450X: Discussions on battery

@abhishek.balaji you should consider recruiting @kotteeswar25 for expanding your FAQs :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

10 Likes

Can anyone tell me where ather procures its batteries for its ev, whether it is manufacturing its own or procuring from outside.

1 Like

What is the point in having the same battery which costs same in two versions of 450x. You have already spent the cost and not allowing one to use. If the 450 plus really had a different battery then price difference is justified.

450 Plus does have a different battery. The initial plan was to have same hardware (including battery) and switch between Plus and X using software. But that was ditched months ago. Hence the nearly 20k difference in price (and not ~10k diff as was the case initially).

1 Like

Sir recently I’m going Ather experience center in Chennai Nungambakkam I’m asked some questions about. Battery cost of 450 x or 450 plus the Ather experience center person they told me battery cost of 450x is around rs 85,000/_ to 90,000/_ will come if half of the vechical price is battery cost only sir…

2 Likes

13 posts were merged into an existing topic: Battery Pack

What is the battery drain % if the vehicle is kept Idle. Any data available. Mine reduce by 4% in past 24 hours. so with that rate the battery automatically drains off in 25 days if the vehicle is not charged up.

1 Like

Drainage would vary on climatic conditions and network reach as that’ll still be on. In case you are not going to use the vehicle for more than 5 days please do a shut down. That’ll reduce battery drainage further.

2 Likes

@faxyparawala
From what I’ve noticed there are 4 planes of consciousness for the Ather :stuck_out_tongue: Going from the most dormant and least draining.

1. Soft shutdown from the dash settings – Should last you quite a few months
  2. Key off and idle which most of us leave our scooter at. That can range from 4-6%/ day so yes in under a month it should go from 100-0%.
  3. Plugged in to charger and not charging but charger locked in; drains faster than a key off – 6-8% / 24 hrs. Sometimes more.
  4. Normal Key On and ready to ride. Which I assume drains the most with headlights taillights on, dashboard display on… Never tried what’s the loss if you leave your scooter like this
1 Like

I wasn’t aware that #3 will drain more than #2. Any reason why it drains more?

Because, I do it more often as I switch off the charger thru Wifi and leave the cable locked to the scooter all the time.

And, I have felt that the idle drain became more than what I have observed earlier. But, did not know the higher drain was because of the charging cable docked in.

Same. That’s why I’ve changed to charging just before unplugging. So the scooter wake up when the scheduled charge starts and.

Well if you notice, when plugged in the dash is still awake. You touch it and it turns on right? So probably more than normal components are actually turned on and draining battery. If you look closely without touching the dash, you’ll notice that the screen is actually always on during charging, just that the brightness drops by a lot.

2 Likes

Yeah I have seen screen turning On. But after we switch off charger, the scooter remains in the same mode (and continue to drain the same way)?

Sorry, i did not understand. Can you explain it better?

Yup. Try it out. Once you switch off through the s,art plug, you can still touch the dash and it wakes up. It stays like that until you unplug the charger.

Okay so, I’m not sure how you charge your scooter, but a lot of people plug in the scooter at night and start charging and they either put a timer say, stop charging after 2 Hrs or switch off through the app after a while and they leave it overnight and then unplug in the morning. So for most of the time, the scooter is plugged in partially awake and not charging.
What I do is I plug in the scooter at night with the charger switched off. So it doesn’t lock to the scooter. My scooter is in idle. I schedule a charge early morning and when that charging starts, the charging plug is in place and hence locks on, wake up the scooter and starts charging. So this way the scooter gets to stay at a lower power consuming state for most of the night.

4 Likes

Thanks for explaining.

I do the same. i.e plug it in switched off mode. But I don’t unplug it for days after finishing charging. I unplug only when I take it for drive.

So, it means I should go down and unplug it soon after charge completes. Turn off the vehicle and again plug the cable in switched off mode.

But, can’t an OTA be given to go into idle once power cuts off during charging.

1 Like

Highly doubt they’ll do this. Ather recommends the scooter to be charging if it’s plugged in. And its a minimal idle drain increase compare to just key turned off.
What will solve it is complete customisation of charging.

• Charge limit
  • Option to charge to a certain limit and shut down.
  • Option to continue charging after an update.
  • Maybe even let us schedule charges.
  • Option to unlock the charger through the app
3 Likes

Yes, complete customization will solve. But, there is no timeline and it may be long time away.

But, this should be a much simpler update I believe.

We are already worrying about 4-5% idle drain and increase of another 2% is not slight increase. Why should the vehicle be awake even after hours of power not being supplied?

bro l think head light and number plate light are taking over charge from battery … Ather don’t give option for ON / OFF switch if light is off automatically battery drain problem will be slove

The headlights and number plate lights are switched off once you take out your key. :confused: And while riding it needs to be on accorodmg to regulations.

2 Likes

Ather CS told me that 100% to 0% battery usage. Head light will not even consume 1% of battery.

2 Likes

Head light will not even consume 1% of battery it’s ok sir. Then why battery is draining so many owners are facing this problem… from Ather’s side, what solution is given for this unnecessary battery drain?

2 Likes