450X: Product/Technical discussions

Snapdragon 212 Quadcore

Why Ather is still using very old chipset when they are marketing the scooter as most advanced. You can only optimise a chipset to a level but beyond that you cannot optimise as it starts showing its limitations. I think it’s high time that Ather starts to change chipset used because scooter is sold at a very high premium and this is not justified.

23 Likes

Why use aluminium chassis? What are the pros and cons over using the other standard material (steel or iron, I guess)? What are Chetak and other electric scooters using?

3 Likes

Aluminium has a lot of advantages but there are also cons. It is similar to how expensive cycles use aluminium vs steel.
It is light weight compared to steel for the same strength. ATHER is a heavy bike if they use steel for this awesome design it will be too heavy to move.

It has higher malleability and In ather that allows for the complicated battery mount interface on the floor board.
Even though ather claim that the battery is part of the structure (which I take to mean an essential load bearing component) i think the structure itself is quite good and can be used with other battery mounts if allowed in future.

Chetak uses a steel tubular frame that is similar to activa. I am not sure if you have seen under the body of a regular bike. Maybe there are videos online. Then you can see the naked ather in the exp centre. There is a stark difference in design. This is only possible with a lighter aluminium.

However since aluminium welding is expensive and difficult it is generally formed so you are bound to have manufacturing overheads unlike simple steel tubes.

Disclaimer: This is my opinion based on certain assumptions…:grin:

10 Likes

[quote=“abhishek.balaji, post:1, topic:5401”]
Max Torque: 26Nm
Top speed: 80 kmph
Acceleration (0-40kmph): 3.3s
this figures for warp mode right ?

what are the same performance figures IN Eco , Ride Modes?

7 Likes

Will the new dashboard have Ambient light sensor? I am aware that there is Dark mode, however ALS will make 450X more intelligent.

7 Likes

I dont think there is one otherwise it would have been highlighted. Guess there will be a switch to dark mode just how the brightness shifts now based on time of the day(which is quite crappy, I usually do the change in brightness manually).

1 Like

ALS is not present currently, but we do have automatic brightness based on time of day. ALS sensor would require re-moulding of the dashboard panel, since it’ll be an extra sensor.

2 Likes

Noted, I am sorry to say automatic brightness based on time of day is not effective. ALS will be great to have. However Dark theme should help us a lot.

9 Likes

Are you planning for cruise control in near future?
It might be helpful…

4 Likes

what is the battery voltage. i remember the 450 had a 51.1v battery. if the voltage is 48, we can use it for home storage when the battery capacity runs low.

4 Likes

What is the chemistry of the new 21700 cells please don’t tell me its li-on.
Who is manufacturer of this new cells. Please don’t tell me its classified, since tesla,hyundai, tata, VW etc all list who their battery supplier is.

2 Likes

Does the new side stand sensor prevent you from starting the motor? Or is it just a dummy for a visual cue to the rider?

1 Like

Yep, it will not allow you to start the motor, making it a safety feature :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Li-ion cells are the best energy density cells out there… 21700 is a li ion cell no doubt.

6 Likes

Li-on is a generic term, it doesn’t say anything about the chemistry.

2 Likes

21700 is usually a NMC (Lithium Nickel Manganese Cobalt Oxide) cell. If that’s what you are looking for… I maybe wrong.

4 Likes

I don’t think anyone will provide exact battery chemistry.
If we know the manufacturer and the model of cells we can see some specs for it online.
this info is freely available.

In general there are many cells with same dimensions (21700) with similar but maybe not exact chemistry. This is something like purchasing a standard AA rechargeable battery, you will see different capacities and discharge rates retailing at different prices from teh same manufacturer or different ones.

THis is why i guessed earlier that ather may have kept the same dimensions battery pack but used a different cell to manage the capacity and rating.

2 Likes

It is one of LG, Panasonic and Samsung is what we were told on Saturday

4 Likes

Chemistry varies from manufacturer to manufacturer. There is no harm in telling which brand they use. The only ones who don’t tell are the ones who use cheap Chinese cells.

So you mean to say they use batteries from all of them.

2 Likes

21700 cells are imported from one of them :slight_smile:

We assemble the battery packs in-house.

6 Likes