Announcing the Ather 450X!

Where is 450x and when will it be delivered? When delivery starts in mumbai, can payment gateway open in July and delivery also??

Man! Only one more Q to reach Q4 and own the 450x! As much broke as excited! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Don’t get too excited, you’d get disappointed later

2 Likes

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Order Swapping

Yo! Do you still have your Collector’s Edition to giveaway? I’d be interested!

yes pls check your message

will the 450x get a bigger tyre option with more performance? And when will ather officially tell the sizes of the bigger tyre…

1 Like

Collector’s Edition Ather 450X - Announcement To Unveil :star_struck:

To: Saturday, 26 September 2020, 11:00:00

• 8 months, 18 days, 20 hours, 30 minutes
  • 262 days, 20 hours, 30 minutes
  • 22,710,600 seconds
  • 378,510 minutes
  • 6308 hours
  • 37 weeks
  • 71.82% of 2020

In spite of all the delay, the secret is well maintained :grinning: that’s the highlight.
The suspense is more after the clues released by @abhishek.balaji.
Iam sure @Ather.Team will never miss an opportunity to surprise us.
The excitement level is really high and this should again be definitely worth the wait. :call_me_hand:t2:

25 Likes

I

I just realised that you told us that details about the Ather upgrade program will be out in a few weeks in Jan. It’s been over 40 weeks ( 10 months) and yet all we know is that Ather will do a check on our 450 and give us a health report. But no actual details about a clear upgrade program :neutral_face:

3 Likes

Also i doubt half the people who booked will be able to spend close to 1.7L for the 450x and later sell the 450. I know I can’t. I’ll probably end up taking a loan even if I’m only paying the difference :confused:

3 Likes

I’m not sure I’d say half :see_no_evil: It’ll be interesting to see how many actually upgrade ( sell and buy the 450X)

2 Likes

I dont think it makes any financial sense to upgrade unless it was with the battery subscription model, even for which a 450 owner will have to shell out close to 20k - 30k more(depends on whether you claim the FAME subsidy again or not), and then pay the monthly subscription fee of about 2k.

3 Likes

Selling a 450x:

We are going to get the same value as sold thru OLX. I am pretty sure we can’t get a better value unless Ather is going to give some exchange bonus.

Ather initially promised some attractive upgrade offers for existing owners. From what I understood so far, Ather is going to help the process seamless. I did not see any hint of exchange bonus or anything which is going to increase the sale value of 450.

@abhishek.balaji - Is there any surprise yet to be revealed about this?

1 Like

Not being pedantic here hopefully, but owing to how rapidly battery technology and life are both increasing, I was always under the impression that there is MORE financial sense on the long run in going for full upfront payment than a subscription model (wherein eventually you’ll end up paying more than the one-time payment). I felt the only ones who will be compelled to go for subscription are those who are not comfortable with paying (or unable to pay) the full amount in one go…

Let me know if I am missing something here :slight_smile:

P.S.: Yes, I own a 450 already!

4 Likes

True for most people

There are sites which rent out smartphones and home appliances. It is surely going to very expensive than buying outright, if you are going to own them for a longer period.

But, if you are going to own for a shorter period either because you move to different locations or you keep upgrading to latest versions, renting / leasing is going to be hassle free.

Similarly, for most riders whose average daily ride is < 30-40 kms and planning to keep the vehicle for 4 years minimum, buying outright (even thru loan) is going to be better.

However, if your average distance is very high and worried about range / battery degradation, your chance of battery replacement may be faster than others. Or, if you are going to upgrade to Ather 450X, Y or Z, buying thru lease / subscription will be hassle free and slightly cheaper.

1 Like

That’s what I thought too, but then I have seen discussions on the forum wherein people on lease are now saying it is not going to work out for them:

But having said that, yes, I guess end of the day, financial feasibility of Ather’s schemes will completely depend on individual usage and preferences, and it will be difficult to brand one scheme as making more financial sense than the other :sweat_smile:

1 Like

All these maths and logics are irrelevant until Ather comes up with their numbers and finance details.

I don’t think they are interested in releasing these numbers soon as this is something which they should have worked before instead of just 3-4 weeks before deliveries.

Also for “Subscription” guys, it would be more costly than EMI at the end of the tenure for sure.

And the connectivity charges are included in 2k which you’re paying monthly. So you’re only paying around 1500₹ out of your 2000₹ per month for the battery as an EMI. Also as per my thinking the exit charges will be big. Don’t expect anything near 2-3k.

So ultimately you’ll be paying a significant amount.

If you can buy it upfront that’s going to be the cheapest way if you plan to keep 450x for 5-6 years.

5 Likes

Buying upfront will be sensible, as you can choose not to pay for anything more, at all. Rest costs are optional although recommended, like for the OTA updates and Ather Grid charging. For less usage, and long term owners, buying upfront will make sense, I reckon too. Im considering the same now.

2 Likes

Yes untill there is an announcement and clarity from Ather’s side it is irrilevant. Because right now we donot know

1. What are the exit plans we have if we want to own the batter at later stage.
  2. What is the minimum lockin period for this subscription model
  3. What are the exit plans if we want to sell the vehicle because we own the vehicle but not battery.

So there should be a clear stategy put out there from Ather for us to understand.

I would love it if Ather can prove me wrong, but I have never to date seen a business model where the TCO through subscription ends up being lesser than upfront payment if you are planning to stick with the product for a normal assumed duration. What we should not forget is no matter how receptive Ather is to its customers’ needs, it is a startup business trying to find a path to profitability after all, and therefore has no reason to go against the basic tenets of Time Value of Money.

3 Likes