Share Google Maps link to Ather App

Send co ordinates to Ather App/ Vehicle via app or Google Maps

1 Like

You can already push coordinates from the Ather app to the scooter for navigation.

2 Likes

For example, someone sends me location in WhatsApp.
I want to send it to my Ather, how to do that?!

1 Like

Some random co ordinate

1 Like

I think they will have to work with whatsapp for that integration to happen. Meanwhile you could find that location on google maps and use a nearby landmark on the Ather maps search to navigate to.
What would be nice to have in the near term however is the option to navigate to a particular coordinate by pointing to it on the maps tab/dashboard and not have to use search always to navigate.

4 Likes

That’s exactly what I don’t want to do!!
So, when you click on the co-ordinates, it should list options for opening. Maps, Google Maps, Ather, etc.
When selected Ather App, open Maps in Ather App and send location to 450.

2 Likes

but even that functionality is not available right now, you can navigate only using landmarks and not coordinates.

That’s exactly what I WANT

1 Like

The only way to do this is to copy the address from Google Maps and paste this address to search for location field in Ather app Maps. From there you can “send location” to the dashboard. See sample screenshot.

1 Like

All I want is an easier way to get it done!!

1 Like

Agree… It should be simplified :smiley:

Is it possible to share the location/ direction from Google maps to Ather app. Few locations are not available in vehicle’s map hence the request. This feature would make commuting to a new place much easier.

Hey folks! We’re running an early access program for this feature. Do join, test and share your feedback here:

https://forum.atherenergy.com/t/ather-app-beta-3-5-2-ios-and-android/7381

2 Likes

Finally! The sharing via Google Maps works perfectly. Thanks Ather :+1:t2:

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Ather App beta 3.5.2 - iOS and Android

@abhishek.balaji At times, the location of the vehicle is shown incorrectly. I’m not sure what causes this but I have seen this couple of times in the beta version of the app.

1 Like

That’s the GPS coordinates that the app and scooter default to, when a GPS lock is not found. It’s not an issue, just ride for some distance and your your location should show correctly

2 Likes

Alright. I get it now. Thanks Abhishek.

Would be great if you can respond to my other post about Ather Subscription for lease customers.

1 Like

Map location sharing working perfectly… Thanks for new future …:sunglasses:

A post was merged into an existing topic: Ather App beta 3.5.2 - iOS and Android