Tips on how to get good range from your Ather 450X

Yes that’s true features can differentiate both models but if real world range is under 80 then both vehicles should have access to 2.6-2.7 KW of battery pack because remaining buffer is more than enough for future. Everything is perfect, from suspension to ride quality to power to looks no issues there but only concern is vehicle have ability to get more range with the current hardware but company have locked it for the end user.

3 Likes

I have crossed 500kms…and there seem to be a slight increase in range for me… My daily travel crosses 66 kms… up and down

4 Likes

Sometimes when there’s some belt sounds early on when you get the scooter, seem to smoothen out after 500-1000km. About the range, it will only get affected after your battery capacity degrades, which takes 4-6 years on an average usage.

3 Likes

After 100% charge my 450x is showing 85 in eco mode but not going that much km whats the issue

1 Like

Can you share how much efficiency your ride generally consumes? It should be less than 30 kW/h to get a good range.

Also…

2 Likes

How to ride in less efficiency brother am Not able to use it less than 40

1 Like

If you have realtime efficiency enabled, you can make sure you are not riding inefficiently by keeping track of the Red Halo appearing. If the red halo appears almost always in whatever way you ride, you might want to check the brake and freeness of your tyres.

3 Likes

My battery shows 99% completed is it a bug or there is problem it doesn’t shows 100%

3 Likes

Seems similar issue as I reported in thread below. https://forum.atherenergy.com/t/battery-degradation/24906?u=wmayuresh

I didn’t face this again. Ather support had confirmed to fix.

1 Like

Do i have to worry on efficiency because very often I keep changing mode according to the road slide. Example - i switch to sport during uphill and eco during downhill

5 Likes

I usually use sport, because Eco might not get you out of tight spots that you get into unexpectedly. There’s also nearly no gain in changing to Eco mode downhill, like changing gears. You can get a good range from sport itself, and even from :zap: with experience.

5 Likes

Sorry to spam, I see the screen highlight “red” on the right side where we see the kilometers remaining upon raising the throttle. Not sure what is wrong. Please suggest what should be done.

3 Likes

Nothing wrong in that. It shows that how much efficiency are you using. More the red halo, lesser the range. More and more the red halo, lesser and lesser the range

1 Like

Is this some new update? I observed this for the first time today in 4months of owning Ather :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Nope. It’s a feature. It may have been off.

5 Likes

Is the red halo almost always lit? In that case you might have a misaligned brake or something that is not free to ride.

If there’s a paddock stand, try checking the way tyres roll.

PS: checked tyre pressure?

4 Likes

Is it possible to reduce 50wh/km

2 Likes

You have to ride efficiently. Follow the guidelines mentioned in the original post.

Actually to get to the efficiency of 30-35, you don’t need magic. Just slow acceleration is enough.

9 Likes

50 Wh/km is actually too high for any mode. Try to accelerate a little slowly. Instead of going at 40-45 kmph on eco mode, use the sports mode at 40-45 kmph. Avoid sudden acceleration if possible. 30- 35 Wh/km seems to be a decent efficiency number. Go easy on the accelerator, especially on eco mode and you shall do fine. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

What’s your view on maintaining less than 27Wh/km.

4 Likes