Battery Pack

Both battery and motor heating up is pretty normal. The cooling fan below the seat will kick in once the minimum temperature threshold is crossed. As for the battery, Its “Air Cooled” and there is a constant heat exchange happening as you drive.

Mine survived an unusually hot bangalore summer with no issues.

2 Likes

I heard that if the motor or the battery does get too heated. More than it should. The BMS will handle it by regulating the energy output and the motor performance. So I don’t think it’s a problem.

1 Like

I had a small question.
Riding aggressively heats the battery. And charging does too. While charging our ather v1. 0 switches on the battery cooling fan. Does this fan also switch on while riding or is it just the motor cooling fan?

The v1.0 has a motor fan and charger fan. Charger will kick in only during charging to keep the AC/DC converter circuits cool.

4 Likes

Guys, a word of caution, the motor and disc brakes both can get heated to temperatures that can cause burns. Please do not touch them ever after riding.

10 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Ownership Experience

I had a question why ather is not exploring on detachable battery because if some stays on 1st floor or 3rd floor how they will be able to charge the battery, if a detachable battery is there then he can take to battery to his house and charge.

Hi Madan,

The 450 was designed for urban commute and a detachable battery causes hassles in the experience for most people. The battery pack itself is heavy and hence it would be inconvenient to carry it to your home for charging.

That’s why the Dot is recommended, since it allows you to charge where you park. If that is not possible, you can use the portable charger to use any plug to charge the vehicle.

6 Likes

Gogoro Battery swap scooters - used widely in Taiwan

I was about to post and you just nailed it.

@Ather.Team should look into this, as this kind of approach gives hardcore smackdown to the range anxiety in city !!

The future Ather bikes should definitely have battery swap rather than fixed battery.

This is a really important topic because, if other players starts providing model similar to Gogoro style or battery swap or even if Gogoro steps into India in near future, Ather will definitely go out of market.

1 Like

Ather team,

Any further update on the BMS failure issue?do we have a permanent fix?
Given the low usage of my bike, really wasting lot of battery power as i cant shutdown the bike when i am not using it (frequent shutdowns caused BMS failure earlier).

3 Likes

@abhishek.balaji, please provide an update on the BMS issue fix.

2 Likes

@krishnaprm , @deepakpaul1985

This is what I know on BMS issue.

• Shutdown issue is identified and problem is in BMS circuitry. This cannot be solved with OTA update as it is hardware related.
  • Issue is solved in upcoming 450x.
  • Issue and solution is also identified for current 450. However this is yet to be rolled out.

As of now following are the solution

• Use Shutdown feature only when you are on vacation (meaning, when you do not plan to use for long duration)
  • You may shutdown if the battery SoC is below 60%. It is safe to do so.

We may need to be patient till we hear more. It may happen in phased manner.

1 Like
another reason, just pull out your battery pack if you ran out of charge get in an auto or cab put in your pack-collect replacements and go back simple as that, instead of pushing it forever
3 Likes

Hey guys. Small question. What kind of charging cycles do you guys go through.

• Charge up to 80%
  • Charge up to 60%
  • Charge every night- start the day with 100%
  • Charge when it drops under 25%

0 voters

I’m asking this because I have a small question. My daily usage is about 20-25Km. That takes about 30-35% of my battery. I usually maintain 30-60% SoC. I don’t charge up to 100. Is it better to charge everyday from 30 to 60% or once in 2 days from 20-80/90%? Or does it not make a difference?

Why not frame this a little differently? I’d suggest these options for the poll:

• Charge upto 80%
  • Charge upto 60%
  • Plug it in every/most night
  • Charge when it goes below 20%
5 Likes

My charge cycle used to be from about 30 or 40 to 80 initially, but after I shifted jobs, I do only about 25kms daily. So I charge to only about 60+ or 70% max. I’m usually back home with 30-40%.

It’s better to charge it daily, and keep it within 30-70 considering your usage. Although this won’t make a drastic difference due to the BMS taking care of things, your battery should ideally last longer.

2 Likes

That is actually better. Sadly I can’t change it now :frowning:

You’ll have to forfeit the votes, and basically re-enter the polly, but I think it’ll be worth it to get a good sense of charging patterns.

1 Like

You should had made that as a poll. And you are missing charge upto 100% (as he asked what people does everyday)

1 Like

80 to 90 % also can be added :slight_smile:

1 Like