450X: Product/Technical discussions

Mr. Sumanth, are issues with 450 really that worrisome that one may need to consider 450X over 450? If purchased now, wouldn’t 450 run for the next seven years, perhaps with one battery change and with periodic servicing with hopes that Ather will continue to support the scooter lifelong. I think you own a 450 currently. Perhaps you can throw some light.

I too was skeptical about the issues as posted by uses. With assurances and answers from Ather I feel confident now to go for 450 as I cannot wait until July 2020 for 450X. If 450X were to be available by March end, I would go for it.

Issues with 450 meaning… That ather was selling 450 under loss and to make electric scooters popular ather released the 450 for a cheaper price. I’m not talking about performance… 450 still is an excellent scooter.
And no I do not own a 450. But from what I’ve seen in this forum and community and reviews it’s a really good scooter to have. I don’t think you should worry too much about the issues as ather team is working on fixing them.

PS: Even I need a 2 wheeler now, but I’m going to wait for 450x pro as I want the superior performance and features, also I believe 450x will be supported by ather for a much longer time than 450. For these reasons alone I’m going to wait for 450x. For the time being I’m more than happy to use scooter rentals till I can get 450x delivery.

1 Like

I already own an ather 450.
The fact of the matter is that ather 450 comes with a torque of 20.5nm and 450x plus comes with a torque of 22nm but both the scooters take the same time to reach from 0-40 that is 3.9 seconds.
Isnt this a question to be asked
For current ather owners it surely is.
I hope i made myself clear
Or should i try once again??

Ather told that update will be done through OTA only and can’t be connected through mobile WiFi.Then What are the uses of Wifi in Ather450x.Can anyone differentiate feature in Ather 450 and 450x(what extra is there is 450x).

1 Like

So you are saying the the torque in 450x plus is slightly better than 450, but the 0-40 time is the same?
Why? Probably because 450x plus is electronically limited to perform at that level and also the motors used in 450 and 450x plus are different. 450 has bldc and 450x has pmsm. So performances can vary a little.

Motor does not matter for torque :joy:
If the pmsm motor has a peak torque of 20.5nm and bldc motor has torque of 20.5nm
It simply means that both scooters have same acceleration.
Motor does matter for more better torque but if two different motors have same torque that means they have same acceleration power.

1 Like

The website most likely has a typo
@abhishek.balaji do look into it cause 450x has more torque and lesser weight yet has the same 0-40 time of 450.

2 Likes

There can be various other factors which may affect the acceleration of the vehicle, torque of the motor alone can’t determine the acceleration of the vehicle. And torque can be easily manipulated by using different gears, belt drives, etc. So what actually matters is the torque at the wheels. What’s given at the website is the torque of the motor. So the wheel torque for both scooters maybe gives them the same acceleration.

Look I am no expert and I only replied to you because you wrote everything in caps telling

Which I felt wasn’t true, for me Ather has done nothing but clarify all my questions whenever I have asked them.

1 Like

In case of upfront purchase, instead of buying the data plan can I use my own SIM card?

Not an issue if you have deals with multiple service providers and can connect to any network for poor connectivity places.

The 450X comes with a 4G e-SIM which is capable of switching to different network towers when the coverage is very poor. So, you wouldn’t need to worry about your scooter being out of network coverage.

Either 450 has 22nm torque now or 450x plus has 20.5nm.

You have no idea about my experience with ather.
Now the scooter is completely fine.
And moreover the bldc motor and pmsm motor both are for electric scooters so the belt remains same.
It is really not possible that 20.5nm and 22nm have sane acceleration okay.
1.5nm torque does matter it reduces your timing from 3.9 to somewhere around 3.6-3.7
Moreover the weight of the scooter is 3kgs lesser then ather 450 gen 1.5
So obviously it does matter

1 Like

Great specs
Is Ather planning to offer any any option for 450 owners to upgrade to 450X?

2 Likes

Check this out:
https://forum.atherenergy.com/t/ather-450x-discussions/4630/1547?u=sumanth1998

A post was merged into an existing topic: Discussions on News and Updates

Few questions

• does the 450x have built-in music player?
  • can I play the song or receive calls through my won set of ear phones (Bluetooth / wired) ?
  • does it capable of playing FM ?
1 Like

It does have a keys to control your phone’s app via BlueTooth control in Pro no and no it does have speaker but they are not meant for song playing it does not have FM

• does the 450x have built-in music player?
    • No, it can control music on your phone’s playlist (via bluetooth). 3 functions :previous_track_button: :play_or_pause_button: :next_track_button:
  • can I play the song or receive calls through my own set of ear phones (Bluetooth / wired)?
    • You have to listen to songs or receive calls only through some Bluetooth enabled earphones. No wired earphones as there is no 3.5mm jack or USB port for music/phone. There will be no speakers on the scooter either for music/phone.
  • does it capable of playing FM ?
    • No. FM is pre-historic :smiley:
2 Likes

I think you are looking to buy a mobile phone :slight_smile:

1. No music player
  2. I believe so since the screen showed options to accept/reject calls and control music playback.
  3. No. Does not support FM/AM
4 Likes

Reason to ask this question is it’s known fact that Bluetooth which is inside 450x cannot be paired with the mobile, if it can be paired to play music, then it can be done so for other things too. I think it can only be played through Bluetooth helmet which is going to be released and it can only be paired with the vehicle.

Yes, I have 450 already :wink:

Not sure where you saw this :thinking:

Bluetooth on the dashboard connects to your phone and acts like a remote. You can connect your earphones to your phone to listen to the music.

The smart helmet is an optional accessory.

2 Likes