OTA Wants - Feature requests

Wait a second. Ather doesn’t have GPS no. It’s got AGPS. I guess that’s the reason for the issues related to auto turnoff.

I’m not sure this is right. The auto indicator turn off seems to be based on the accelerometer on the vehicle than GPS.

2 Likes

I remember reading somewhere on the forum itself that it was based off th GPS. I apologise if I’m wrong :speak_no_evil:

1 Like

I’m sure it’s right. The system depends on GPS for auto cutoff.

It’s been addressed before. GPS based turn indicators would be a safety hazard.

https://forum.atherenergy.com/t/ather-450-and-340-technical-discussion/51/106?u=abhishek.balaji2

1 Like

This post was about switching the indicators ON based on GPS location and the route. I don’t think it’s about the auto cutoff.

am sure auto indicators are based on accelerometer

also you can see there is no time cutoff, if someone have a chance to engage indicator at high speed, they can notice it very easily, the indicators will turn off so quickly with only one blink!!! traffic behind wouldn’t get enough time to notice

this should be priority in ota as we are pointing this from a long time

1 Like

Yes, I am mentioning about this exactly… For example, I am on a straight path with no change in lane or turn, but the indicator turns off very soon, mostly around 5 second mark…

This is undesirable and should be long enough…

And, even when you make the auto-turn work fine, it should be optional for the user to change from setting ON/OFF.

also since we donot have compass to assist maps

may i request @Ather.Team to consider adding a North direction indicator on the map so that we can guess our orientation before starting the route (i think that info will be available from maps itself)

2 Likes

If I remember the details correctly on the next OTA from the owners meet, they are planning on improving the auto indicator accuracy in the next update.

1 Like

I doubt it’s based on GPS. It’s based on accelerometer from my experience. Because, even when I change lanes on highways, it turns off correctly on its own. I doubt the GPS is that accurate.

The auto cutoff is actually not that bad. It works fine for me about 60% of the time. But on Indian roads, with lanes and bylanes and traffic congested roads, the auto cutoff does get annoying.

Why can’t we have “update and shutdown” option like windows etc. This is much needed because while parking for long duration I am losing battery and if I shutdown immediately I lose ride updates.

2 Likes

The IMU sensor enables the Auto-cutoff for indicators.

As discussed in owners meet, next update will have that feature.

@Ather.Team Not sure if this was asked, Along with @Abhishek’s request on Fast charging capability retained always with the portable charger. The new Ather DOT should ideally have a fast charge option for some urgent needs? Is that even possible?

@Ather.Team Have you considered adding TPMS in the scooter? It should be relatively easy for Ather, as you have a software already onboard to manage smart features. All you might need is a RF sensor (readily available in market) mounted on a TPMS tubeless valve (again available locally) and integrate the same with your software. With this, user can receive warning, when the tyre pressure is low. Also, most tyre inflation units at Petrol bunks are not calibrated after installation. TPMS can also show actual pressure when being inflated against the indicated pressure as shown on the public inflation system and make necessary correction, if any.

6 Likes

One thing observed is that right indicator turns off about 5 seconds after its turned on and some time even lesser, left indicator does not turn off at all.I have observed this on multiple instances .
Its good to have autocutoff feature on/off from dashboard like the sound for indicator.

1 Like

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Updates and new features

Seems this one isn’t coming!!!

Details of ride gets updated after starting the vehicle. Ride statistics will be stored temporarily in the dashboard.
May be tomorrow i’ll update and get back to you.