Ather Dot, the new home charging pod

hey @abhishek.balaji, can you also send the functionality of the red and yellow buttons outside the charger. The technician was saying to reset it every 15 days. Not sure what it means though !

1 Like

That’s the PRCD - Portable Residual Current Device, which is to protect you from a shock if the charger malfunctions due to any manufacturing defects.

The red button is the Reset button. It is to be used if the charger trips.

The yellow button is the Test button, to check if the PRCD is working.

It is recommended to check the PRCD once a month. To check, you’ll need to press the test button. If the power cuts off to the Dot, it’s working correctly. Press the reset button again to restore the Dot after testing.

This info is also available in the user manual for the Dot.

9 Likes

Where Do i get the user manual for the DOT? Will it be provided with the vehicle? Because I did not get it with DOT installation.

Will share a link soon, getting the manual hosted.

2 Likes

@abhishek.balaji Please share the dot installation manual link… I have a meeting setup with my apartment association members tomorrow…
The manual will be of some help…
Thanks

If you don’t press the reset (red) button again, the Dot will remain off. Is my understanding right ?

PS : I am yet to get delivery and only the Dot has been setup

Hey guys,

It’s been couple days since i got the bike. And as most people do, i only charge overnight.
I typically use around 50% battery in one day and come back home and plug it for charging.

It takes around 2 hrs to get it to 100%. But even after it reaches 100% the app still says charging. I checked 2 hrs after plugging. It was 100% and charging. I thought it’ll stop after sometime and just ignored it.

Woke up in the morning and checked again, it’s still 100% and charging.

Can anyone explain what’s going on ? Is the auto cut off not working

2 Likes

This is normal and expected. The point goes into trickle charging mode after a threshold SoC.

3 Likes

^ What he said, you can read more here:

2 Likes

That’s correct, it’ll cut off power to the Dot.

Got it, thank you very much

Hi @abhishek.balaji, Is there any feature to stop charging at 90% or some user defined percentage as I understand that for better battery life we should avoid completely draining the battery or fully charging it.

This feature is not available currently.

You can check out discussions on this here:

https://forum.atherenergy.com/t/battery-soc-indicator/2902/28?u=abhishek.balaji

my charging point showing yellow light while connect What could be the issue?? Not able to charge!! First Day today!

2 Likes

Hi @Ather.Team, @abhishek.balaji,
Is it possible to get a longer cable at the plug end of the DOT?? My house is on 1st floor. For charging I have to drop the cable down to ground floor parking.
If yes and If it has to be ordered and paid for (for extra length of cable) please let me know so that I can put a request for same.
Roughly, I will need 8 meters of cable from to Dot to charging plug.
Request reply ASAP!

The cable length from the Dot to the scooter is fixed, but you can add cabling from the Dot to a 3 pin plug. Take a look at this one, you can have the Dot with a 3 pin plug and then extend it to reach your home.

A solid amber light on the Dot means that the Dot’s software is being upgraded. The Dot needs to be connected to the scooter for the software upgrade. If it doesnt turn green after some time, you should reach out to customer care to have it checked.

2 Likes

@abhishek.balaji hai nice to meet you in the morning on the road! :wink: .

Actually I connected to the scooter last night after reaching home from ather space center and waited for 15-30 min but not seen any progress. again today early morning i tried same no progress. can you see any update on the same right now.? right now i am depend on public charging!! please help me before reaching to home.

1 Like

Reach out to customer support please. The update process should take around 5-10 mins.

Ok i will try evening

Now working fine :smile:

2 Likes