Ownership Experience

The old ather 450 software made the range on the dash as a dynamic range, which changes with your riding. If the question is how he achieved such range, then do check out this thread https://forum.atherenergy.com/t/mileage-archives/1234/255

Today my vehicle got a scratch near the front left side body panel. It is a small scratch (according to me). As I have (probably we all have) this ‘emotional connect’, did not want my 450 to have that scratch mark, checked with CS on the paint job. Received an update that no paint job can be done but to replace the entire panel. This got me surprised.

Anyone with any experience on having to touch up/paint job for scratches?

Here is the scratch mark and the response from CS.

2 Likes

Not that Painting can’t be done, just that Ather will not do it. It’s a small and negligible scratch and can be left as it is IMO. A small amount of rubbing compound will still reduce this further to a small line. So can just ignore that. But if you still want it to be at it’s shining best (understandable) Get it done from an outside paintbooth. The fairing replacement will cost 1100+28%GST. Painting that panel may cost around 500 to 750.

3 Likes

Sadly at first I used to look at every scratch I get on my scooter. 1 yr since ownership. My scooter has so many scuffs and scratches. Even broke the rear fender twice. Fevikwik fixed it both times. But the side panels and the panels next to battery are all completely scuffed. Ive left it as is now. I don’t plan to sell this ather for what I hope - a decade. So I don’t really mind. Cant really hope to keep a scooter that you use on a daily basis inside Bangalore to be scratch free IMO. Adds a bit of character too :smile: So I suggest embrace the scratches and enjoy the scooter for what’s inside

8 Likes

It’s just an ignorable scratch. Due to the fact that the vehicle is only 4 months old, had this concern :slight_smile: Would try a rubbing compound. Thanks Hemanth.

Yeah Suraj, agree with you. I am in Bangalore for last 10 years and owned two vehicles before. Both having enough marks on them to prove it’s been useed in Bangalore. Everytime the first year of ownership is like a newborn’s father feel. I am going to try a rubbing compound for now :smile:

Cheers!

6 Likes

25 days and 500 km its a smooth experience. No troubles No regrets, right from booking to delivery to onroad experience.

Some of those who dont want me to buy EV are now loving it. Its so special and exciting to ride on this beauty.

I am loving it❤️

10 Likes

Try getting your belt tensioned Have you gotten the break pads changed recently? That being said. Since ive got my scooter I’ve always noticed ather doesn’t coast as well as other petrol scooters which aren’t in gear. ICE in gear obviously, ather coasts better but if you were to rotate the front wheel of ather 450 it comes to a stop significantly faster as compared to my activa. I have videos for this. I’ll try to upload it on youtube and post a link here. Basically I do feel that athers wheels aren’t as free to rotate as their ICE counterparts. I won’t compare the rear wheels, but even the front wheel has a significant amount of resistance.

7 Likes

HI, I used to my 450 after few weeks now. The battery had drained completely. After recharging - its charged fully and seems to be working fine but on the screen it shows - the red highlight occasionally (please see attached screenshot)

Any suggestions what could it mean?

Thanks

1 Like

It means higher battery drain due to higher acceleration. It’s an indicator to show real time usage of your battery (darker red means faster depletion) . Colour changes real time based on your driving pattern.

2 Likes

It means that you are driving so aggressive. You are sudenly increasing the acceleration tonits full and it will cause high load on battery and it drains fast. So to indicate the rider on realtime it turns red.

1 Like

Adding to what others have said, you can turn it off in the dashboard settings if you want, look for “real time efficiency indicator” and toggle it off.

3 Likes

That’s how it’s supposed to work, when you turn the throttle, you can’t calculate efficiency at that moment, it considers the last few seconds of your riding to gauge the efficiency and then show you an indication on the screen.

6 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: 450X Virtual Open House

A post was split to a new topic: Yokesh’s 450

A post was merged into an existing topic: Dash board time laps recording issue

@abhishek.balaji Today 06/11/2020 booked 450 scooter and Check the delivery time schedule

@abhishek.balaji Delivery time given OCT/2020

HOW ITS POSSIBLE explain me :thinking::thinking::thinking:

1 Like

Suggest you call customer care. Fastest response that way. Abhishek and others are probably busy with 450x deliveries.

Was it meant to be October 2021…

Yes now a days @abhishek.balaji too busy …:no_mouth:

Sir, which EV you have? 450 or 450X?

How is the performance of the EV at uphill roads?

1 Like