Announcing the Ather 450X!

Which you can’t if you buy the scooter scooter as a full purchase.

1 Like

Let’s ask the questions and find out tomorrow.

1 Like

Ather is applying Economics 101 in this scenario. They could not produce the vehicle to the current demand in the market. Hence, they increase the price to decrease demand, thereby, with same operational costs, they get higher profits.

I feel once they set-up their new plant and start to achieve economies of scale, they cost will go down ( again, to increase demand to meet their plant capacity).

But, I still wish their scooters are priced little affordable.

6 Likes

Exactly why the full buyout for Plus seems redundant :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

If they keep it affordable now, they’ll be under loss until the Hosur plant starts churning out the Xs (they’ll take a while to get to having a net profit though). It’s not only Ather who gets a final word on pricing, investors do influence the prices a bit.

2 Likes

Hi
I am from Hubli and have pre-ordered the Ather 450x. What about service and whether I will actually get delivery at Hubli.

Hubli is not in the list of upcoming cities and it is not in the serviceable area of Ather. So you’ll not get delivery or service in Hubli. You can take the scooter in Bengaluru and take it to Hubli if you are willing to take that risk. Like some of the owners who have it in Dharward, Shivamogga, it’s left to you. For service, you’ve to get it to Bengaluru

Any idea, what’s the current orders pipeline on 450x ? Prebooked , cancelled and actual booking still ON ?

Whether we get chance to have test drive of 450x during open house session @chennai this sunday?
@abhishek.balaji @ather.team

Hi, you will get a chance to check out the 450X up close and get to know more about its smart features. Test drives will happen later in the coming days.

1 Like

@abhishek.balaji , Why is the green coloured model’s under the seat and suspension color different from the ather side logo and the wheels?

The other 2 colour options have matching colors.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: 450X Collectors Edition

Looks like I missed responding to this. It’s about the contrast in colors, adding orange to the exposed frame part and the suspension would take the contrast away from the green.

6 Likes

@abhishek.balaji @Ather.Team are you considering to revise your prices given the outbreak of covid and slow down. Things are real tuff everywhere, the subscription plans as well. Pls discuss internally and let everyone.

2 Likes

Hi Lokesh,

There’s no change in the pricing for the 450X and the subscription plans.

@abhishek.balaji , there is no news of 450x inside out theme any updates ?and also roll out plan for 450x?

2 Likes

Forget about revising prices… they have doubled the price of Portable charger to almost 10 k… very bad business practice where you make charging point proprietary & penalize customers by doubling the price of important accessories… leaving customers with no options left

5 Likes

@Ather.Team, I guess in cities like Bangalore it may be ok without portable charger since charging options are already established within 5 km range. Once you start delivery in next set of cities like Cochin, Koyampuththoor etc, I assume portable charger is an essential. My suggestion would be to provide an option for the customer to choose from Ather dot or Portable charger.

2 Likes

Hi, I would like give away my collector’s edition. Kindly let me know if anyone needs it

2 Likes

From what we’ve seen in Bengaluru and Chennai, grid will be in place before scooters are delivered to the first customer in that city. How many and will that be sufficient is another matter for discussion. But with cost/prices of the Dot and the Dash(portable charger) almost same, I agree with you that the customer should be able to choose between the two.

2 Likes