Ather 450X Discussions

20% for 50k kms is what they said

I just read a article from autocar about 450x

BlockquoteThe 450X can also be purchased without the subscription plan for Rs 1.49 lakh (for the Plus) and Rs 1.59 lakh for the Pro. All prices, ex-showroom Bengaluru. This doesn’t include the cost of the Ather connect pack that’s needed for OTA updates. Also, buying upfront doesn’t give you access to the free fast charging Ather Grid network. Subscription guarantees OTA updates, fast charging network, unlimited battery warranty (3 years without subscription).> Blockquote

But it won’t stop me to cancel my preorder. If you guys don’t want, then add basic features like ABS etc! Then I’ll think about it

1 Like

Some truly great feedback from customers in this thread, and I share the collective disappointment about today’s announcement.

The new pricing model isn’t just confusing, it’s also very expensive for most prospective buyers. It’s sad to see that Ather is discontinuing sales of the 450 and focusing on the 450X, because the 450 would’ve been a fantastic product to target the newer cities. I don’t think launching in new cities with EVs that costs almost 2L with the subscription model or 1.7L with the outright model (considering three-year standard ownership & warranty) is going to do any good. And considering how much the EV market is heating up, most of the technology and specs of today will be obsolete in 3 years quite easily.

Having pre-ordered the 450X, I’ll wait to see what @Ather.Team announces in the Collector’s Edition. I’m confident that I’ll very likely cancel the pre-order by next week.

In the end, I truly hope Ather stops being misguided by whoever sold them this pricing model idea. India is a big market for EVs of the future, and this is not the kind of start the new cities deserve.

9 Likes

I missed this.

What is this exit plan ??

I’ll wait and see what the upgrade plans for normal/lease customers look like, and then decide what to do with my pre-order. But in all likelihood, it looks like I’ll end up canceling too.

3 Likes

3 year warranty will cover if the battery efficiency goes < 70%

And Tarun and Ather during multiple interactions has given confidence that Lithium ion battery usually lasts much long and we can expect 60% capacity even after 5 years. So most of the users doesn’t need to change battery and we should not worry much about battery replacement cost.

I hope that’s true and that’s why other manufacturers in 2 wheeler and 4 wheeler industry are generous in warranty.

In that case, infinite warranty is not much useful as depicted… May be for a small percentage of users who always want to replace battery every 3-4 years, but for others it’s not a great deal.

3 Likes

Oooh, interesting. I missed that too.

I’m kinda glad they’re considering some exit options, but they must announce them early. And mandating a minimum of 4 years is quite the requirement.

Subscription Model = 99,000 + (20,000 x 4) + (8400 x 4) = ₹2,12,600 (+ Exit Options cost)

Outright Model = 1,59,000 + (3000 x 4) + (8400 x 4) = ₹2,04,600 (4th year without warranty)

I hope it is something like option for a battery switch and then terminate the infinity battery warranty plan.
Well even then one would have paid ~30k more but considering a battery costs that much we can say it’s fair
Hope it is something like this

1 Like

That would only be scooter rentals and a possible handful.

These plans are good for commercial players but not for us.

Still the question remains do i need to spend 2+ lacs on a scooter ?? If yes then why??

Opt for Activa or Ntorq 90k ride it like crazy consider 2k of fuel every month for 4 year its still 20k cheaper , I hardly see any oem scooter requiring a lot of maintenance atleast for 3-4 yrs , Ather pricing just flies away from breakpoint… Whoever within Ather has planned this pricing must be made to read all comments may be he/she needs to revise his/her MBA …

8 Likes

Didn’t get what the 3000*4 is for, if it’s for ather connect, shouldn’t it be covered on ather one plan?! So many unanswered questions.

I think they should have the scooter launch at 99k with plans coming into picture after 3 yrs after warrenty is over.

4 Likes

True. This would’ve been the ideal scenario and people would’ve jumped onto the pre-orders.

3 Likes

That would have been a show stealer! Imagine the state of the forum then!

3 Likes

Strange marketting. Plans and confusing prices.
For pro plan i ll be paying 2000/- every month even if i ride 10 kms in a month or 10000 km in month looks like ather is selling commercial plan to consumer. These plans will definitely work best with Domino’s and alike agencies 30 min. Or free :slight_smile:
And if i keep the 450x for 5 years roughly i would have paid enough amount to buy another 450x upfront :cold_face:
And if i buy 450x upfront, i DO NOT GET infinite warranty / ather grid subscription (unclear)
And, most importantly in Delhi, Delhi govt. Pays 5k / kw batttery as subsidy in terms of 450x it translates to 14,500 and fame II subsidy ~29k as per a post on forum so that basically means 99k-43.5k or 150-43.5k (as per my calculations) but the website depicts something else…

PLEASE HELP ME I WILL BE TRAVELLING 15KM at max what should i do.

3 Likes

Buy ather 450 or Bajaj ev…

It’s a disappointing day today… now i am thinking Chetak is better, its at decent price and most of the components are developed by Bosch… hence trust on quality and reliable.
If Ather don’t keeps the pricing competitive it can’t be in market,looking at the current economic situation its really challenging for everyone to invest so much on 2 wheeler

4 Likes

This is the whole point… I think it is the concern for everyone. Prices are way too high with 450x Release.
I can’t say how chetak and tvs would perform but ather 450 is good when I did test ride but i have a limit to my pocket.

I think pricing is inclusive of fame 2 subsidies.not totally sure though.

2 Likes

Just look at what TATA did. Subscription plan and leasing option with no down payment.

6 Likes