Discussions on News and Updates

But if they do make it work, then mind-blowing would be an understatement considering the amount of data they need to process and verify!!
Also, they can share this to the government and get it fixed XD

2 Likes
5 Likes

Received an email reply from Shell. Response is negative :disappointed:

4 Likes

Idiots!!! Theres much money to be made in ev chrging than they think

@rajeshkav,

Thank You,

There are many companies going to give tuff competition to ICE vehicles by launching EV in India.

As a main source of running ICE vehicles. Petrol companies or bunks not going to courage EV infrastructure in India untill by 2025, India stop or ban selling of EV vehicles.

1 Like

And here these are claiming 160-180 km range. If it gives even half of that it becomes more than true range claimed by Ather. Will see when it hits the road.

1 Like

Hero launches new line of EVs.

I would prefer a track cycle if i wanted to travel at 30-40 kmph

2 Likes

But but but, people still want eco mode :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

Yeah i do ride at 40. But i want a sports mode for quick overtakes. Having a 2L Turbo does not mean i will use it all the time, its the sometime i want it to go zoom

1 Like

The scooter market is so broad and it caters wide variety of people. We, the initial set of customers are mostly EV enthusiasts, a very small sample…

Otherwise if there’s data on scooters in India, the average top speed will will be around 50 if not less.

Take ladies, middle aged men, cautious people they constitute major part in scooter market.

So when Ather has sold 1 million scooters by 2022, eco mode will be one of the most used feature as well.

9 Likes

Makes sense

When I went to my hometown, I was surprised to see Okinawa. Either Praise or i-Praise not sure which one…

Last week, near HAL, I observed one old Hero Electric scooter…

In both, I did not notice the sound in slow speeds like what we get… Wondering if they are using belt or not

4 Likes

No belt, they have motor on the rear wheel.

They use ‘hub’ motor

4 Likes

Oh ok. I am not aware of these technical details. Any idea why we didn’t go like that…

Is it only for low rpm vehicles?

Check this out… Very interesting article about your question. It is lengthy, but it is worth reading.

5 Likes

Even I noticed couple of Okinawa scooters near mandya

My FIL almost booked the Okinawa ridge plus, I stopped him to do so .Its one of those badly designed product .With one person and a kid It could hardly go past 30 -40 kms .
Initially even I too had planned to get the okinawa praise , after test riding the ridge , prasise and Ather. Was sold to Ather and booked Ather the day I took the test drive.Its a different experience to own a simple but yet powerful EV in the market as of today.

4 Likes

Been there bro. On one hand i have experienced Ather and seen emflux one (two is da bomb), and the other side i have also ridden hero electric, okinawa (most models). I call it the OnePlus vs Micromax syndrome, both companies started with different values and philosophies is all i can say

3 Likes