Setting up Your Home Charging Point

Thanks a lot Abhishek… :slight_smile:
As its for the purpose of convincing someone else through a mail, i am looking for a better picture
If someone can help with that it will be great…else i will go ahead with this one.:neutral_face:

1 Like

I’ll try a video tomorrow

now it’s dark

3 Likes

sorry buddy

didn’t have time yesterday

was pretty busy trying to catch train

I’ll do on Tuesday if you don’t find better alternative

2 Likes

George, As Abhishek mentioned there are 3 wires that need to be connected to Ather Home Charging Point. Those 3 are

1. Live or Positive - RED in colour
  2. Neutral or Negative - Blue or Black in colour
  3. EARTH - Green in colour

Usually, Grid Wires are connected to Ceramic Fuse, then to Energy Meters. After Energy Meters, then you might see electrical circuit breakers. The output of these circuit breakers goes to different paths of house connections.

Now, there are 2 ways in which Ather Charging can be connected.

1. Connecting directly after circuit breaker (near meter)

OR

1. Connecting at any point in your house.

Since Energy consumption of charging is associated with your individual energy meter, the connection has to be made to your house only. Let us say, if you are staying on the 10th floor in your apartment, then the installation team has to pull the cable from your house at 10th floor.

Though technically it is feasible to measure the energy consumption that is used for charging Ather by other means, I do not think your apartment association will agree or get convinced. S0, let us forget about this aspect.

What do they do during installation? What aspect do they check? You may refer below posts.

Hope the above 2 cents helps to understand in detail.

5 Likes

Got the charging point installed by Ather team members, Ahmed and Akash

7 Likes

My home point installation was completed today. I got a call gor this on Wednesday and appointment was scheduled for today 14:00. I got a call from Lokesh at 11AM and he told he’ll arrive at 13:00. He arrived at 12:58 and work started at 13:00. In 150 minuminutes flat, the work was done and he left my apartment. In short, the work was Neat, clean and fast. Very happy with how he went about it and more importantly the way they made sure the place was cleaned. Nobody will even know that someone had worked there. Below are some pictures. The cable consumption was exactly as per estimate.

9 Likes

as expected…:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Order ID…? @hemanth.anand

1 Like

Yeah, they do a pretty good job.

1 Like

Charging point was installed on 04 Mar.
Very neat work done by Lokesh and his colleague, even my landlord was impressed by the work done.

6 Likes

My charging point also intalled on 16th march and policy also issued same day. I also noticed that my delivery estimate changes from 25-2apr to 21-27 march now. My dashboard status also showing VIN no of my Ather 450. Waiting to get my hands on it. :slightly_smiling_face:

9 Likes

How many days did the charging point take after payment of insurance?

I got a call for shedule next day of payment.

3 Likes

looks like the deliveries have expedited from the payment to the delivery day :slight_smile: this is great!. :+1:

1 Like

Has anyone implemented this ? How effective is this ? Is it safe enough ? I am looking forward to pre - ordering an Ather 450 but I am not sure if my Community association would be ok to drill on pillars… :expressionless:

Hi guys,

Regarding the reimbursement of the home charging by Ather quarterly, does it mean they will reimburse the charging done only through the installed ather home charging point/device or they will consider even those chargings that are done through the normal charging adapter cable that they provide separately with the vehicle ???
TIA

Regards,
Saptarshi.

The reimbursement will be based on how much units the vehicle consumed during charging irrespective of which mode of charging

1 Like

Ok…thanks for the confirmation😊

You at first should not be ok to drill a whole in pillar.
Ather is refraining from coming clean on this till date.

@Shreyas @Ather.Team As I know, in home charging pod 15As socket not populated and public charging pods populated. But if have requirement to populate 15A socket in home charging pod to charge my EV car… is it possible?

1 Like