Setting up Your Home Charging Point

Thanks for the detailed information.

2 Likes

Ground mount costs any extra?

2 Likes

I always wonder how come no one questions the drilling in pillar - the site engineer can sue these guys on a serious note. Having engineered the bike it is good for @ather_rajs.in to invest little time in civil structures too.

2 Likes

3.5k extra

1 Like

No appartment would allow drilling a hole into a pillar which supports the building. Ather team should create some economical option to install without drilling. This is unnecessary extra expense.

Considering todays building standards, itā€™s a bad decision to drill a pillar.
Some one here has already done it.

1 Like

Hey @khomath84,

This concern had come up long back in Mid 2016, when we had just started the AtherGrid project.

As per the ā€œNational Building Code of India 2016ā€ by BIS, a load bearing wall can be drilled to a depth of a third of its thickness if vertical and can be drilled to a depth of a sixth of its thickness if horizontal.

All Ather Home and Public charging locations comply with this regulation and in case we find walls or columns thinner than required, we use a floor mounted mount for it.

You can refer to section 6.5 in the ā€˜National Building Code of India V1ā€™ for the same regulation.

Regards, Shreyas

23 Likes

Mind giving page number? I failed to locate it.

1 Like

Page number 519 in the pdf http://lgpunjab.gov.in/upload/uploadfiles/files/NBC%20Part%20Complete%20Book.pdf

or you can check it here:

6 Likes

Soā€¦the cow is home finally (still not sure why they designed it this way!). The design kinda grew in me but I found it to be a little too much in terms of size.

I have a few comments on the installation partā€¦

1. Iā€™m honestly not too happy with the way this turned out. The pipe looks ridiculous and I wish it was flat type at least instead of round one.

2. The line from the switchboard up the wall and to MCB and the point looks terrible. I tried to explain to the guy who did it to install differently but I realized he was a bit stubborn to do it anyway. I really preferred the MCB to come right next to the switchboard. That way the height of the pipe could have been minimized. This guy kept talking about the looks being better with MCB on top, clearly, for me, it turned out to be total crap right at the facade. (Besidesā€¦being a designer I believe to have understood what aesthetic means after 12yrs in the field)

3. I read someone had mentioned that they clean up the place after installationā€¦nopeā€¦didnā€™t happenā€¦had to do it ourselves.

4. Lastly, I would like to point out the finish of the product (ref. pic 2nd and 3rd). GOD!!! This is not the standard I was expecting. Can someone let me know if you found it same as this or Iā€™m one of those unlucky ones to go through the disappointment with this shitty piece which just slid through the quality check?!

Overall I would just rate this experience as an average. Hope the bike wonā€™t turn out to be with such defects!

Why didnā€™t you reject the defective item - if you were present during installation?

This is 2005 and the document is not readable. Not sure where from you picked those lines.

@Shreyas - looking forward to hearing from you.

Hey @khomath84,

Please refer to the page 720 on the following link.

https://archive.org/details/nationalbuilding01

But In my case it was different ather guys showed up and they did as I said. I told them to install mcb inside the house bcz it will be easy to turn off for my parents they donā€™t need to come down to switch it off if I forget some timesā€¦

Thanks @Shreyas, looks like you are mis quoting chases as drilling holes. The limits you mentioned are ONLY for the CHASES. Marked in yellow in the image.

The one in red mark is what I consider fits for columns.

In effectā€¦ there is no CLEAR PASS to drill the holes in the columns. You ought to get consent from the project engineer before drilling.

Btw, is this factor mentioned in the consent form while you take up this work? Is it something you can share here?

The effects are realized only in long term, concentrated stress points are devils. Many might find this silly that we are arguing for couple of tiny holes in pillar.

Better solution for mounting on pillarā€¦ there are few very good options which calls for ZERO damage of the structure. Use of prefab base with mount points, which can be simply tied to the column with metallic tie strips which are adjustable (one time use only) or as simple as long bolt system which is reusable.

The ref image is for illustration purpose onlyā€¦

6 Likes

I asked him to leave the cover on before he left and didnā€™t bother checking it. Saw it much later.

The point isā€¦if they claim to be so good in what they do then Iā€™m quite surprised to see this.

1 Like

hope it is just one of caseā€¦

Did you ask them to for a replacement? I am sure they would oblige.