The Big Question! Is Ather planning a comeback?

A post was merged into an existing topic: The Funny Side

Understood Ather had a backfoot this time as technology caught up pretty fast but we all have to remember that as times fly so does tech, Ola and Simple Energy just killed everything Ather had, be it Range/Tech/Battery/Price heck even fast charging in Multi storey buidings itseems, agree we all invested in this tech so why can’t we turn a blind eye on the other options and hold on to our rides for a wee bit longer to get the best out of our investment, I know it’s hard to ignore them but have to!

Everything has its flaws, we have to just overcome it and move on guys, but on the brighter side I am pretty sure Ather will be planning something which will only benefit us consumers.

Just like Mahindra/Reva started it all and Tata is eating the pie now, Ather started it all and hope it won’t let others eat it’s pie now.

2 Likes

In case of Ather, Everything is flawed

• Belt makes weird noises when you drive your vehicle in rain

• Worst Service Quality and customer experience after you buy the product

• Lets not even go to dashboard

• The New Request Part of Ather , users have been asking Ather for basic features for so long but Ather has always turned blind eyes to those

Now Customer Understand what they would have got for 1.6 - 1.7 lacs when OLA/SE has come into picture since we can compare Ather. Now customer are understanding how much their profit margins are and how much they have cheated its owners in terms of features and making us believe that we are grateful that Ather exists I am just waiting to see what they do after these vehicle launch and actually deliver what they promised because " They are not Ather "

2 Likes

More stories

5 Likes

Vinith, can I please request you to calm down a bit and avoid these friendly fires? Are you really getting aggressive with other owners on the Forum here as if it is their fault you hate your Ather? (And no, just because someone has had a different experience with Ather and disagrees with another person’s opinion doesn’t make the former a “fanboi”, so that’s not a justification for raining down on them either :slight_smile: )

If you go back and read the thread, I think you’ll realise you are reading my answer out of context. What I wrote there was an explanation for an industry practice (market segmentation and price tiering in software) and explained that I was only talking of THAT business model and not making any comment of this practice in Ather’s context. Hence clarified that disagreeing to my comment by saying “Ather should not do this for these reasons, yada yada” would not serve any purpose since I wasn’t even passing value judgements on Ather’s decision. Could you please let me know which part of that answer conveyed otherwise, so that I can go back and edit it a bit for clarity? Thank you!

7 Likes

… and toss each user 5 tokens like they’re doing users a big favor by listening to them. Supposedly a token is reinstated after a feature has been implemented, but we all know how that’s been going, don’t we?

1 Like

Thanks for sharing. Good article with detailed financial numbers.

So Ather spent Rs 40 on ads for every Rs 100 they generated from the sales of the product? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Also, revenue on sales is Rs 78 crores, assuming Rs 1.8 lakh per vehicle, ~4,300 total sales. At the same time bill of materials is 99.3 crores, which means ~Rs 2.3 lakhs for components costs per vehicle. BOM will come down by a good amount in FY22 as the sales numbers are much higher now with expansion to more cities and a recent subsidy increase.

It will be interesting to see the sales numbers and financials in the second half of FY22 and FY23.

2 Likes

This is true many feature requests made none implemented.

I don’t know who asked about guide me light home. But useful was dark mode and movement alert

All other OTA was bug fixes, for working in 2G, bluetooth which should be available out of factory when product announced in jan 2020 and delivered in October 2020. Even if pandemic its lot of time and software development WFH

Many features announced in ola and simple can be done in ather but even in owners meet it was mentioned feature update few times a year. They can fast track this. Its ok to paying 2400 + gst for connect pro but it should have more features and constant, fast additions

No reply if you ask logical questions

I hope 450 customers are not ignored

Many new users from new cities doesn’t know about forum so we hear less compliants

1 Like

I’ve never mentioned hate in any of my posts, just strong grievances. Could you please stop objectifying my intentions? Neither have a pointed fault with the characters, personality or actions of members. As a customer, I’m only stating my opinion.

Thanks for making your opinions clear in the community too. :slightly_smiling_face:

Ather can bring out say, 450 pro with more range and a more powerful motor!

The only way they can come back is with better a completely redesigned motherboard with at least 6 / 7 series SD processor and 3/4 GB ram, this will literally kill all the problems their software is having, frequent restart because the page memory in RAM is not enough, a faster load time in maps with cache and 16 GB internal storage because WHY NOT? they cost pennies these days (PS we can install some games while in if we are on the road waiting for someone)

With 5g connectivity so by the time you come up with it 5G is gonna be mainstream

1 Like

Why not switch to Ola s1 pro? Might be a “ perfect “ machine!

Sure. Once I figure out how I can recover at least 1.8 of the 3l I blew on two of these piggies. Would you like to help?

PS: I love this place. People everywhere starting exchanges that they cannot see through, and then complaining to the class monitor when they’re out of comebacks.

1 Like

FAME II Subsidy not applicable if you buy another 2W ev in your name.

3 Likes

WHY that comeback though, Venkat? :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

@anilntny was genuinely just suggesting out here an idea he had for a better Ather with more powerful motor - which is what the Forum was created for - while you roasted him for no reason. I am guessing that’s why people reported that comment as unhelpful; after all, not everyone appreciates people being caustic 24X7X365 :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

If Ather was actually listening to genuine feedback from people here, it wouldn’t be in this quagmire. Instead, all that’s happening is well wishers batting for the company even though all evidence points to the fact that all their goodwill is being utterly and completely ignored, and perhaps also abused.

My remarks about pigs being more likely to fly before Ather doing anything remotely close to what Anil was hoping for were made in that context, and aimed squarely and obviously at the company, and were in no way meant to roast Anil, like you assume. He was the one who chose to respond with sarcasm, and I paid back in kind. After this exchange, somebody reported the original reply and had it hidden. Given how the little debate was going, I hazarded a guess as to who the reporter might have been, and added the PS.

I don’t agree with quite a lot of stuff said by quite a lot of people here - including and quite often you - but even though it’s really easy to abuse the Report feature, I don’t do that. It reeks of cowardice when you try to have a contrarian opinion erased.

I couldn’t care less how my causticity is perceived. Also, know that I am quite intimately aware of Ather’s inner workings, so almost all of my remarks are made with good reasons, even though you may not be able to understand them. I am under no obligation to sugar coat the truth because you don’t like it.

10 Likes

Mod Note : Please keep the conversation to the topic and not about making personal remarks.

https://forum.atherenergy.com/guidelines

Inappropriate comments or remarks that add no value to the conversation will be deleted to keep the conversation flow clean.

Use the quote option while replying to specific comments so the context for your response is clear.

7 Likes

Is it funny enough to be in The Funny Side? Not sure, or can be taken down there.

The only point in the image that qualifies for a solemn and serious discussion is the “Large touchscreen”.

Everything else qualifies as a joke, right?

5 Likes

“Never take your phone out…” the biggest joke…! I was stopped by a curious guy yesterday. I immediately showed him my frozen map. Then i did a hard reset & showed him how “nice” it is to pinch or pan the map. He said “arrgh. Ye to deemag ko shot hai yaar…” I smiled and zoomed away.

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Ather Hyderabad Owners