Updates and new features

And clicking on the Add button does not do anything :rage:

was able to

give one more try

but funny thing is i don’t have update on flight yet to test it

2 Likes

also selected the address by pining location

why this function cannot be included on maps itself to select unknown location directly from map for navigation

update please

1 Like

I did not receive any update so far. No notification of OTA update. How to get it ?

1 Like

I had to reinstall the app. Now when I clicked on add, there was a prompt to allow Ather to access location of the device.

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Discussions on News and Updates

I agree for the

1. Fan Noise not properly shutdown
  2. Brightness is still an issue…Can it be automated by date!!
  3. TripA & TripB icons are very small.-need improvement
1 Like

I take back this review comment. There is a way to save Home and Work location that is through Profile->Profile->Then save Home & Work Location in Mobile Phone App, which will reflect in the dash board. Nicely done. If you save only Home address, then that icon alone appears. However it is little tricky to identify where and how to store.

Apart from these two, there are options to save ‘starred’ locations.

4 Likes

i have tried to logout and login and also tried to delete the App from my phone and re-install, but no luck :frowning:

@Shreyas, any pointers to this… doesnot seem to be a general issue as i have not seen anyone else report this issue.

1 Like

Hi Ganesh,

There seems to be something off. Would recommend you get in touch with the customer support team and get this checked.

The only reason I can think of this happening is if you shut the vehicle down after every ride. In which case the ride information gets wiped. (that is a known bug, which will be solved in the next update)

1 Like

@amithsnair, @hemanth.anand, @rajeshkav

For the connector lock case, it is a safety feature and hence we cannot revert to it.

Take this example, in case there is a power cut, the connector would get unlocked, and there is a risk of it partially sliding out. If that happens, and the power comes on, it will start charging without the solenoid being able to lock in place.

Secondly, for users charging with portable cables, anyone can turn off the power and disconnect the cable.

In your case @rajeshkav, if you are able to remove the connector after powering off, then there is reason to believe that your solenoid lock is not functioning properly.

It can be either:

1. Connector not being pushed in fully with key on before charging.
  2. Mechanical fault with your connector/locking mechanism.

Would recommend you try that again while putting the vehicle on charge when the key is turned on, and then removing the key to start charging. Then turning the pod’s power off and checking. Please get in touch with the customer support team if it isn’t working as intended.

It’d also be interesting to understand why would some of you want to remove the connector once the charging is complete and not let it be plugged in over-night. (If it is the fan noise issue, that is now solved)

That’s a good suggestion, I’m not sure if that is something technically possible, in any case you should post it on the OTA Wants thread :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Ok Thanks. i shall reach out to the customer support and have it checked.

i can confirm that i have not shut down… infact i am still to get myself to even turn off the motor using the motor kill switch, let alone shutdown. i guess the last shut down was during the update of the 450 SW. May be i should try to do a shutdown once again and see if it would fix the issue and then reach out to customer care.

1 Like

Now that makes a lot of sense.
When it is charging and if the power is cut down, the solenoid remains intact and the screen remains dark but it is touch responsive. This means that the computer is still on
What will be the discharge rate if it remains on and left over night?
It cannot turn off completely as it has to keep the solenoid intact

Shreyas I have not received the OTA, can it be pushed for my vehicle. Yesterday I called to customer service the response was we
will get back to you.

Your first example makes perfect sense. I experienced it once - the connector had come out. In fact it had come out so much that it wasn’t charging at all! Second example is very true for public charging-I wouldn’t want someone to unplug my scooter.

I can’t speak for others, but let me try to explain my personal preference for the current setup instead of the upcoming setup.

1. Many times I use the Cable to charge in a socket shared with the E2O. My wife arrives home around 16:30 and plugs in the Ather for charging. I arrive at around 19:00 in E2O, Plug out Ather and Plug in E2O. All this without me carrying the Ather key. Many times, we even leave the cables there only and not take it in the vehicle. Cable theft is not an issue as the adapter and plug of the cable is inside the socket box with lock.
  2. Your example 2 in a home situation was another reason why I feel the current setup is a little better. If any body did that mischief of switching off power and disconnecting, at least there is no physical damage. but in the newer setup with the solenoid lock, if they forcefully try to pull out, it might damage both the male and female connectors. of course if they pull out without turning off, there is a chance of damage even in the current setup
  3. another reason why I turn off is I don’t want to attract unnecessary attention to the vehicle and the Point in the basement with that big,bright flashing green light. as explained in #1, I could do that anytime even without the keys.

To sum it up, although the current setup suits me well, I’m fine with the future setup as well. I’ll either keep it plugged in overnight or carry Ather key more often than I’m doing now.

I’m eagerly waiting for the update…Especially for the trip meter and reduced brightness. No wonder my favourite song these days is Apna time aayega

1 Like

may be adding an option (lock solenoid when plugged: on/off) in App or dashboard will solve the problem

as different owners have their own requirement which cannot be consolidated

security is defined by customer at times

3 Likes

In my case, connector was fully in. I am suspecting it is mechanical fault as I am able to take the cable out with Power ON condition (without turning the key on) with hardly any pull pressure. Anyway I did this for testing purpose only to check whether the problem stated has resolved in the current OTA version.

May I know in what battery percentage, fan noise issue is solved? I have checked in between 80 to 100%, fan continues to make same noise. I am of the opinion that in all trickle charging, fan should be turned off unless temp is high.

The charger fan turns off once the current going into the battery pack goes below a certain value.

Since the battery pack charges following a CC-CV curve, it’s difficult to predict the exact SoC value, as that can slightly vary.

The bigger advantage is that, once the charging is complete, whenever the vehicle restarts trickle charge, the fan used to kick-in and was an annoyance to people nearby and users who had their pods installed closer to their living space.

Something you had also brought up earlier.

Now, once the charging is near completion, the fan shuts off and doesn’t keep turning on and off through the night

4 Likes

Yup. Can confirm this works now.