Setting up Your Home Charging Point

Your words sounds as if ATHER is insisting on drilling holes in the pillars. That’s obnoxious !! The customer points a location for Installation and the technician do the job.

If u don’t have any proper location to wall mount then u can always buy that stand for 3k.

I’m sure that 95% of the cases have charger mounted to a wall. And a very few on the wall. May the ATHER can make it a point to ask their customers if they are really ok with mounting on the pillar.

3 Likes

If you fail to understand my words you can ask for clarification than obnoxious response.

Hi, does anybody know if there is a provision to take delivery of the vehicle without the charging point and get the charging point installed later? Has anybody done this?

The reason I’m asking is because I’m having some difficulties with my apartment association giving me the full clearance, and although I’m confident of eventually getting it, I don’t want any delays here getting in the way of the delivery. I can get by with charging at office for a while though this is not the most convenient in the long run. That said, my delivery is still quite far away (8k series).

1 Like

Hi @dbanik, I have taken the delivery before the charging point installation…I was in same situation as your…My office(IBC Knowledge Park) already had fast charger, so when Ather team called to schedule charger installation i told them the situation and got the delivery without waiting for charging point installation. And 10 days after delivery only i got the charger installed.

2 Likes

What were the difficulties you are facing? . I would curious to know as i am also staying in the apartment.

1 Like

I took my delivery on 6 March and haven’t been successful in getting a go-ahead from the apartment association. Their reason for stalling is that they have already installed 2-3 common charging points, and don’t want to allow every resident to install a private charging point. Since I got to know before Delivery, I also added the portable charger to my order.

I just mostly charge at home, and if I’m not able to, my workplace is pretty close to the Ather Space, so I tend to use those.

2 Likes

For me, the house owner has gone on-site to Australia…so communicating things over mail and getting response from a guy who have not bothered to increase the rent for past 3 years have taken some time :wink:

5 Likes

For me the association managing committee is generally in my favour, but to be safe they want to get it approved by the general body. This may take a while as we are not sure when the next general body meeting will be. They need to have enough on the agenda to call for one. They are also talking about getting Bescom approval as the connection is from the meter, but I’m trying to convince them against it.

1 Like

I was also told by the apartment authorities, I should get approval from BESCOM or the company who installs the charging pod should have prior approval taken from BESCOM to install.

I don’t know if Ather team can help us here.

1 Like

I think later they may ask you get permission from BESCOM whenever you charge vehicle asking shall switch ON now? After Meter you taking then your going to pay for energy consumed… it’s max 1KW load, your home may be have load permission more than that.

Hi all,I just wanted to know about shifting the installed home charging unit from one home to other as I’ll be shifting very often depend on my job style,my present home lease will be ending 3 months after I get my ather 450 delivery…I’m curious can I shift the point by myself with some local electricians? Or does it have any software connection that only ather can re install it in other place??

2 Likes

There is no software connection. You are better off checking with Ather Support as the home point is a little temperamental when it comes to voltage fluctuations and grounding of the line.

Thanks for the info sir @raghav.srinivasan

Has anyone living in a rented house got a charging point in place? If so, how are you planning to manage this when you relocate to a different house?

From Ather’s side, how will you support such cases?

7 Likes

Mine was installed in rent house only.

how do you plan to handle relocations?

1 Like

Hi Shreyas, Yesterday I Completed my Payment and the Delivery seems to be in the first week of June.
Before that Can i know the Charging Point at my home requires 5 amps or 15 amps?
Thanks

5A charging pod they install… so 5A well enough

1 Like

Hi Guys,

Anyone here tested charging the ather via their inverter or UPS in an event of a power failure or in general, I am planning to charge it via my UPS as entire house runs on solar, any inputs would be appreciated.

1 Like

I checked with the Ather Team they said it would require >=1KW UPS Capacity. Unfortunately mine is just 750W.