Tips on how to get good range from your Ather 450X

I’d say 27kw/km is high too, for a solo rider of avg 70kg. 25-22 kw/km can be done with a bit of careful riding, on generally flat roads, without much compromise on speed.

3 Likes

I think, we can also use a throttle gripper. It will cost around 500 and can be used to maintain the desired speed (cruise control) on any 2 wheeler including ather.

4 Likes

I’m facing this issue reacently bought ather, over night 6%of charge getting reduced how do I prevent this.

3 Likes

Raise a ticket with CS and get it checked. Observe for some time though about the pattern. If it’s once in a while then it should not be a problem. I spoke to the service guy and he told me about some processes. So once in a while is okay but not regularly.

3 Likes

Very nice explanation. I had booked Ola S1 but due to delays and not sure about deliveries, I cancelled Ola S1 and bought Ather 450+ on 4 November. I liked Ather in almost all areas, except range it offers
Let me follow guidelines you mentioned and see. I got different perspective about range one can get in realty. Thanks Girish Behere

9 Likes

Use on board screen to Shut down before turning off the ather,

3 Likes

@aj.kumarblr Are you facing this after you charge to 100% and leave it over night ? If yes then follow the steps

1. Once charge is 100% disconnect the charger
  2. Leave it for some time and see if percentage drops
  3. Reconnect the charger so that it charges back to 100%

This happens due to charging process called floating, any battery during charge state over reports as the charge voltage would be higher and once disconnected it balances the cells and stabilize the voltages, this is where you see drop in percentage.

Ps note This is not actual drop in battery capacity or battery drain.

Once you follow the steps I mentioned for some charge cycles, this process is called trickle charging, it would stabilize the soc to keep battery at 100% and you will not see such drops, even if you see it might be 1-2% only and don’t worry for it.

It happend to me and this is was I did to resolve it

Let me know how it goes

5 Likes

Use the throttle with care… Gradually open it… Dont ride the Ather the way you would open the throttle on a petrol bike… Use appropriate mode when riding… I normally use RIDE MODE ONLY… Occasionally use sports or warp to get to destination faster if on a short ride.

2 Likes

@girish.begere I share a similar case… Took deliverybof my Ather450x on 4nov.

Watching few OLA S1 reviews these days. But Ather450x has been a great experience so far, although it has punched a huge hole in the wallet😀

3 Likes

Facing 2 to 3 percent battery discharge every night! Sometimes it might go even 4 percent… is this kinda a normal? Or am i overthinking

1 Like

I will utilise those suggestions and report back.

1 Like

Kind of of normal. I also experience different discharge rates.

2 Likes

We need to request Ather to introduce 2 new modes in the upcoming release. @juzeeweb Juzer Mode and @malcolm Malcolm Mode.

Just ride on these modes and you won’t have range anxiety ever.

6 Likes

:slight_smile:

17 Likes

Whoa! Unbelievable! Can you please comment more so that it could be helpful? Might help develop a

3 Likes

wow. This is outstanding. In my case, even if I come down on slope, number is never less than 18. This is long distance 52 kms so surely not fluke. Please share some tips or hacks if you done any :wink:

3 Likes

There was nothing special that I did, the distance and the fact that there was moving traffic and not stop-go traffic helped achieve a steady pace, that top speed was while coming down a flyover, else the speed was between 30-40kmph. All you need is just a steady hand on the throttle.

To sum it up: Have a steady hand on the throttle, dont use the brake while you use the throttle. Ride in a controllable speed. Its as simple as that. :smiley:

4 Likes

What about regen did you use it?

4 Likes

Not sure if regen was there, but I did let go of the throttle while coming down on a flyover

2 Likes

Regen gets activated only after you push the throttle to the opposite side around 5 degrees. so I’m assuming no you didn’t use Regen but even after that an outstanding 12wh/km, my lowest is like some 25. will try your technique and see if it changes …

6 Likes