Mileage Archives

Some part of this ride was in RMC yard Yeshwanthpur which has some of the steepest roads in the city

Ya I live nearby. I’ve seen those roads. I’d need to get off and push the scooter to getvthese efficiency numbers.

4 Likes

Century club in all three modes it is :partying_face: I’m literally loving my time with my Ather 450 :blush: Now it looks like Mahabalipuram can be done in any mode :sweat_smile: If you ask me, Ather 450 - it’s much more than just an EV :blush: :v:t2:

16 Likes

Please visit the nearest Ather Space and get your 450 checked. I think they planted 450x battery inside it :joy:

Amazing stats :raised_hands:

4 Likes

If this is the case just with the Ather 450, I’m just thinking how exciting the 450X would be with the stats and performance in the long run :smiley::star_struck::v:t2:

3 Likes

Yesterday I completed 107.9 Km via Eco mode in single charge. Continuous 4.5 hours running with out any single problem. Thanks to Ather Team.

8 Likes

You touched ARAI Figures!!

3 Likes

People have blown past those arai figures. Ather is bringing back credibility for arai. Arai needs to adapt and realise EVs can provide half of what they rate and even 10-20% more than what they quote. And start providing better certified ranges

1 Like

Today It was my longest ride till date.

Started with 100% charge and after the ride I still had 17% charge left. Could have completed 20 more kms with that charge :sweat_smile:

11 Likes

Dunno how u guys do that… I struggle to get 75 in mixed riding conditions!

2 Likes

It’s all about how well you modulate your throttle depending on road conditions :v:

Today’s ride Ramanagara to Bengaluru, most of places it’s upward slope. Tried to maintain efficiency as much as possible not compromising with speed and riding modes.

4 Likes

I have to go torappadi village near malayanur in Tamil nadu. I started my journey from my home on 13.2.21@3.36 PM and ended on 14.2.21 11.40 PM. Total 32 hours four minutes. Traveling time 12 hours 45 minutes and charging time 19 hours 09 minutes. Total Km 362 Top speed 91 Efficiency Best 24wh/Km Efficiency worst 34wh/km Totally very good experience of long travel. Need of planning and need for charging places.i had relatives and friends so I managed with out any difficulty The Aim was चार्ज लगाओ, आराम करो गाड़ी चलाओ, मौज उड़ाओ means charge it take rest and ride it enjoy.

10 Likes

Hoping he hasn’t experienced ORR kinda traffic there :joy::innocent::raised_hands::clap::+1: under 20kmph is​:ok_hand:

1.Bangalore or Chennai? 2.Same distance of commute here. Yet to own an A450x. Was really concerned and curious about the ergonomics. How do you feel is the riding comfort throughout your routine commute? 3.How would you recommend A450x over a cruise bike in terms of spine health? Has anybody with this distance of daily commute, suffered back pain or related health concerns?

1 Like

I wonder at what ODO reading @pkg7723 is at. I just heard one of the first few owners have crossed the 30k ODO mark. I even saw the 14th Ather 450 which was ever made and it had done just 20k Km

He’s from bangalore. Chennai didn’t have Ather, back then.

About 40Km a day won’t be a problem if you get yiur seat changed. Depends on your height. I’m 6Ft and I changed my seat quite soon. Increased it by 2 inches

come from a Thunderbird 350. Idk if you call that a cruiser. But I prefer the TB for >50Km rides. Athers seating postion takes some getting used to. The handle bar is lower than usual scooters especially if you raise the seat height with some padding. The seating is a bit more aggressive than a cruise bike. With the right seat padding you can pull off >25Km at a stretch quite comfortable. I’d put the limit at 1.5 hrs on the saddle at a time.

I recently did 50Km and I ended up having some lower back and gluteus pain in the last 10Km the padding on my seat is starting to dissappear. Been a while since I got it.

Started this ride at 100% and cruised at 50-60Kmph for 25Km and the rest 25Km was in peak Bangalore traffic.
Average speed is as usual wring because of traffic signals.

2 Likes

Thanks for the reply. Not RE’s but Bajaj Avy. No doubt it’s effortless balancing. And obvious reasons why I owned an Avy, being 5.5high. Total distance a day round trip goes 52kms approx. I’ve taken Honda Activa couple of times, was way convenient than using clutch and shifting gears. But not sure about how it would go if it’s routine.

Why don’t you do one thing. Take a 450X from Ather indrangar. Tell the guys at the experience centre. You need to test it for a longer ride. Take it to outer ring road, which is quite close by. Ride till 25Km and then turn around and come back. You’ll understand how it’ll be. Ather isn’t like other OEMs. They’ll even allow you to do that with the test ride vehicle.
Imo 5ft 5" you’ll be more rhan comfortable on the scooter. Maybe even without a seat mod.

3 Likes

Yes it will work correctly if you maintain same riding pattern throughout your entire ride you will achieve the predicted range ,its an intelligent range prediction didn’t you know about that

1 Like