Announcing the Ather 450X!

Just remember, there was a Singapore startup called “Rotimatic”, they launched a fantastic Indian Flat Bread (Roti) making machines, it was a great appliance, though not very quick, but good enough for small family or couples.
They just went on pre-booking, just like Ather, they had a big stack of orders to be fulfilled, investors also queued up, and startup was off with a big bang.
Then came a big constraint, production bottlenecks, pending orders frustrated customers, and then customers started turning away after reading reviews. Obviously, the Indian Roti eaters could not have it when they wanted it, when the really had it, those heavy noise making monsters couldn’t keep up with customer expectations.
Technology is like an F1 car, ride it only if you can take it past 325 on a straight and corner at 150, getting gravitational shocks, do not try touching it, if you are faint hearted.
The innovation is great, and can get you many more happy customers, but again, those customers can’t be kept waiting for long, the same waiting customers could ruin brand reputation.

8 Likes

I remember rotimatic alright! Had shown interest in buying too, then again the waiting went on and the interest was lost and the money spent! On different products and alternate solutions… A lesson to be learnt indeed, both for the startup and the customers.

Why are there no leaks… :laughing:
Forum ppl who are visiting the ather space, please keep your eyes and ears open … we want leaks like mobile

3 Likes

Or they could be hinting at a “Minion mode”

3 Likes

Few weeks must not cross January 2020. Is it not.

The flashing ferris wheel can also be a hint at a celebration mode. @abhishek.balaji might has got his wish approved! Indicators, pilot lamps, headlamps, horn, speakers all going in a harmony…will be nice!

Technically it can…but the teaser video says Jan 2020…so it shouldn’t.

3 Likes

Or just larger wheels… because of the giant wheel reference.

5 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Pre-order Invite Codes

What about surat Gujarat?
Am I the only one who ordered?

1 Like

Guess the real Range of 450X

0 voters

1 Like

found this new design online

1 Like

I believe this was one of their original renders Ather 450.

As per the latest booking number which I could observe in other thread, the ather 450X’s starting booking number was 20000, and now the latest in the forum is 24962… That’s around 5k orders

But when I check the number of people that are assigned ‘pre-ordered the Ather 450X’ it is around 1078.
https://forum.atherenergy.com/g/450X-Pre-Orders

1 Like

I am from North 24 Paraganas in West Bengal. Any idea when I might receive my Ather 450x ?

2 Likes

will ather 450X available for salem?

Yes, true. Not a new design. This was the original render shared by some news media in 2018.

I think 1078 is number of Members, only those who have signed up here in forum.

Hi @abhishek.balaji - I haven’t received the pre-order confirmation email. It was booked on the 7th Jan. when I log-in into the web page it has confirmed that it has been pre-booked. Just checking off I should reach out to the contact centre.

If the dashboard shows that your pre-order is in, that should be enough. Do reach out to customer service for a confirmation. I’ll pass this on to the team and check why the email did not go out. Meanwhile, please check spam/promotions folders to confirm that you have not got the confirmation email.

1 Like