Ownership Experience

What is the speed you are maintaining

Around 45 Kms speedā€¦

1 Like

Is it avg speed or the max. Speed at u r driving?

1 Like

Tall riders of A450, what is the experience with the scooter so far? I find it difficult to ride other scooters because of my height 6 ft. How does A450 compare?

The claimed range is only if you drive at < 35kmph
It does not have anything close to s450 performance. Eco mode top speed on praise is restricted to 35kmph and sport mode is 60kmph, also the claimed range over stated. check out the review here: https://www.zigwheels.com/reviews-advice/reviews/okinawa-praise-road-test-review/30726/

1 Like

Harsha,

This is different scooter, with Lithium ion battery . The test drive link you provided is for normal battery.

True itā€™s a new bike with li ion battery. But the specs are pretty much the same http://okinawascooters.com/ipraise/

1 Like

Canā€™t say much about the bike. (removable/exhangeable batteries sounds interesting) But that App looks like it is everything the Ather app should be. Remote immobilising, Vehicle locator and Trip history! Still though, no buyerā€™s remorse, Iā€™m happy to have bought this. Competition is good. S450 Mk ii should have some great improvements!! :smiley:

2 Likes

Even for Li-Ion battery, range of 160 KMs with just 2.9 KWh battery is very difficult. None of the Taiwanese, European and Indian electric scooters could claim to be so efficient till now.
Real world range could be much less than claimed range of 160 KMs.

2 Likes

just got insurance doc which is already active for the vehicle i noticed something funny

pdfviewer

2 Likes

Thatā€™s why I think if I drive always in sports mode and if it gives half of claimed range it will be more than 75. Because even if I want to I canā€™t always drive at 60 km/hr in Bangalore traffic.

1 Like

Truly funny. Concerned authorities may look into changing the format of Vehicle Insurance as per the requirement.

1 Like

Thatā€™s a great feedback from real owner experience and forum needs Good and Bad things. Thank You bearing your time to write it to us.

3 Likes

Is it the real range on actual ride or the one showed while charging? Did you calculate the real range once after a full charge?

Awesome one mate!! you just nailed it !!:joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

I have driven an Okinawa Ridge Plus for rent( Fae bikes), donā€™t know how old/used the battery is but Iā€™ve observed 36 kms of range in real world driving. Wish I could get my hands on i-Praise for comparision but should be about the same. This is on top of 3500 per month rental, so I am a fair bit disappointed. I do hope the i-Praise is better because if they donā€™t get it right than every argument you have with a colleague about EVs being the future seems hand-wavy

How much did the insurance cost? And did you inquire about the NCB transfer (in case you owned an old bike)? Also, I am wondering if the new IRDAI ruling about single CPA cover is being put in to practice (assuming you own another vehicle)?

Hey! Going back to your third point in the Pros, are you really saying that home charging comes with rapid charging? How does that work? Does your scooter charge up to 100% in about 2 hours? Could you please expand on your home charging experience?

Thanks in advance!

2 Likes

insurance - Rs.9637
i donā€™t own a vehicleā€¦ am just waiting to buy electric vehicles all these years
i think you can inform the insurance company about this so that they exclude that while charging premiumā€¦
you can call 1800-103-4448 or mail at hello@godigit.com for more
above is the godigit general insurance which was offered during the payment processā€¦ there is am option to buy for yourselfā€¦
if you have policy alreadyā€¦ may be u can renew the same and extend the cover to this vehicle which might reduce the costā€¦
just an fyi
i bought this on my momā€™s nameā€¦ as during registration to claim subsidy we require Aadhaar which i do not have!~|?%$#@

3 Likes

Rapid charging till 80% only. Same at home and outside. I think (and someone from Ather can confirm this) rapid charging seems to heat the charging module and battery up quite a bit. The cooling fan that runs by the end of a full charge is louder than the bike motor itself. When a battery is hot the overall capacity kind of reduces, so the last 20% trickles in so thereā€™s time for the battery to cool down. (Itā€™s also why most cellphone quickcharge standards cut off well before 100%)
But that cooling fan thing is one Iā€™m curious about. Iā€™ve only had the bike for less than a week now, but both times I hit 100%, the fan was running for long after hitting 100 until I went down and disconnected the cable (about 20 mins or so later) next week after a few more charges and kilometers run Iā€™ll be doing a comprehensive interrogation of customer support for all these questions :smiley:

6 Likes