Ownership Experience

Just raised this with the team, will check and get back to you soon on this

Hey just got an update from the service team on this, hereā€™s why you were charged:

1. Ather Service covers periodic maintenance costs, labour associated it with, and pickup/drop.
  2. In your case, the service team inspected the vehicle and found that the horn switch was broken due to wear and tear, and not a part defect that would be covered under warranty.

In cases above where other owners have mentioned about horn switch replacement, it was a part defect and hence was covered under warranty. I believe the customer support team did explain this to you this morning over a call.

Clarifying this a little more, Ather Service will cover Doorstep service/pickup drop in these cases, but if any part of your vehicle needs to be replaced due to damage, part cost + labour would only be charged from you.

Thanks for clarifying for many ather owner here.

I will and many other ppl also will not continue Ather one service plan, which is useless

No point too pay for subscription and addtional pay for labour from my plan I had paid July I have to Oct I have paid 1770/-

subscription on plans there was no exact clarity.

Please change you plans from ather one service too.

Pick n Drop plan kind better easy to understand for all

Hey @vishwanath108,

We had this clearly in the FAQs available on the website: https://bs-ather-jobs-assests.s3.ap-south-1.amazonaws.com/bpa-assests/ather-450-faq.pdf

Hereā€™s what the Ather One Service plan includes:

• Ather One Connect +
  • Periodic maintenance every 5000 km (includes pick-up/drop-off/servicing at your doorstep, labour, consumables)
  • 24x7 Roadside assistance in case of emergencies
  • Other service assistance at your doorstep

When you says

(includes pick-up/drop-off/servicing at your doorstep, labour, consumables)

Why u have charged labour charges ?

Itā€™s for periodic maintenance ie; 5k, 10k, 15k service. Labour and part charges were charged in your case since it was not periodic maintenance, but a replacement requested by you because of wear & tear/damage.

1 Like

If this plan is serviceable for 5000 kms

As my odo is 4200 km When I called u r call center told about service for 5k Untill it runs 5k u donā€™t accept for sevice. If want to do early , why donā€™t u accept it and get service done, I have paid for the service plan right ??

So ppl nearing 5 k or 10 k opt for plans ur suggesting only for them itā€™s usefull

I was actually told wear and tear expenses will also be beared if subscription is availedā€¦ Thatā€™s the very reason why I opted for subscriptionā€¦

1 Like

Once your vehicle is inspected, here are the consumables that will be replaced, as and when required.

• FR & RR wheel bearings
  • Steering bearings
  • Front fork seal
  • Swingarm bushes
  • Brake pads (two wheels per year)
  • Primary and secondary belts

Additionally, we will also do a top-up of brake fluid and front fork oil.

3 Likes

Thank you for the infoā€¦ I want to know more about this, so I will walk into atherspaceā€¦

1 Like

Will ather provide spares to customers who donā€™t opt for Ather Service plan?? Suppose we want to do minor repairs ourselvesā€¦ Can we pay for the spares and buy them?

5 Likes

After waking up from shut down, am unable to use regen breaking by reverse throttle. It doesnā€™t work (or at least I do not get the feel like Regen is engaged). Have noticed this more than couple of times in last two months. Some time it works, but the other occasions, it doesnā€™t. I wait for the next shut down to solve this issue by itself. Anybody else noticed this?

At least for todayā€™s occurrence my battery was above 84%. That solves this query :slight_smile:. Did not pay attention to this fact earlier. Hence cannot confirm on the earlier occurrences what was my battery %. Will update here if I found again.

1 Like

Hue reflects average efficiency during last 10 seconds. So, it will not be immediateā€¦

Nope. I find the headlights quite goodā€¦ Better than any other vehicle Iā€™ve owned/driven before. Maybe you should get it checked.

I 100% agree Iā€™ve always preferred halogen over LED itā€™s not just ather. My 10 year Innovaā€™s halogen lights were better than my Fortunerā€™s huge projector LEDs. Plus LED are hard on the other motorists on the road. I think itā€™s mostly the colour. Yellow just is better, at least for me. My 10 yr old Activa pushes out better light in my opinion.

3 Likes

It is mostly the eye response at night. The LED gives a full spectrum which is good for legibility. But most of the vehicles as well as Sodium lamps shine in the yellow side. This baffles your eyes. The LED lights should give you better visibility/legibility in a pitch dark situation, by giving you a good response on what is green and blue ahead. But when you are on a sodium lampā€™d road with other halogen lampā€™d vehicles, LED is counter visible.

1 Like

Yes some spare parts such as mirrors, body panels etc will be available for sale. You can reach out to customer service and place a request for parts, theyā€™ll get back to you with the pricing and shipping if needed.

2 Likes

Ather headlights are not the best ones out there for sure.

Itā€™s mainly because of the White colour light. White is good for normal usage and when it is really dark but the penetration of white light is poor and almost useless during rain or areas with street lamps. Not just with Ather, but on any vehicle, an yellow light is way better than a white light.

9 Likes

How is it possible sir ?