Ownership Experience

On my way to own one

15 Likes

What was your actual scheduled delivery

1 Like

Awesome @Abhishek:+1:

actually is in dec but i was away (ather was not able to reach me!) so they scheduled for jan now when i have sent mail to update my profile with correct schedule…
today morning i paid the money as i was not able to pay on Saturday and Sunday due to bank restrictions!!

If you have made the payment now and expecting the delivery in first week of Feb, I guess it is safe to assume that for people like me expecting deliveries in Jan and who have not been asked for the full payment yet will receive it later in Feb or maybe early March.

1 Like

Congrats Abhishek. Charging point installation is already done ?

1 Like

not yet

may be next week!..

1 Like

Yeah. Hereafter Ather has decided to install charging point only after full payment is done.

can you please share what are the payment options given for the full payment of the vehicle?

NEFT without extra fee. (you will be provided with account details which u need to transfer)

others- credit card, banking and debit card with fee of 2%

i chooses NEFT… but my ideal choice would be cc but involves charge atleast 2.6k

3 Likes

Hi Ather Owners,

Did you anyone buy the vehicle on loan / EMI. Please do share the experience handled with application, payment and duration process to own the vehicle.
And also please do share your comments if vehicle delivery process will delay untill loan sanction?

Thanks in advance.

2 Likes

Would any of the Ather owners share some information on the insurance costs? Also, has anyone transferred the NCB of the previous two wheeler to Ather 450/340? When I asked the customer care, they said it is possible and they will assist me at the time of purchase.

How come more input data increase range? I believe the battery pack and other hardware will remain same. So to achieve the range algorithms needs to be changed to compromise on the power and performance.

I would be more interested to know if @ather_rajs.in can achive the “True range” promised in reality without downgrading performance. This should not come with asking to ride at a perticular speed, don’t acceralrate too much etc.

I know even in the power mode if I ride scooter at 20KMPH constant, I may get 100KM+ range. That’s not fun. The point here is Ather’s marketing gave a perception that in power mode you will get at least 60KM per charge irrespective of driving style.

Range can be calculated with inputs such as load, battery pack, speed, vehicle dynamics etc. Customers thought Ather had taken care of all these and come up with true range. In reality it is different.

7 Likes

Software program is flexible than hardware logic. If @ather.team has simulated with the existing hardware and found out 75km is an achievable true range, then program tuning has scope here with the help of realistic/field data. The perspective true range is with normal driving pattern experienced in city commuting.

In other words you are saying in near future we all will get promised 75km per charge “True range” in ECO mode without compromising on driving style, power and performance. That’s great. If so It would be great if @Ather.Team confirms this.

But it would be a big issue if they are going to correct their estimation instead of delivering promised range. @ather_rajs.in - clarify this.

2 Likes

I’m optimistic

Yeah, that is my concern too. More owners getting vehicle will give us the real range what they are getting.

Since this vehicle is software driven . More the data more accurate the result is. It’s all about data analytics & Big Data

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Discussions on News and Updates

I have been getting range between 75 to 80…

10 Likes