Discussions on pricing and subscriptions

99K is okay, but 2K/month will only beneficial for who ride near 50km daily

1 Like

Not really, It’s actually beneficial for those who can’t care less to keep the charge level between the 20-80%, who want to use the fast charging Ather Grid every time and don’t have much control of where they park, especially if it’s in a wide parking lot in the hot sun every day. Then, maybe, just maybe, the battery will degrade to less than 80% in 2-3 years, and you can get a free replacement.

If you buy the scooter + battery, you get 3 years warranty on the battery even if you do 50kms per day.

But, trust me, if you buy an Ather, you’ll want to take really good care of it! :joy: so what I personally find more sensible is to buy the scooter as a whole. There’s barely anyone who’s noticed a reduction in range in the past 9-12 months of ownership. Also, this is the older battery. I’m sure the new battery they’ve used in the X is more durable.

5 Likes

Thats true, me also not interested in the blind subscription plans.
But Im confused about the overall expense with similar or high peformance ICE vehicle.
Ref : https://forum.atherenergy.com/t/discussions-on-pricing-and-subscriptions/5281/59

Agreed. But then, you should ask yourself if you really want it. The 450 gives you an experience that makes your vehicle almost like a gadget and less of a commute. I know it sounds stupid and naive, but I actually look forward to riding the 450 whenever I can. It’s just so much fun to ride! The ability to zoom so fast and put all the other vehicles to shame, being different from the rest of the vehicles on the road and looking damn cool, hence grabbing eyeballs, stopping at a signal and hearing words like ‘electric’ and ‘battery gaadi’ in conversation. Riding a little extra on a trip like 20-30+ Kms and not having a backache or feeling sore because the suspension is so good. The ease of putting my large helmet in the boot space so I don’t have to carry it along everywhere I go. So many other smaller advantages like this that make your life easier. And you’re doing all this on clean fuel!

6 Likes

Yes, I too like to have the different or the 450 experience.
But I dont know how many times or how much it is enjoyable in the city traffic :triumph:
In the end of day when counting how much you spend for this also matters.
Even 450 (not x) is also premium vehicle it is okay with its plan and cost.
With 450x it is going out of limit for scooter, whatever its called premium or out of world, what we getting is similar to ICE vehicle with very few advantages as clean fuel and better pickup.

Hey… Check this out
This may be more sensible if it happens.

https://forum.atherenergy.com/t/450x-product-technical-discussions/5401/36?u=sumanth1998

1 Like

Dont have big hope, as they said they are selling 450 itself in loss.
Anyways wishing no increase in upfront and have subscription plan based on km you ride.
Current 2k for daily 50 x 30 = 1500 km/unlimited in month and new ones below 1k for daily 20 x 30 = 600 km, and option to purchase daily pack under Rs50 if they want more

1 Like

Also keep in mind lithium battery prices will keep reducing every year. So once again replacing battery will become cheaper and cheaper compared to subscription plans

3 Likes

That would definitely be better or they can make it like pay 2k for 1500 km and once you ride 1500 km… You pay again 2k again for the next 1500km. This way you don’t have to worry about going on vacation or not using the scooter for a while. No snooze mode. No worries. Again 2k for 1500km is comparable or even a little cheaper than petrol. We can opt for ather connect/charge/service/one on top of this.

3 Likes

@abhishek.balaji

my monthly expenses for a petrol bike 1380rs & for diesel car 3450rs
planned to switch 450x to cut down the monthly cost!!
without monthly expenses is tht possible to ride an 450x??
(rather than payin electric bill)

Yes of course, there are two ways to own the 450X. You can buy it upfront, if you don’t want to incur the monthly subscription cost:

Hey folks,

We’ve shared an update on the things we missed explaining during the launch of Ather 450X. Do check out Tarun’s take:

https://forum.atherenergy.com/t/internal-updates/290/44

1 Like

Happened to read this:

But we missed explaining two things:

1. Ather 450 is not discontinued and will be sold as Ather 450X + (yes, it even gets a longer name now)
  2. That we were increasing the price for Ather 450

Point no. 2 above: Does it mean that you are increasing the price of Ather 450 (pre-booked before 28th January) now? lets have clarity on the point.

1 Like

No. Point 2 ties in with Point 1.

Thanks for the clarification.

Is it wiser to go for the 450 with the ather one subscription
Or
The 450X with the pro subscription plan?
What are the benefits of paying for the 450X upfront?

1 Like

It’s ‘wiser’ to go with the 450x pro purchase upfront ~1.7L. It will have support and updates for a long long time. The battery is a big plus, because it’s new and most EV manufacturers will shift to that kind of battery in future. If Ather plans to make a scooter next, it may be with basic connectivity features and probably more range, but that’ll be 2-3 years into the future at least. The X will still have support after that, because it’s Android based, and future vehicles they come up with will be Android based too.

1 Like

And 300/month for connect pack can really be paid for each month, right?
I hope it’s not something like 3600 per year which translates to 300/month kind of deal.

2 Likes

But even though we purchase the vehicle upfront we need to opt for the subscription to access dta services and ather grid
They haven’t clarified on how much we have to pay after paying for the vehicle upfront

I think it should be similar to the current Ather One plans, if not the same.