Setting up Your Home Charging Point

Same here.

When the generator is on, it will not charge

1 Like

I am not sure whether its suitable solution.

Can you check if the generator has grounding done may be that should solve the problem.

Because I read it somewhere grounding should be done for generators as well

Generator had grounding but will not support the load…

Hey guys, got my charger installed a few days back. The thing is, it’s green in the mornings and red in the nights. Is this a major problem? Or has it happened to any of you before?

How to measure home pod energy consumption…! Do we have specific smart device can buy online… Will ather team who come for installation do that work for me…!

You can use this or similar ones to find the consumption of the pod .

2 Likes

Thank you… But does this require installation along side home pod?

Its a plug and play device , connect this to the wall socket and then pod to this meter, like this if there is provision already made .!

2 Likes

Thanks a lot… I’ll book this now.

Do you have voltmeter with you? (you may check the line voltage even in BESCOM meter, if it is digital) Guess at night when the line is loaded, voltage falls below acceptable level.

I’m facing that issue.

My charger was red last night. Tried everything but it still glowed red. It’s worked perfectly fine for the last couple months though. Decided to call Ather Support this morning.
This morning, just checked and it was green.

If this is happening everyday, you might have to get Ather Support to have a look at it.

Please share the results after testing if your are planning to get the watt meter .

1 Like

Sure

Details of units used to charge the bike posted here: https://forum.atherenergy.com/t/charging-at-athergrid/292/144?u=nimishguptablr

1 Like

I heard that home charger installation costs 9000+ and portable charger is 5000+.
If the customer opts for portable charger, would he get any compensation from ather.

I am living in a rented house and may be in a year or so , I am planning to buy an apartment. So I don’t want ather to install home charger in my rented house.

3 Likes

Charger installation scheduled at 9 AM today. Lokesh and team arrived at 9:10. Started work around 9:15 finished before 10 AM. FANTASTIC WORK by Lokesh. FYI the charger box is just beside my electric meter box. We have double earthing in the house. No earthing was required. Lokesh said it was one of the fastest installation.

12 Likes

Even mine took 45-50mins.
18meters of wiring

2 Likes

Can someone from ather reply on this ,
If I opt for a travel charger rather than home charging point , would I get any compensation .
If I am not getting any compensation , atleast will I get any assurance from ather that in future , incase If I need to install home charging point , i would be charged only 5000+.

So in any case home charge point + travel charger should not exceed the extra 5000 re price tag.

2 Likes

This does look like a better option. Will Ather do installation in this way if customer asks for it? Does anyone know if Ather supports installation on thirdparty/DIY floorstands? I can’t spend 4k for the floorstand.

@khomath84 any idea where can I order this online?

1 Like