Ownership Experience

Hi,

@Ather.Team or any Ather owners… Can you please confirm if we have central lock with anti-theft alarm system feature in ather scooter?

Thanks @magneta for comparing the absolute energy numbers between a petrol scooter and Ather. I’ve seen price comparison but this is the first comparison of this sort.
Most people don’t realize what a crazy number 0.032kWh per km is. Nothing in our country so far, not the road infra, not the traffic flow, not any other vehicle is designed to operate at such levels of efficiency. This is an achievement even by global standards. Tesla Model 3 was able to achieve 0.138 kWh per km. Even Gogoro 2 (a popular Taiwanese scooter) has similar efficiency numbers as Ather.

10 Likes

@Nilay thanks for the call and clarifying . Hope the good experience continues …

2 Likes

Are the street dogs chasing the vehicle?
How are the owners managing it every time?

1 Like

Same here

When u have booked

1 Like

@Ather.Team Since the updates are delivered over the air, is there an option where the user can reject the update or independently (on own)/ via offline mode be able to rollback to an older version of firmware/software?
Will this software be audited by any independent firm? I ask because OTA is something many companies have in past and are currently misusing to disable features and/or slowdown older products, when new ones are available, thereby forcing the user to update to the newer product (mobile phones and TV’s being classic examples of such misuse).

6 Likes

Yeah @Ather.Team , we want to know

I’ve been driving an electric scooter for the past 16 years. Two YO bikes and presently Hero Photon. I bought the Photon in 2016. The lead acid battery 4 numbers (12V, 24 aH) lasted for 15 months. I made my own 48V 12aH lithium ion pack with BMS and for the past one year it has served me well. I get a mileage of 30 km on a single charge. My usage is around 5 km daily. The pack is portable and I carry it to my flat for charging. Takes 4 hours for a full charge. Am looking forward to the Ather 450.

9 Likes

The generic electric scooter has very little major parts. Motor, controller, battery and electronics. I’ve never given my scooter for repair or servicing in the last 16 years. I’ve done what little is required myself. All my three scooters never broke down- not even once. That is the advantage of the electric scooter. If I get my Ather 450 I’ll service it myself. I’m confident I’ll not require the services of Ather staff for after sales.

3 Likes

Agree completely that generic EV hardly requires any mechanical fix. My Chinese EV too did not go to a mechanic in the last 2 years. The only part which I had changed in brake shoe.

However, Ather is driven majorly Software (SW) driven. Today it’s charging, motor cooling fan, various functions in the display, battery capacity, driving behaviour etc…etc, are all software controlled. Maybe it is one generation ahead of common EV (I heard Tesla is too SW heavy). So, we expect to see On The Air (OTA) updates often till the product is stabilized.

2 Likes

Its been 2 days of ride and it’s awesome so far, best value for money, side effects of ATHER
jealous neighbours,
@every signal , someone asking if its electric?
some people overtaking you , just to talk to you, ask how is the bike? I just show my hand :ok_hand:and then zoom.
Just drive in the non-eco mode for all the fun.
Driving in the night with navigation on will attract a lot of attention

17 Likes

Making me feel jealous!

@AtherOwners has anyone used the support option on your app? The Ather team at the experience centre said that If anyone is strangled without charge then you can reach out to the 24X7 support for getting the vehicle charged on the go. Wanted to know more about that.

1 Like

Anyone who is using ather scooter share their experiences on seating while riding short duration and longer one?

I slip/sink in the seat while riding my existing one within 5mins.

I guess due to ather torque power while accelerating the bike is not letting to sit comfortable while riding the bike.
Executive was told pavilion seater to hold and sit during stop and start riding the bike in traffic and in signals.

Let’s see what ather owners may comment on this.

I’m not talking about that ’ pushed back’ feeling. I want to know whether seat holds us or needs anti skid treatment.

1 Like

I haven’t faced any issue in seating during my regular commutes.
However, if you are riding at high speeds and brake frequently, slipping/sinking might happen. Again, i’m not sure as i haven’t faced that situation yet on Ather 450.

1 Like

Do cooking gas cylinder fits in the front ? Has any owner checked this one?! Scooty easily accommodate cooking gas cylinder.

3 Likes

Yes… This is wat I chkd during test ride. Cylinder fits properly both front and in pillion seat. But donno whtr it will pull like other vehicles. If this vehicle can carry family of four thn guess it can be used for any hardcore household work. :blush:

1 Like