Home Charging

Has anyone used an alternate method of mounting the charging pod on the pillar (apart from drilling holes into the pillar)?

Buy a stand… From Ather (the only accessory)

I cannot as the floor has tiles.

Has anyone installed a cover or some kind of enclosure to avoid kids from meddling with the charging pod?

There is a floor mounted charger they offer but you will need to pay extra for that, in every scenario for Point installation drilling needs to be done, the only case where there is no drilling is when you take a portable charger

1 Like

Haven’t see anybody doing it, but you can find some infor in the below post.

Cover is installed by one member… details in the below post

1 Like

Ather Energy unveils a new home charging point called the Ather Dot- Technology News, Firstpost - https://www.firstpost.com/tech/auto-tech/ather-energy-unveils-a-new-home-charging-point-called-the-ather-dot-7256641.html

We all know the that the ‘firstpost’ is by ather. And not by firstpost :joy:

And we get to see it first. Before firstpost team. :joy:

5 Likes

My old jugaad flew off due to the strong winds in the last few days. So put this up last night. A pamphlet and some insulation tape worked nicely. It’s not completely invisible but it’s not too bright either.

Cut a tiny vertical slot for the light, but it’s actually not required since the insulation tape acts as a diffuser.

8 Likes

I just switch it off when I’m not using it. And when I charge my vehicle, I don’t leave it connected all night. I usually start at around 7 PM and it is fully charged by around 11 PM, so I disconnect the charger and then switch it off from the main switch.

1 Like

I prefer the same, I avoid over night charging. I observed this strange thing last night where I forgot to remove my 450 from charging and today morning the cleaning guy who also dusts my 450 every morning was able to remove it without inserting the key and turning the vehicle ON. I thought the Solenoid should stay put unless I switch on the Vehicle

1 Like

i too had same issue already serviced by ather for this issue still the issue cropped two times again informed to ather already

why @ather_rajs.in is not giving information about new charging point to the existing owners.

I believe i just spotted the new portable charger on their website…?

5 Likes

I guess this is the one… It was changed on the same day when DOT was updated

2 Likes

To be honest it doesn’t look bad in terms of size. Storage shouldn’t be an issue.

1 Like

Seems to be very compact.

In the picture we are able to see only one side of it once we see the charger completely then you can decide

We are not seeing the 3rd dimension in this picture. I’m getting a feeling that it’ll be the size of a regular red clay brick. (190x90x40mm)

4 Likes

The older portable charger is already the size of a clay brick, hope the new one isn’t the size of a cement brick :thinking:

4 Likes