Ather 450X Discussions

That is a very good question.

I believe it is a grey area. Technically you are not changing the color of the bike and the wrap is a removable layer on the original paint.

But then i am no legal authority on RTO rules/laws and i can only suggest that you get it verified with the RTO office.

3 Likes

Good points, actually. I think the @Ather.Team would be best placed to answer this rather than me making wild guesses. From the discussion at the open house, I just interpreted it must probably be something along the lines of Wi-Fi HaLow, but I’m no expert in this, so can’t say anything beyond what I heard (which in itself might not be accurate) :sweat_smile:

Guys who have ather450 when you do charge at home how many units does it take for a full charge approx just wanted to see what is the cost for charging … I usually travel for work 30kms per day

1 Like

i use a SonOff POW wifi switch that tracks power usage as well on my home charging point. On an average it consumes about 1 unit per hour.

2 Likes

6 posts were merged into an existing topic: 450X: Product/Technical discussions

I had placed an order for ather 450 on the 2nd of jan 2020. 2nd week i placed an order for the 450x by paying 2500 extra…
i would like to know whats the wait time!!

Definitely Ather did not target the mid range buyers and those who are trying to reduce the petrol and maintenance costs. But targeting high end customers mean, you gotta launch and make it available sooner than this. Rich people don’t like to wait this long :joy::joy:

1 Like

Almost 3 units.

Hi i have opted for self installation for the DOT , has anyone done this self ? will i get complete installation guide with the DOT… if anyone is having it can you please share it with me so i can be prepared in advance of installation.

@Ather.Team, Is it possible to upgrade the colour of 450 to the available 3 colour options?

No. of units for full charge is equal to the size of the battery in kwh… Ather 450 with 2.4kwh battery will take 2.4-2.5 units

At what load does Ather 450x offer 85Km true range in eco mode?

You can paint any colour if you want… It’s not a big deal

1 Like

We are using Ather 450 and giving our feedback to get a upgradation but Ather team is taking all our suggestions and preparing the next model of Ather…450x…y…z… We are expecting the new modification in Ather 450 also… Need to be upgraded… I received my Ather 450 one month back only… And I don’t want to see it is getting outdated…
Please try to understand our requirements and give first priority for Ather 450 customers and do upgradation of 4g connectivity, black background display, side stand indicator, automatic indicator off, Bluetooth upgradation… etc…

4 Likes

Theoretically, yes. But I am not sure if ather will allow ad-hoc payments for as low as 1 month.

1 Like

It has to pass along the RTO for that. So quick answer: no

Ofcourse, we try to incorporate all new features requests, improvements into the 450. Some of the upgrades are financially and technical feasible and some are not.

There are some new features, fixes and improvements coming to the 450 over the next few months, you’ll see:

1. Dark Mode
  2. Smart Charging reminders (if your vehicle is low on battery)
  3. Smart Navigation reminders
  4. Better Keyboard on navigation (on dashboard)
  5. Overhauling the app (some of the above features will be through the app)

From what you’ve mentioned,

• 4G module upgrade is in the works as an option
  • Dark mode is coming soon
  • Side stand sensor requires physical hardware and currently it’s not feasible
  • Auto indicator off is already there
  • Bluetooth upgradation is not possible without a complete dashboard upgrade, and that requires significant hardware upgrade and is not feasible at this stage.
4 Likes

Yes the pricing part is hard hitting job & the new 450x is only for new customers & owners who really seeing for upgrade.
Ather 450 was a big hit by owners feedback & immense data Ather got from owners
Their statistics was to give more best & they are with X
Hope 450X Will also roar like 450 , but challenges remain strong once they are on road , there will be glitches in 450X too , owners will be over excited by this product & we are the data feedback for Ather.
As confidence build up by 450 has to be matched with 450X , IF NOT it will be hard hit on Ather .

2 posts were split to a new topic: Flight/Airplane mode