs lighter than me and my flight had 40% SOC.

Ended up atleast 4 metres ahead of him! Damn I’m impressed!

The look on his face was worth dying for :rofl:

18 Likes

There should be a show-boat button that we can press after such victories, which could cause all the lights and sounds of Ather to go off & on in a celebratory sequence!!

11 Likes

Post this in feature requests? Add a few notes on what you’d expect it to do on your Ather :slight_smile:

“Celebration mode is an absolutely necessary feature” - Jeremy Clarkson :smiley:

5 Likes

Haha, of all the disagreements that Jeremy had with Tesla, didn’t know that he is in agreement with this one feature! :slight_smile: I will post in feature requests now! It is a no-brainer feature need for the Ather 450!

5 Likes

Find 4-5 Athers…

5 Likes

After an extremely spirited drive on outer ring road in max temperature. fans kicked in after 5 mins of drive… after 15-20 mins i could feel performance getting hit. Strangely 30 mins later the noise did go up than regular, other than that no other issues

Also, mine has never shut down or rebooted due to overloading or extreme riding, seems like a stable product.

What you should worry about is almost all panels becoming loose after 3500 km’s, waiting to send to service to tighten all panels. Rubber rings or screw plates do more than increase cost Ather team. I have never had this quality lapse in such a pricey product. But then i never did ride a two wheeler on Bengaluru roads before

Maybe roads are worse (Whitefield mountains and ravines), maybe Ather quality is not up-to mark… its a debate

1 Like

I just sent mine for the 5k service and did not have any issues with loose panels or screws. And i off-road a lot through KR Puram, Mahadevapura and Whitefield.

Though, this was not so uncommon on the ICE scooters i have had. All of them had issues with the screws holding the dash coming loose and the entire front section rattling around.

1 Like

2 posts were split to a new topic: Feedback on Ather Forum

Ather actually holds up a lot better than most other scooters in terms of panels rattling. I think this is mainly due to the lack of vibration from an engine.

I’ve only had issues with the saree guard rattling. I could remove that, but I tighten and keep it on the vehicle, after an accident where the saree guard and the grab handle took the most impact.

3 Likes