450X: Product/Technical discussions

Don’t worry… Ather is using premium quality cells… Otherwise they won’t be able to offer warranties like this xD

2 Likes

Correct! If non premium cells are used, the pack will die fast

3 Likes

How easy or tough is it for a moderately built saree clad lady of 50 years to get on to the pillion seat?

2 Likes

Not recomended one side sitting pillion. (Typical saree wear wife or mother you need to think different vehicle)

3 Likes

I specifically posted my query in Other Things category so that it is visible. This query is important for the semi senior age enthusiasts as well. I dont think that its correct to bury the query into 450X: Product/Technical Discussions. Make it visible so that more people will comment and discuss. Its a suggestion and I feel there is nothing to hide. Thanks.

3 Likes

Not burying anything :slight_smile: Moved it here, so more people would see it and share their experience

2 Likes

I feel its not visible Sir. Anyway, its your choice.

I understand subscription mode is to give the ownership of battery to Ather so that they will take care of degradation. And the Pro charges are higher due to better performance that affects the battery.
But why is the Bluetooth features limited to Pro alone? What does BT have to do with the performance?
Can anyone shed light on this, please? @abhishek.balaji @Ather.Team

4 Likes

@abhishek.balaji said this on the AMA yesterday

You’re right, we do have the same hardware, but we’re taking a loss on the Plus variant. If enough people express interest in the Plus variant, we’ll consider making different hardware variants later on. It basically boils down to being able to offer two variants with different features.

you’ll have the hardware but won’t get to use it. It’s not just about turning on the hardware and letting users access it, but enabling a host of smart features like Welcome Lights, Access to calls, music, access to smart accessories like the TPMS, and smart helmets etc, which require Bluetooth to be enabled. To avoid more confusion around the plans and to make a clear differentiation, the Bluetooth has been disabled on the Plus variant. This is extremely common in the auto industry as well, where the hardware is similar, but software is tuned to enable different variants.

2 Likes

I appreciate the openness of @ather.team here. Most companies will bulk manufacture the same part and disable features to sell them as totally different products at various prices. They never publish such info and we only know from the hacker community (eg intel chips). Now that Ather has openly published (even advertised) this, they get to hear all sorts of complaints.

4 Likes

I get it. Bringing down the cost for Plus works only for upfront paying… USP of subscription mode is that I can change the it when I want. So, the hardware can’t be removed in this business model.
What if I am happy with performance of “Plus” and want to use the smart features?
Honestly, I feel there should be an option to get these features along with Plus on the subscription mode… let’s say I go for subscription mode and keep using it as Plus; when I exit the subscription, I don’t think the hardware will be removed…

2 Likes

@abishek.balaji, appreciate your patience; you have got a lot of it :slight_smile: Could you also help me understand with my query above? I am a light user, but I know the smart features would be very useful… So will there be a middle ground for users like me?

1 Like

The upfront cost of the 450X Plus or Pro will remain the same. However, we’re evaluating if a higher upfront cost + lower monthly subscription would make sense for some light users. We’ll keep you posted.

7 Likes

In the mail received from Ather today, battery cost is mentioned as 75k. However the cost is much lesser as per the marketLi-ion-Cost

5 Likes

Although I personally didn’t like the Green/White Ather 450x, It reminded me of the Blu Glauco colour option of the Aventador :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I’m guessing the battery cost also includes the cost of the bms. A good quality bms can be around 5-10k.
But 75k seems still expensive.
The battery costs will keep decreasing… So I it might come down by the time we need to get it replaced.

1 Like

Brake lock on 450x? It will become harder otherwise to park on a slope with just the side stand. It will be just a clamp on either of the brake

3 Likes

@abhishek.balaji will the 450x and the to be upgraded 450 4g module support carrier aggregation?:grimacing:

2 Likes

Guys just a thought appeared
Maybe it is a bit late but i just got to know some thing on atherenergy.com
WE ALL KNOW THAT ATHER 450 HAS A TORQUE OF 20.5nm AND IT GOES FROM 0-40 IN 3.9 SECONDS
NOW WHEN @Ather.Team HAS LAUNCHED 450X PLUS PLAN THE SCOOTER REQUIRES A TORQUE OF 22nm TO GO FROM 0-40 IN 3.9 SECONDS.
UNBELIEVABLE @Ather.Team
SO ALL I CONCLUDE FROM THIS IS @Ather.Team IS MAKING US A FOOL.

2 Likes

If you don’t like 450x plus then don’t buy it. Ather team isn’t making a fool out of anyone. Even I felt betrayed at the beginning, but their transparency of the facts and the issues faced with 450 has been explained. All our questions were also answered. If you don’t like 450x plus don’t buy it go for 450x pro or if you want you can still buy the 450.

4 Likes