Maintenance and Service

It’s a fan bearing issue probably. I had the same issue around my 5k Km service. They changed the fan under service/warranty.
Suggest you get it serviced.

1 Like

I just read a lot of posts in this thread about broken panels after servicing. Now I’m afraid. I was thinking of getting my vehicle ceramic coated. Wouldn’t it be a huge loss for me if ather breaks the ceramic coated panels? Would ather provide a refund of the amount I paid for the coating so I can do it again on the new panels? @abhishek.balaji ?

2 Likes

I got low power mode mo17 for the second time day before yesterday after experiencing it 2 months back, called ather cc and he said it’s a bug and shutting down vehicle for 120 seconds and using it after will rectify the issue. Experienced it again yesterday. The vehicle fan would run in full speed at very low speed like 5 10 kmph. Called ather cc and they said they can take the vehicle and get it checked. If they pickup the vehicle for inspection ₹500 is charged for pickup and drop. Is it true? My 450 is just an year old and the issue that I m seeing is an issue with the product itself. One suggestion would be for the product issues itself ather can pick the vehicle and drop free of cost right ? We are ready to pay for any service needed from our end.

2 Likes

I thought Ather was done with the M017 error. But still, if you are not on Ather service pro plan pick up and drop charges are there. If there are no inconveniences then you can drop the 450 yourself and they will look at it.

Can you check if your scooter falls before this number?

No my VIN is greater than 2973.

That’s a different issue you’re referring to.

I had the same issue. They towed it and took it and replaced my wiring harness. ( Warranty) It’s one of these issues

• Wiring harness connection issue - fixed under warranty
  • Rat biting into wires - you’ll have to pay for the replacement
  • Software issue
  • Some sensor over reporting or just not working properly

@toraghavan09 Yours could be a motor temperature sensor malfunction which could be over reporting the temp. Would explain the fan running high speeds while riding slow.

1 Like

How is possible bro rat biting into wires which wires rat biting bro can you tell me…

Check out this post https://forum.atherenergy.com/t/rat-biting-wiring/6745?u=suraj_madhu

Yess bro service cost is very high in ather. pick up and drop is not free bro. They will charge bro pick up the vechical inspection rs 500 it’s too much cost in ather I’m not agree …

True that they have to pickup and drop the vehicle if it is a issue or a defective product when it is new.AFAIK Some owners are having such issues and are being asked if they had service pro to pickup and drop. How ever this is for a new vehicle. But for a vehicle which is 1 year old and when there are multiple other possibilities for the error (taking note not a new vehicle, if new vehicle benefit of doubt goes to product and they have to pick it), this turns out to be or qualifies to be a warranty matter.

Consider we have a mobile or an electronic gadget and that has an issue in 6 months we will not ask them to come pickup the product we go to service centre and raise a ticket and claim warranty.

If we need door pickup for that mobile or gadget mnufacturer gives a beutiful offer to avail that service while purchasing only ( similar to service pro), if we buy that we will get door step service. But definitely for new vehicles that has to be done as it is a new vehicle irrespective of having a plan which some are not getting.

In your case there are multiple possibilities for the issue and as it is 1year old now you are claming warranty (if mnufacturing or sensor fault) of something like rat bite then no warranty.

1 Like

Hi bro if any possible put any board under the Scooter for avoid rat biting damaging the wires… Why Ather is not covered under the Scooter bro any idea …

Agree to your point completely. :v:t2:

3 Likes

Hey Im not sure about this but in case you’re not on a service subscription. I think RSA is covered anyway? Or at least in lite. That’s how I sent my scooter, through RSA. They towed it and dropped it off at ather ibc.

1 Like

Since I was experiencing Mo17 error on day to day booked service for my vehicle. Ather technicians picked the vehicle up and now the vehicle is in ather lab at Koramangala. I could see the current location of my scooter which is in Koramangala but the ride statistics are not synced. Ather service personal drove my vehicle and why the ride statistics are not synced? @abhishek.balaji can you please shed some light on this? Do you guys want to cover the ride efficiency of service team because they just zoom with the vehicle?

Yep, they put it in a ‘service mode’ so your projected range and ride stats are not affected.

1 Like

How will i get to know sir with what efficiency the ather service person drove? Because I have seen instances in the forum where people have reported inappropriate way of throttling ( meaning high wh/km) the vehicle by service people.

@abhishek.balaji - Is there a log of what customer complained and what was done during a service. Customers should be able to see it before and after the service. The service person who is going to attend also should see the same version.

For example: In the initial months, my seat was perfect without any tuk tuk sound when going over speed humps. After it was taken for a minor problem (I don’t remember), the seat started making sound without sitting plush like earlier (till now).

But, 2-3 attempts were made to fix it, but none of them worked… During one of the owners meet, when I raised it along with others, I was told that few owners are facing this and there will be a solution soon.

Every time some one comes for service (like Horn not working, Dashboard replacement, Display Firmware Upgrade etc), I will mention it… and it never got fixed. Service guy will advice me to take care during 5k.

I was fed up of complaining again. Because, it is not deal-breaker, I left it to next time. But, at one point, it was actually frustrating.

A proactive service was done at the end of 1 year. As usual, I mentioned it and it never got fixed.

In fact, for Display Firmware upgrade - inspite of me explaining everything on-call to 2 persons before booking service, the person who visited had no idea and he just reset the firmware. Finally, it required 3 visits to fix it.

I feel, the service log should clear the mis-understanding of what customer has complaint, what has been passed on to service team, what has been rectified, what has been postponed.

2 Likes

I’ve found a way around this
Charge your scooter to a certain % just enough to get the Ather pick up guy to reach the service Centre. For me I leave it At about 30% charge and the service Centre is 12-14 Km from my house. Forces him to ride efficiently :joy:

4 Likes

I thought of doing this but if he gets stuck some where before reaching the ather lab it’s again a delay in service and also a delay in vehicle getting returned to us. This should not be the case. Ather should mention it to their service people to take care of how they drive. I guess the service mode is specifically introduced for such instances where people report the improper or inefficient driving pattern by service team.