Unveiling the all new Ather 450X Gen 3

So do you think that Ather has delivered the New Gen 3 earlier to the distributors so that they could start the distribution immediatelyā€¦Or you saw the Old version of Ather 450x (Gen 2)???

1 Like

I believe the distribution of initial few scooters is for the purpose of test rides at Experience Centre as it will be available from tomorrow itself. Also I hope delivery timelines[90 days] do not vary much based on the booking date as I heard Gen 2 deliveries were stopped around a month ago.

1 Like

Also the Gen 2 vehicles were producing slowly coz of lack of resources like batteries etc coz of this pandemicā€¦Hoping that the Gen 3 will be delivered quicker as everything is stable now :slightly_smiling_face:ā€¦

I seriously hope so too. Recently when is spoke to a few Ola Owners they said that they chose Ola because they couldnā€™t wait 4 months for an Ather. Really rooting for Ather here. Having a good product and yet losing our sales because of production constraints.

If this happensā€¦Then eventhough if they have a reliable scooter people will choose other brands coz of production infringement :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Turns out I am right about this. Indore EC service manager has invited me for the launch at 5:00 PM. If not Bengaluru, at least Indore. :sweat_smile::sunglasses::partying_face::zap:

5 Likes

Good for you, I donā€™t think this time even the mods got any kind of invite. Everything is getting handled in Youtube itself.

3 Likes

And here in Mumbai, currently we donā€™t even have a showroom to go toā€¦ :joy::joy::joy:

4 Likes

Though I was willing to spend my own money and come but nevermind. I get to go to an Ather event which is what matters. Canā€™t wait to see and ride the new 450X.

2 Likes

Somehow it feels like Ather isnā€™t playing up this launch as much as it was for the 450 or 450x.

For that reason alone, my expectations are very tempered.

We are as clueless as you are :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I donā€™t think it is a major up lift unlike iQube which did a complete revamp. So a few aesthetics and range(battery). Which is already conveyed by them small big changes.

So may be they are keeping it low also this upgrade looks more like a targeted update, which keeps numbers little higher than the other players. So to not make it as a event could be one more reason.

1 Like
LAUNCH DAYY!
  • EXCITED!
  • excited!

0 voters

2 Likes

iQube was upgraded with bigger battery, more colors and modern dashboard. Frame, panels everything same as old one no changes.

450x is also being updated with bigger battery, better tyresā€¦ Regarding colors we need to see in launch.

How come iQube majorly uplifted compared to 450x.

1 Like

From the booking website, it looks like we have the usual three suspects.

1. Very white
  2. Somewhat grey
  3. Awfully green
5 Likes

Those are same as existing colorsā€¦ New colors may be updated after launch or they may go with existing ones only. I hope and wish for new colors.

Wait and seeeā€¦

6 Likes

@sumosari iQube has many refreshers like they revamped

1. Battery 2. Colors 3. Intrumentation 4. Dashboard 5. Charger options.

By Instrumentation I meant they revamped their BMS and also UI/UX lot of new features are introduced compared to previous version.

On contrary Ather has changes which are not majorly visible except for mirrors and any other few cosmetics. Battery is the major change here.

3 Likes

2 Hrs to go

5 Likes

IQube doesnā€™t have the same engineering that went into making the Ather. The hub motor makes it rarely simple compared to Atherā€™S belt and reducing ratios and monosuspension so it is cheaper and they can pack a bigger battery for the price. IQube is just a very safe product. They still havenā€™t properly launched the iQube ST with the 4.6kWh battery so thatā€™ll be interesting. Since thatā€™s an actual change in dimensions of the scooter. I really wish Ather had an alternate platform apart from the 450 platform. This 450X gen 3 is just a very minor update I suppose. Major update would probably have been a 450Z or something. I had heard rumours of Ather testing a different platform , a more conventional design, 2 years back and some of the service technicians had seen it too. I wonder if they scrapped that design.

1 Like

3 Likes