The Big Question! Is Ather planning a comeback?

A post was merged into an existing topic: Simple Energy One

I think functioning this way, Ather cannot survive - lots of features are missing. 450+ and 450x both are same - only software different! Only for running navigation, we pay 2500 per year - I don’t this this is right. My Ather scooter belt is broken only in 2 days I almost fell on the ground. They changed it in 2 weeks! Company is very slow and they only need money I think - company is playing with us! They owner of Ather company Mr. Tarun - what email address he give us it’s a not correct and my life’s big mistake is buying an Ather

1 Like

Of all three only ather seems like a true Indian scooter! so they deserve some consideration imo. Ola simply bought a Dutch company Etergo, and simple seems to be running some skinned test mules made of ather 450?! ( how come simple’s presentation video had an ather’s dash shown!)

But…Ather service is typical " Indian " it is very slow and very unprofessional! People who calls talks like "street vendors! …hope Ather will improve post sales experience too. I heard there is extreme shortage of parts, especially for accident met vehicles. I wish all success to Ather, hope they will make necessary changes in their " attitude ".

And lastly, where are those promised accessories!? People are willing to pay but Ather don’t have any to sell! Lost opportunity!

3 Likes

Moderator Note:

Please keep the discussions to the topic. Off-topic replies, one liners that add no value to the discussion will not be allowed. For one-to-one discussions with other members, use Private message functionality.

Read the Forum Rules and adhere to that. Thanks for understanding

8 Likes

My first reply was not off-topic and it did add value with reality as to what experience i got. Maybe it did not add value to Ather. Maybe down the lane this forum will be suitable for fanbois and not the customers who are criticizing the vehicle and experience. Please do mark this also as inappropriate and off the topic like always

1 Like

Honestly, recently you check any topics, they are all filled with disappointments. Instead of spending so much efforts on flagging all these posts everywhere, its time to start considering working on improvements. Customers are not complaining simply. It pains in the wrong place and hence they vent out.

2 Likes

I Have no ill intention against the company but please tell me this, can a customer not even voice out frustration and disappointment over the forums ? I mean what is the use of forum then ? Telling how good your vehicle is ? Its kind of surprising. I sent out mails to your customer care but got no response. Its been more than 10 days regarding problems and how these can be improved. Kindly go back and see i gave some decent options on how Ather can cope up with this. Instead of treating a customer with some dignity and respect for being an early adopter you are flagging my post and sending me private messages ? If that is what you want i will keep my mouth shut and not even post one single comment on how bad Ather is.

1 Like

Prateek, I think we all do understand your frustrations with certain bugs, but the whole reason of the Forum is to have a platform for users to read and interact with other owners. We aren’t employed by Ather or get paid to do this as Moderators, we simply want the other users to be able to access the relevant information. Sure, the Forum is a platform to vent out your disappointments, but it can’t be all over, and on each topic, cos then its very difficult for other users to even know what really going on. And not every single user who has a good experience is a ‘fanboi’ , some just are content with how their vehicles perform. Doesn’t ofcourse mean that you can’t express your frustration, but if its complaints, they make sense to be sent directly to Customer Support, than Forum, cos that’s the channel. This forum gets accessed by other enthusiasts too, who might find it incredibly difficult to go through different threads and not able to find the right information they are looking for, and only complaints. We just are trying to keep the Forum friendly, easy to navigate, is all. Hope none of this is taken offensively, cos its in no way meant to sound as such.

8 Likes

Happy to meet customers who are paying for subscription and say they are content with the experience. :blush: Its like kids whose parents tell them to be happy with whatever they have but at the same time keep demanding greater/better grades.

I will be personally happy if

• smart charging is implemented
  • better navigation with traffic details for bike routes
  • better specced tablet
  • future updates with better and more features

I am ready to pay for these. Ather is either working on these or they don’t care and hence been quiet.

3 Likes

I’m pretty happy with the functionality since 10.1.6 Beta update. Everything seems pretty sorted, apart from the network issues at times, which is on Jio’s end. I’ve heard people complaining of turn indicators not working, but that does happen cos the feature works at a certain turning angle. And sometimes post update, a dashboard reset resolves the issue of it not working at all. Other than that, everything is pretty smooth.

I’m sure they are working on future updates, but probably more on delivering a flawless current features experience. Just bringing more updates just for the sake of it, and compromising on user experience isn’t something I’d personally prefer.

5 Likes

Before calling anyone Fanboi/and other degrading terms, others here other than Ather people are just the owners as you guys are, keep on posting about how the software and hardware are not working when you paid for it anyone gonna be mad for it, but calling a fellow rider who isn’t much in concern a fanboi is not gonna solve the problem. In each and every topic I’m just reading this exact thing that the software is not up to date and it’s not gonna resolve any sooner. but one must give credits to set the standards of an EV scooter from bullock-cart speed to something decent. with style factor.

Now coming to the discussion how can they come back? they aren’t. With a huge manufacturing unit in place and to change something in-between is gonna create a big mess in the production line. The best is that they ditch the MB and get something decent with Andriod 10 OS instead of 8.1 or give us the codes so we can get a raspberry PI 4GB installed in there.

But keep on bashing the fellow users is not, I’m gonna repeat NOT gonna solve the issue bash the company all you want in one single post, putting it in repeat mode, one must learn they are doing the work from the ground up unlike OLA who just bought a company and named it from etergo to OLA, I’m pretty sure the scooter was in already launching mode and OLA has only tweaked the software and not created it.

But still, if someone wants to call me a FANBOI that’s ok to realise your frustration

14 Likes

A fanboi/gurl is by definition somebody who keeps preaching optimism without any justification for the same, and keeps debating on the company’s behalf with others who are justifiably unhappy with how they are being treated. All this while the company remains coyly silent while letting said fanoyiz/gurlz fight its dirty battles.

It doesn’t take much to convert a regular Joe into one either. Just a Moderator tag here, a Beta access there, and general ego massage is sufficient to convert a potential candidate into an unpaid CS rep spouting nonsense to defend questionable actions and decisions taken by the company.

3 Likes

@abhishek.balaji @tarun this is how Ather is planning a comeback ? Restricting the post and not letting people talk ? I was editing an old post and this is what i get. Pathetic.

2 Likes

This is my experience. Peace out :v: but this happens only through app not via browser (most of us only use APP :roll_eyes: ). Now I started doubting my my own skills. Thank you for analyzing my writing and viewing skills.

Please also note the under that is more important not the above. And ok I wanted to just mention & I am not complaining just expressing a view that is it, since I know this is done only for a noble holy cause of maintaining the decorum of the community. (Only for few topics & understandable no complaints on restrictions).

1 Like

Mine was via browser ( Chrome )

2 Likes

There you go : Ather Energy working on sub-Rs 100,000 electric scooter

2 Likes

Didnt it say only in 2023? May be I read it wrong. By 2023, there will be more competition in that sub 1 lakh category. Thanks to OLA. It had really pushed Ather. Nice…! Now hoping Ola doesn’t screw up like Ather in terms of software experience. Haha

4 Likes

I have read that article and felt it’s not worth sharing. Comments from the article felt like a template from a traditional automaker not a startup like Ather.

However, Ravneet Phokela, chief business officer, Ather Energy is not worried. Speaking to Autocar Professional, he said, “If better specs ensured more sales, the TVS NTorq scores over the Honda Activa but the sales numbers reflect a different picture.” He added that people buy into an overall proposition coming from a brand and what it stands for which goes beyond its specs. “Model specifications are important because they define a basic threshold — but it is about how overall specs come together, how relevant they are for the customers, the experience they get, the ride quality and so on.”

Honestly, none of the companies that have currently EVs on the market (Ather, TVS, Bajaj, Revolt, etc…) does not have an insurmountable first-mover advantage. All these have limited availability, average range, higher prices. Whatever the smart features advertised are not working most of the time.

Indian customers deserve decent EV choices at least in the 2 wheeler segment. The central govt and many state governments are doing a great job in providing subsidies, tax cuts, etc… It’s up to the industry to pull up their socks now.

11 Likes

Anyone living near the Ather Factory in Hosur, Have you guys seen any new test mule or camouflaged scooter. I’m tired of waiting for a new long-range Ather. need to switch soon :disappointed_relieved:

6 Likes

ATHERIANS want to know😀

We definitely enjoy the WARPS But is there something hiding behind the WRAPS🧐 @abhishek.balaji

6 Likes