Ownership Experience

Tooth paste will work…but only temporarily. Get a ceramic coating or PPF to avoid swirls from appearing in the first place. An oleophobic glass coating from any detailing services will also be helpful not only in resisting swirls but also other marks left by water (and salts in water)

You still won’t get any commission. :joy:

2 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:
I’m not interested in commission bro,
My intention was to get one fixed charger to our branch(my work place) so I remember this, on the request of 2 Atherean working in same office. Then ather guy will install one charger right.:love_you_gesture:t3::smirk_cat:

I think accumulated Predicted range is really helpful in the first few months. That’s when you’re getting used to the vehicle and you’re not at your efficient best.

Now, I barely look at predicted range anymore. I shutdown the vehicle to save battery at 60-70% for the 8-10 hours I spend at work and don’t worry about ride stats.
Now, I just know that I’ll get a guaranteed range of 60-70kms on a full charge no matter how I ride.

Predicted range has basically helped me get rid of range anxiety. I would personally like the predicted range to appear on the dashboard too, but it doesn’t bother me much because I know that I’ll get atleast that true range shown on the dashboard.

Don’t worry about people getting 110 range. I did that too for a while, but I’m happy now with my average 80kms of range where I’m not worrying about range and just enjoying the ride.

3 Likes

80kms is pretty good. I lost interest in the projected range long back and infact don’t use ride or eco mode - so projected range is usually in the 65-75km range. I have a portable charger, 3 grid points near work and a good spread of grid points to where I usually travel, so range anxiety is the least of my worries.

3 Likes

5k done! Will be calling support to schedule a service appt Monday.

5 Likes

Hey,

Using toothpaste on the lens housing is not recommended since it’s made of plastic and the toothpaste could cause abrasion on the layer of the hard coating. Please use a microfiber cloth to clean and polish the headlamp.

1 Like

@abhishek.balaji @Ather.Team

Can we put puncture resistant liquid to tyres?
What are all the consequences w.r.t warranty point of view?

Tyres dont carry any warranty.

Instead carry a puncture kit , its quiet handy to carry with a small air pump.

1 Like

Hey @ACS,

Any non-approved modifications to the vehicle or addition of non approved parts/accessories to your vehicle voids warranty.

1 Like

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: Mileage Archives

Since you are in Bengaluru, i think it proactively took into account the stop and go traffic at vydehi junction. :laughing:

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: An 'e-motion’al connect - Hemanth’s Ather 450

I have a question to all of the owners. If you can cover your typical daily commute within 50 km or so, do you guys really care about efficiency or breaking predicted range records? :sweat_smile:

I know it’s hard to have fun while riding in blr traffic. But why would you care so much if you can easily commute your day even in sports?

3 Likes

My daily commute is ~45kms and I always use Sports mode. I enjoy the ride without fear of range or efficiency. While I cover most of my journey in ORR, I always hit a top speed of 80-90 km/h and my ather projected range is still b/w 50-55 km. Hardly used economy mode and am not fan of it.

5 Likes

Way to go!
I never use eco too. Hardly use ride. Sports mode ftw.

1 Like

Hi Guys,

Happy to be pilot for our flight. Today I almost completely 82 km with three different type.
1, battery saving mode (25 km . Ather space => selaiyur)
2, normal driving mode ( 15.4 km . selaiyur => alandur )
3. Beast mode ( 40 km . Alandur => Redhils => Ambattur).

Really enjoyed the rides.
All are good except dashboard brightness in night. Even I set 0% , but still disturbing my focus. May be after some days it will get use to it.!

We need Dark mode in night

9 Likes

Hello everyone, I would like to share my experience of taking home 2 450s.
So from the experience centre, we had to ride around 24.5 kms back home.
Let me first begin with what my dad had to say about the vehicle, and before I do that, it should be known that my dad is shy of 6 feet and is around 100kgs in weight and has been riding bullets for around 35 years now.
When he came home, this is what he said. “this scooter beats a bullet 0-60 hands down”. He further went on to say “I feel a lot more comfortable riding this than the bullet and stated that the ease of driving is unparallel”.

My turn, this vehicle brought about a smile on my face that no other ICE vehicle ever did!

Favourite things about the scooter

• SOUND!
  • Performance
  • almost every other thing!

The scooter looks really stylish from the rear side. I failed to notice this on YouTube videos.

Sport mode is BLISSSSS!!!

Things that are not so good

• The edge around the handlebar area can cut you, no problem! Be careful. I’m planning on putting a small coat of silicone.
  • reverse throttle is little too stiff. I don’t have a problem with it as I workout a lot, but long commutes would pose a problem.
  • Nothing else :grinning:.

Final feeling, if I were given another opportunity by going back in the past to choose whether or not to buy the 450, I’d say I’d buy 3 instead of 2, so that me, my mom and my dad would have the same vehicle!!!

This is the best scooter money can buy in India is what I feel!

31 Likes

Damn. Taking delivery of 2 Athers on the first day itself. It’s like fastest fingers first. :joy: I guess you’re good at a lot of flash sales on Amazon and flipkart :joy::joy:

12 Likes