Ather 450X Discussions

I’m pretty sure that the exit plan part wasn’t mentioned before. It seems like they’re updating the website and I guess I’ll give them a week’s time to clarify and fix all the loopholes before I think about pre-order.

4 Likes

Yes, this I also agree.

C’mon @tarun you could have done better than this Holy mess! Just tell a price without any subscription plan. So that I can put my sim or just connect my mobile while riding to sync. So that I don’t need to pay Ather whether my scooter is still standing idle at home or getting used.

What a great manmade disaster to clean up.

8 Likes

Hey @abhishek.balaji
I had pre-ordered 450 and 450X as well.
July delivery is too late for me, I wanted it earlier for some requirements.
I think I have to go ahead with 450 as of now even when I actually want the 450X.

So I wanted to know from you that is it okay for me to go ahead with the 450 even when I want the 450X, with the hope that there will be some sort of upgrade / swap scheme for 450 to 450X?

2 Likes

TVS and Bajaj would be more angry and disappointed than us they unnecessarily reduced the price :smile:

Being a Ather follower and fan and owner, i know it’s a bad joke, but we can’t hide from facts :slight_smile:

7 Likes

To analysis of today’s forum comments they need to hire new set of staff. As of now they are proved that they can’t keep up their timeline properly from delivery to today’s unveiling. To rollback they have consult Tim Cook.

4 Likes

Got to know at a separate review, there are voice commands too

1 Like

Oh that’s what that hole is all about, it’s a mic!

1 Like

Hmm looks better in daylight, However Ather ruined the pricing , What are your views Hemanth ? As you own 450 do you see any reason good enough to justify this new price and subscription???

IMHO range is just increased by 10kms , Am still feeling disgusting about the way they priced a good product to fail miserably.

1 Like

As the pricing in not convincing Ather must prepare calculator to understand what customer is paying and what Ather is giving. Like a EMI calculator that we find in all. banking websites.

But Ather make slow productivity till u fix proper pricing. People not interest in spending high for upcoming EVs. What happens when company unable to stay afloat on pressure if company closes after filing bankruptcy.

3 Likes

Went through Tesla club India’s interview and it’s very clear that Ather’s future plans are only focused on premium high end performance scooters.

You guys should have discontinued 450 if there were lack of bookings… Just like 340. Just remember customers rejected 340 but you have kept customers sentiment aside while announcing this decision today.

You guys are gearing up to manufacture and sell 1.3L 450X from your 2 plants annually. I don’t even see even 50,000 customers willing to pay 1.6 L for a scooter. Those who can afford a 1.5L + scooter can also afford liters of petrol which fuels Duke’s and dominators. Ather’s job was to make common folks swith to electric. Your product out of nowhere pushed Bajaj and TVS to launch their own platform. You guys were supposed to be torch bearers of this revolution. It’s a sad day for EV scene in India.

17 Likes

I don’t think they are discontinuing the 450. Or are they? The option to pre-book 450 is stillon the website.

1 Like

By this time next year this market will be flooded with Chinese scooters. Think wisely Ather, you’re nailing your own coffin here if you think you will survive with premium badge.
Even Apple lost in this space in India & had to bring the prices down to convince the Indian buyers.
This is India guys, India. Not US.
Value of money is the key to survive here, there’s a reason OnePlus & Xiaomi is doing better than Apple & samsung in this country.

9 Likes

No need of 50k coustomers 10k coustomers to enough for expanding their product…it’s only premium not performance one it’s limited range… As per my knowledge they will manage company up to 2024…within that IC engine makers enters in to EV segment…so difficult to manage…

Not immediately, but they have confirmed that they’ll be winding down the sales in a few months. See this thread.

Gone through major media reviews like autocar motoroctane power drifts etc No one is talking about affordability and the cost breakup or tco, Everyone is just telling about the pro and plus plans without even hinting ather connect charge and ather one on top of the pro and plus that’s ridiculous . All biased reviews ather seems to spend well to get positive reviews…

3 Likes

Watch economic Times video. 1699 and 1999 includes Ather one charges.
Later they may come with few more plans.

If by few months they mean when they get a reasonable product(like the 450) or fix the pricing of 450x then it makes sense else…

1 Like

NO they don’t.
Ather team confirmed it here.
It would have been miles better if it was like that.
Right now Ather is just milking the customer.
Monthly subscription, yearly subscription all these for riding a damn scooter

1 Like

For the first time highly disappointed by Ather, all these days I was in assumption that 450x will have at least 120 km true range, top speed of 100 to 120, speed of 0 to 60 in 5 secs, Abs and several color options at a reasonable price but all the thoughts gone in vain, really hope TVS would launch TVS Creon and that would be my next buy definitely not 450x. This became like Salman Khan’s movies only hype no real content.

4 Likes