Ather Dot, the new home charging pod

Hardware upgrade is fine but Ather should had kept the white glossy design intact, it was really an awesome sight in the house rather than this odd looking black charger pod.

At least Ather could had given an option to choose between White old design & present Ather dot design.

3 Likes

The light in the old charger is too bright and intrusive for me, the dot is sleek and less attention grabbing with it’s small light and smaller design. So, it is really a matter of taste… I only wish that the new Dot had magnetic clamps to hold the plug in place…

10 Likes

yes the white old design was good in look wise and also it charges faster when comapared to the DOT charger.

3 Likes

First of all I would like to know the difference between the DOT Charger and the new Ver.2 portable charger.
If the size, weight and appearance is the only difference and both are same in the aspect of performance then its better one can go with the new portable charger instead of DOT.
No installion charges:wink:. No Space occupied at our place:wink:. Can be carried and charged anywhere(proper earthing must).

1 Like

Yaa, but it’s a better experience having a fixed charger at home

2 Likes

Update on Dot installation charges in Bengaluru!

8 Likes

Thanks you very much

Hi. My DOT installation was completed today. I have a question. The small green LED light remained turned on. The technician said that it will always be on and there is no option to turn it off. Is this the case? Does it mean that the power supply to DOT is always on 365 days even when I my vehicle is not connected?

This is correct.

• Solid Green light - On
  • Blinking Green light - Charging
  • Red - Error
6 Likes

hey @abhishek.balaji, can you also send the functionality of the red and yellow buttons outside the charger. The technician was saying to reset it every 15 days. Not sure what it means though !

1 Like

That’s the PRCD - Portable Residual Current Device, which is to protect you from a shock if the charger malfunctions due to any manufacturing defects.

The red button is the Reset button. It is to be used if the charger trips.

The yellow button is the Test button, to check if the PRCD is working.

It is recommended to check the PRCD once a month. To check, you’ll need to press the test button. If the power cuts off to the Dot, it’s working correctly. Press the reset button again to restore the Dot after testing.

This info is also available in the user manual for the Dot.

9 Likes

Where Do i get the user manual for the DOT? Will it be provided with the vehicle? Because I did not get it with DOT installation.

Will share a link soon, getting the manual hosted.

2 Likes

@abhishek.balaji Please share the dot installation manual link… I have a meeting setup with my apartment association members tomorrow…
The manual will be of some help…
Thanks

If you don’t press the reset (red) button again, the Dot will remain off. Is my understanding right ?

PS : I am yet to get delivery and only the Dot has been setup

Hey guys,

It’s been couple days since i got the bike. And as most people do, i only charge overnight.
I typically use around 50% battery in one day and come back home and plug it for charging.

It takes around 2 hrs to get it to 100%. But even after it reaches 100% the app still says charging. I checked 2 hrs after plugging. It was 100% and charging. I thought it’ll stop after sometime and just ignored it.

Woke up in the morning and checked again, it’s still 100% and charging.

Can anyone explain what’s going on ? Is the auto cut off not working

2 Likes

This is normal and expected. The point goes into trickle charging mode after a threshold SoC.

3 Likes

^ What he said, you can read more here:

2 Likes

That’s correct, it’ll cut off power to the Dot.

Got it, thank you very much